Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

We was robbed

No way a pen + serious encroachment = diabolical decision.We were looking good at that stage, no threat from QPR & we would have went on to win comfortablyCriminal

Our second half play showed that we deserved all three points and that we need to invest money in a classy striker.....

Both decisions were poor by the ref. If memory serves me right, we started the last season similarly in terms of penalties conceded. Hopefully we won''t reach our early season tally of 2011/12. Was it 5 in 5 games?   

I''m really still annoyed by that decision, I''m thinking we should be on 3pts now but feel robbed. But on a brighter side, I am really happy with ohow we played.I thought the midfield did really well, so with the new ones coming in, it might be a bit harsh leaving someone out, but that''s football I guess.

I wasn''t at the game today, but from the radio I could tell that ''we was robbed''. The ref and linesman should be very ashamed of themselves if they watch MOTD tonight.

If you give penalties for that then your gonna see 3,4 pens a game. Minimal contact, Cisse was even about to complain about being pulled up for diving. None of the QPR players appealing gives a massive clue.

Couldn''t really see the penalty incident from the Barclay, I haven''t seen it back yet either but the fact that no QPR players appealed and it took Twattenberg an age to blow up tells me it was soft. From what I''ve heard he gave the penalty for a shirt pull, which is fair enough, as long as you''re prepared to give 30 penalties per game.

It''s almost like he has to make a controversial decision in every game just so he gets 30 seconds of his own on MOTD.

As for the encroachment bit, wouldn''t that have just resulted in the Penalty being taken again? Small odds on Ruddy saving it again I would have thought.

Got to be happier than last week but you really need to take 3 points in home games against teams that will struggle too , so is it a point gained or two lost ? .Still need a better striker up top than Holt although pleasantly surprised with Jackson .

Why do you dislike Holt so much? Thought he had a good game today,although he could have come off a bit earlier.

[quote user="Xavi- Poor Mans Ian Crook"]When i saw it, i thought it was a pen. It was very soft but i felt bassong didn''t get enough of the ball. The ref only gets one view and from my point of view it looked like a foul.[/quote]It looked a penalty.  Haven''t had the benefit of seeing a replay though.As for encroachment, I was watching the other side of the penalty area where both our lads and theirs were doing it.  It''s the result of weak refereeing, unfortunately.

Traditionally Holt always starts the season slow, I have no doubt he will start scoring soon enough.I know the officials have a hard job and only get to see the incident once, but mistakes like that could cost us at the end of the season. But atleast this performance is more positive than last week. Also CH having a go at the ref after the game finished, maybe he''s not as nice as we all first though lol.

you just know that trouble is round the corner whenever you see Clattenburg is in charge . He is comfortably the most petty ,fussy,self-admiring referee on the list. I simple dont believe that the majority of refs would give a penalty like that one today....a referee has to WANT to award sommething like that, he went on from there gradually losing control and in the end forgot to get his own story straight by failing to remember what he was giving fouls for and what he wasnt.

[quote user="calriv"]Don''t forget the Green handball outside his area! Linesman was dreadful today.[/quote]

That and Hill should have been sent off too for a second bookable offence.

So that makes two failed sendings off and a soft penalty and a penalty encroachment.

Ontop of that the challenge on Russell Martin should have been a penalty - in fact either of the two put in on him in that burst into the box should have been.

Not just the referee but his assistant, I believe the same assistant, consistantly failed to make the big decisions other than the penalty for them which I think most people state was very soft.

I know D.Russell was saying that there was a bit of shirt tugging going on for the penalty but then what the heck does that make the challenge on R.Martin?

The QPR penalty decision is a hard one. I must have seen the incident at least ten times and I still can''t make my mind up as to if it was the correct call or not.