Sign in to follow this  
Insidersknowledge

Ayala leaves NCFC to go on loan to Forest.

I don''t agree with this decision. Dani Ayala was great last season when he was fit. I thought he would slot in nicely beside Bennett and we would have Turner as our backup, but Hughton see''s things differently and that''s absolutely fine but letting Ayala leave is a mistake, in my opinion.

When he played last season you could clearly see why our previous manager rated him. Lambert said he was only going to make 7 signings last summer, but he made Ayala his 8th signing because he was such a tidy, classy centre back and we got him for less than a million. Bargain. Disappointed by this.

And realistically, how many games will Dani play if he stays?  Going in with both Bennett and Dani seems un likely as two inexperienced centre backs would be risky.   Both are learning their trade in the Premiership.   So, Bennett and Ayala will be competing for one place at most.  If Hughton prefers Ward and Turner then they are competing for a place on the bench.

I find it hard to see Dani getting more than 10 games.  So, from his point of view and from ours, it seems to me that he is better playing some 30+ games for Forest and gaining experience than playing in our reserves.

We are a big club now and Ayala is our Naughton.  A good player who will be underused and so would bewnefit from being a first choice elsewhere.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]I don''t agree with this decision. Dani Ayala was great last season when he was fit. I thought he would slot in nicely beside Bennett and we would have Turner as our backup, but Hughton see''s things differently and that''s absolutely fine but letting Ayala leave is a mistake, in my opinion. When he played last season you could clearly see why our previous manager rated him. Lambert said he was only going to make 7 signings last summer, but he made Ayala his 8th signing because he was such a tidy, classy centre back and we got him for less than a million. Bargain. Disappointed by this.[/quote]

He did ok last season but to say he was "great" is getting a bit carried away.

The guy is classy on the ball but he''s not great at winning it.

Obviously all of our defenders will have their shortcomings but I would suggest Ward, Bennett, Barnett and Turner are all much stronger defensively and are far more likely to make the big wins.

I agree that he looked good on the ball, but could do with more match experience to work on reading the game etc.  And stop giving away fouls/penalties with rather wild lunges.

A defender with great potential, it makes sense to me to loan him out to a lower-league club, hopefully he''d come back a much better player after a season of more regular football.

Be interesting to see if this one eventually goes through.

The trouble I have is that both Turner and Ward are cloggers, they don''t pass the ball out, I can see a different style with the long ball to Morison/Holt and the midfield feeding from these two! That would worry me as there is slim chance of keeping a clean sheet!

With Ayala he likes the ball at his feet, passing through the midfield and keeping the ball, less chance of the oposition scoring without the ball.

I will wait and see but to be honest a back four of Whittiker RB, Ward and Turner CB and Tierney LB worries me, lack of pace and culture on the ball!

I hope that young Bennett comes through and is as good as his potential this season, but I was rather hoping for an Ayala, Bennett, Naughton, Martin combination at the start of this year!

I would consider a short term loan only, with a recall just to sharpen Ayala, but not a season long loan, not with his potential!

We do lack pace at the back and Ward has lots to prove this year! was maybe our worst CB last season?

[quote user="Indy"]

The trouble I have is that both Turner and Ward are cloggers, they don''t pass the ball out,

[/quote]

Have you ever seen Elliott Ward play?!?

Passing the ball is what the guy does. And he can pass it with either foot.

Deary me.

He hasn''t gone yet anyway so I don''t know how some of you are confirming this.

We may see him tonight at Hull.

Sean O''Driscoll was quoted as saying yesterday "Dani is one we have talked to....although 2 clubs can agree things, a player has to want to come and play for you, too."

So from that it looks to me that Ayala might not be too keen on going out on loan!

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="Indy"]

The trouble I have is that both Turner and Ward are cloggers, they don''t pass the ball out,

[/quote]

Have you ever seen Elliott Ward play?!?

Passing the ball is what the guy does. And he can pass it with either foot.

Deary me.

[/quote]

I agree with GJP. Ward has some faults but distribution isn''t one of them. It''s one of his strengths like reacting to danger and making blocks in the box. His weakness for me is tackling and I prefer it when he doesn''t go diving in. Being able to defend without tackling is a huge strength in the premier league.

I''d have to agree here too, Ward''s distribution is good and I''ve often thought he''s done well to read the game and pick out some good blocks. If you jump in off your feet, the chances are that even if you get the ball and not the player, you won''t walk away with it as your on the floor. It''s all about being able to read, intercept, stay on your feet and block them from getting into a scoring chance, not diving in. I would personally like to keep Ayala here this year, but it would be good to give him a bit more experience in this department to help hone that potential of his rather than risk it in the Premier League where any minor mistake will be proven costly.

I can see why he''s left. Ayala has some great potential but needs to develop to become a Premier League defender. Ayala has great distribution and (for a CB) is fast. However his positioning can be suspect, he''s not always disciplined and often gets drawn into challenges leaving huge space behind him and his tackling borders from average to very poor. I like Ayala and think he could be really good defender for Norwich byt he needs time to develop into that quality defender, time we can''t afford to give him, hence the loan.

Its a great move for him, I wish him all the best for an injury free season, I hope he comes back to us having really been a success at Forest! Good Luck!