Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

Normal Service Appears To Have Been Resumed

I must confess to being slightly fearful following Lamberts departure, after all we have been spoilt with the football we have seen over the last three years. It is a worry when you get a new manager, will there be a smooth transition or will it all end in tears?

Last week was a bit of a disaster, but today my faith was restored. We played well and deserved the three points, the normal attacking flair was there that we have been used to seeing. The new signings looked good and on this showing, with possibly more coming in, hopefully things will get better still.

After the positive showing today, we will have nothing to worry about this season.

My thoughts exactly Waz. Aside from not making a change earlier (understandable after last weeks results that both managers would settle for a point) I wouldn''t have known that Hughton was in the touchline instead of Lambert.

Well Fulham away is always a nightmare for us, I hate it when that fixture comes up and they played well against Man United today, so their form is quite good atm.I am glad we played well, I had a feeling we would (like it couldnt have gotten any worse) hopefully we can build on this performance and get even better, we just need to take our chances.

"the normal attacking flair was there that we have been used to seeing"

That is what pleased most I would suggest.

Talking to a few others in the pub before the game the consensus seemed to be one of more frustration than despair or even worry. We are better than what happened at Fulham and if there was any cause for concern was that maybe Chris Hughton is going to try and fit too many square pegs in round holes, play defensive, only play one up front etc ... pretty much all the things that ''weren''t us''.

But all that was blown away today ............we came good today, in so many ways

All doom and gloom on here for weeks until today[st]

But.....

What a difference a day made
Twenty-four little hours
Brought the sun and the flowers
Where there used to be rain [H]

Even Rickyyyyyyyyy''s glass has been topped up[B]

But was it Peroni[:^)]

Just as well folks didnt make massive over reactions and calls for the managers head.

Oh.....

[quote user="City1st"]

"the normal attacking flair was there that we have been used to seeing"

That is what pleased most I would suggest.

Talking to a few others in the pub before the game the consensus seemed to be one of more frustration than despair or even worry. We are better than what happened at Fulham and if there was any cause for concern was that maybe Chris Hughton is going to try and fit too many square pegs in round holes, play defensive, only play one up front etc ... pretty much all the things that ''weren''t us''.

But all that was blown away today ............we came good today, in so many ways

[/quote]

Agreed! And now it''s possible that the changes in the summer could actually improve us.....

Who saw that coming[8-|]

[quote user="First Wazzock"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Even Rickyyyyyyyyy''s glass has been topped up[B]

But was it Peroni[:^)]

[/quote]

Perhaps Snowy peed in it [+o(]

[/quote]

Peroni....

Cat''s p*ss[+o(]

Where''s the Taddymeister[:^)]

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]My thoughts exactly Waz. Aside from not making a change earlier (understandable after last weeks results that both managers would settle for a point) I wouldn''t have known that Hughton was in the touchline instead of Lambert.[/quote]
The defence was too organised for a Lambert team [;)]

[quote user="Gareth"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]My thoughts exactly Waz. Aside from not making a change earlier (understandable after last weeks results that both managers would settle for a point) I wouldn''t have known that Hughton was in the touchline instead of Lambert.[/quote]

[/quote]

Good point, but we still looked a big threat going forwards.

"But was it PeroniHuh? [:^)]

Perhaps Snowy peed in it "

I doubt you would be able to tell the difference

[quote user="First Wazzock"][quote user="Gareth"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]My thoughts exactly Waz. Aside from not making a change earlier (understandable after last weeks results that both managers would settle for a point) I wouldn''t have known that Hughton was in the touchline instead of Lambert.[/quote]

[/quote]

Good point, but we still looked a big threat going forwards.

[/quote]
Indeed, good to watch at times, I''d argue we actually kept the ball better than most Premier League games under Lambert.

Much better today, albeit against one of the poorer Premiership teams!

One must remember a League season is a marathon not a sprint and also that we had two players making their debuts so the team is definatelty a work in progress!

I disagree,we different to a Lambert side. Hughton has stamped a different Mark on the team and I feel we are not the same force going forward as last season..yet.

We did look solid at the back, much better than last week and that was encouraging.

However Wazzok, I didn''t see the match through the Rose coloured lenses you seem to have been wearing.

I am encouraged by today''s game and felt the new lads did a good job. Feel a new striker is essential before deadline day.

I didn''t react too strongly last week, despite the woeful performance and result, and I won''t let me fears be fully allayed just yet either.

I''ll give it a few more weeks until we get an impression of which of these performances was the one off. I expect (and certainly hope) that the Fulham game was the one off and we''ll continue the same way as we played today.

Certainly a lot more reason to be positive now than the same time last Saturday night.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Never you mind about the Taddymeister i have just received a very disturbing report that Mrs.Nutty is currently in 6inner country this afternoon.[:^)]

"a work in progress"

work by it''s definition is ''in progress'', otherwise it is not work

[quote user="City1st"]

"a work in progress"

work by it''s definition is ''in progress'', otherwise it is not work

[/quote]

That is just not true. A work (using the word, as kingsway did, as a noun) can be in progress or finished. Go to a museum and you can see hundreds of finished works. Buildings, once completed, are finished works.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Never you mind about the Taddymeister i have just received a very disturbing report that Mrs.Nutty is currently in 6inner country this afternoon.[:^)]

[/quote]

She is. And Jellytot is with her. Now if you want to take this up with Jellytot.....

Then be my guest...

But before you do I suggest you call for reinforcements[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

She is. And Jellytot is with her. Now if you want to take this up with Jellytot.....

Then be my guest...

[/quote]

Mrs.Nutty and Jellytot in 6innerland together so what did you do for a Sunday roast ? Blimey i bet you asked them to bring you back a CD and tee shirt.I know why they are there and to be honest the reason is nearly as embarrassing as being in 1p5wich.[;)]

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

I must confess to being slightly fearful following Lamberts departure, after all we have been spoilt with the football we have seen over the last three years. It is a worry when you get a new manager, will there be a smooth transition or will it all end in tears?

Last week was a bit of a disaster, but today my faith was restored. We played well and deserved the three points, the normal attacking flair was there that we have been used to seeing. The new signings looked good and on this showing, with possibly more coming in, hopefully things will get better still.

After the positive showing today, we will have nothing to worry about this season.

[/quote]Here here [:)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Then be my guest...

[/quote]

Mrs.Nutty and Jellytot in 6innerland together so what did you do for a Sunday roast ? Blimey i bet you asked them to bring you back a CD and tee shirt.I know why they are there and to be honest the reason is nearly as embarrassing as being in 1p5wich.[;)]

[/quote]

Mrs nutty, Jellytot, Chloe and Eby don''t find it embarrassing and Jellytot saw them at FCR last year too. Have you ever seen a concert at FCR[:^)]

Sunday roast for the rest of the family was delivered by Papajohns[pi]