Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

1st win

Before we all reach full on panic mode a little reminder that last year we didn''t win till are 5th game (Ok Newcastle away doesn''t seem likely to repeat that) but we also had one less point, scored the same number of goals and had just lost a fairly unconvincing home game to West Brom.

I''m not saying that we are now definitely going to kick on like last year and beat Newcastle and then Liverpool at home, but I don''t think the indicators for our season are much different than when we all sat here post West Brom last year. The finishing needs to be better, we are still creating the chances.

newcastle, liverpool, chelsea, arsenal and then villa away3 points if lucky

hughton out by December if November goes badly

Don''t get me wrong technika, think your pretty much spot on with your prediction of the next few games. Its much tougher than the next few we had this time last year with only Man U and Liverpool in there from the bigger teams. I just wanted to make the point that are performance so far has been pretty akin to last year.

Hughton as arguably got a much tougher job than Lambert had though to get more points and a win on the board over the same period. Even if we do ok in those fixtures Stoke at home is looking like a must win, otherwise we will seriously be left behind, although the run up to Xmas in Dec is much kinder. I think where we sit at Xmas will give us a much better indication of our season as the Southampton to West Brom games are all arguably winnable and ones to get points from.

Today we played badly and didn''t lose. Today we played badly and still had chances to win the game. Today we played badly and didn''t concede. Today is the day we came of age in this league.

"Today we played badly and didn''t lose. Today we played badly and still had chances to win the game. Today we played badly and didn''t concede. Today is the day we came of age in this league."

Do you know what, really good point, we put in a poor performance same time last year on Sky against a similarly poor West Brom side and lost.

[quote user="Monty13"]Don''t get me wrong technika, think your pretty much spot on with your prediction of the next few games. Its much tougher than the next few we had this time last year with only Man U and Liverpool in there from the bigger teams. I just wanted to make the point that are performance so far has been pretty akin to last year.

Hughton as arguably got a much tougher job than Lambert had though to get more points and a win on the board over the same period. Even if we do ok in those fixtures Stoke at home is looking like a must win, otherwise we will seriously be left behind, although the run up to Xmas in Dec is much kinder. I think where we sit at Xmas will give us a much better indication of our season as the Southampton to West Brom games are all arguably winnable and ones to get points from.[/quote]if we do struggle to pick up points over the next few then stoke and reading will be must winthe concern for me is sleeping on changing the manager if it is going

wrong, i dont believe he should be given money in January if its going

t1t5 up and if that the case then it has to be someone else in before or at the very start of

january to give them the time to change things. Said it before, the big

clubs dont play nicely and their fans wont put up with it and demand

the changes, so should norwich. Dont do what wolves did last seasonmy worries stem from the fact

we dont look like we can score goals (we scored plenty last season with

the same players), and its based on pre season not just these first few

games, im not the only person whos noticed it. It comes down to tactics, the signs so far suggest hughton is one

of the ''play it safe'' types and i dont think it suits this group of

players, id  prefer to drive the bus straight at them and lose 5-4 instead of parking it, the season we came up we only conceded something like one less than one of the relegated teams, i think that speaks volumes, the core/bulk of the squad is still very similari hope its not the case but it wont shock me to see city rooted bottom when december starts

[quote user="dpit"]Today we played badly and didn''t lose. Today we played badly and still had chances to win the game. Today we played badly and didn''t concede. Today is the day we came of age in this league.[/quote]You really are a breath of fresh air dpit...................3 points will come against Liverpool I feel.

Seen people saying no chance of three points next week, but why?

Newcastle play monday, thursday, and then us on sunday. surely the tiredness of some of their players + if we can perform like we did against spurs, it''s the perfect formula for a win?

Obviously everyone is frustrated we haven''t turned one of these draws into a win, but hopefully we will put that right soon enough.

As a note to this; Liverpool, Spurs, Sunderland, QPR, Reading and Saints are all yet to record a win too. I''m hoping spurs will get one at reading tomorrow as at this stage they and saints seem like possible strugglers, but thats still a good 6/7 teams including us.

[quote user="ricardo"]A win will come where probably least expected.[/quote]Yes, I''d forgotten about our intergalactic cup match against Dynamo Jupiter.

Was feeling quite down after the West Ham game, but I think we can get points from Newcastle and Liverpool as it''s probably the best time to play them (I hope)

There are also few teams who got really lucky in few first rounds ^^ WBA and Wigan didnt look that good this weekend and Aston Villa got 3 lucky points against Swansea. Watch replay of their goals...

At some point luck tends to "even" and we get few lucky wins. It could be against Newcastle or Liverpool or mayby we have to wait Aston Villa game.

At the moment it feels bad that we didnt get 9 points out of 3 previous game intead of 3, but we are playing quite good football. This is game of very small margins and we will have long season, but where would be all the fun, if we just had easy middle table season.

I''m quite sure we finish 15th or 14th

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]So when will we finally win?[/quote]

Newcastle are not in form. They play Monday and then away in Europe on Thursday. We earned a point at Spurs so i do not think impossible in the circumstances to win at Newcastle.

H