Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Green Army

Pierre Emerick Aubameyang

Latest sky sports rumour says that Gabon striker is likely to sign within the week along with Rhodes and Davies.

Never heard of him before but supposedly plays for St Etienne.

What do people think?

Aubameyang is an excellent striker and the star of the African Cup of Nations. Would be an amazing signing for Norwich - however he only recently sign for St Etienne in France so doubt it is true. Do you have a link to the rumour?

Its not a Sky Sports Rumour, but rather random rumours that people have, more than likely, made up and posted on the "Your Transfer Rumours" on the sky sports website.

http://www1.skysports.com/transfer-centre/your-rumours

No more reliable than football-rumours.com, and in most cases probably the same people posting them.

Saying that id be happy with any of them, but certainly cannot see us signing both strikers, would be pushing 12-13 mil for the 3 of those.

Blimey, three more new faces would sure as hell make me happy! Hell, one or two of them actually... fingers crossed! Would all be decent signings in themselves.

Would be a great signing..but I do NOT BELIEVE a word of it...just some frustrated a#''"§(le who found a name on internet imo.

If we''re going to go for our ideal up-coming African striker, I''d prefer Emmanuel Mayuka, who was another star at CAN this year.

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]If we''re going to go for our ideal up-coming African striker, I''d prefer Emmanuel Mayuka, who was another star at CAN this year.[/quote]I agree, would definately prefer Mayuka. Plus, he plays for Young Boys in Switzerland so would probably be cheaper than Aubameyang.

[quote user="safri_free_kick"][quote user="Legend Iwan"]If we''re going to go for our ideal up-coming African striker, I''d prefer Emmanuel Mayuka, who was another star at CAN this year.[/quote]I agree, would definately prefer Mayuka. Plus, he plays for Young Boys in Switzerland so would probably be cheaper than Aubameyang. [/quote]

Plus he would fit better into a song, and cheaper on the shirt sales

[quote user="nu_matik"]What happened to Hughtons ''''No Forwards coming in" comments boys?[/quote]
Nothing, he never said that.
The quote reads:

"We''ve got a lot of forwards, a lot of strikers, but possibly there are areas where if had one or two injuries, then we''d be struggling a little bit," he added.

"It''s an ongoing process and if we''re able to strengthen, great, but if not, we''ve got a group of lads here that have fared very well at this club."

Sounds like he is actively looking for a striker to me.

So you dont see it as " we''ve got lots of strikers and and forwards, but there are OTHER areas we need to strengthen"?

Cause thats how it looks to me... he''s shipping out midfielders (pretty much our only defensive ones like Crofts), and shipping out Defenders...

Dont get me wrong, I think we will struggle massively if we dont bring in any strikers.

Ah! Aubameyang. This is a player that I have been following for quite sometime now.

Well, safe to say this guy is a talent and potential future superstar. A very intelligent footballer, he has the ability to confuse and confound the opposition with originality and flair, whilst also providing vision, hard-work and truck loads of pace.

I''d love for him to come to Norwich and he would easily be the biggest purchase in NCFCs history. However, I just can''t imagine it happening. Sadly, St Etienne are in no need to start selling and have great ambitions for the coming season.

The suggestion of Emmanuel Mayuka is intriguing. Another player I have been following for some time. Similar to Aubameyang in many ways: very intelligent footballer who confuses opposition, as well as incredibly skillful, incredibly fast and very hard-working. They differ only in that he is physically smaller and completely two-footed.

Like Aubameyang, Mayuka was one of the stars of the last ACN. He won the golden boot, as well as the tournament with an extraordinary Zambia side who I am certain will turn a few heads should they get to the next World Cup.

This Zambia side showed more originality, flair and energy in 5 minutes of their play than Stoke have in their entire club history and Mayuka was an integral and irreplaceable part of that.

All-in-all, I''d say that he is the bigger talent and could easily adjust to the Premier league.

One possible alternative: Davy Claude Angan of Molde. Prolific, talented, pacy, tall and powerful.

"So you dont see it as " we''ve got lots of strikers and and forwards, but there are OTHER areas we need to strengthen"?"

eh ?

I think everybody sees it as Hughton said it - or perhaps I should see your words as we are goin to sell all of our best players

I can never fathom why some folk have this bizarre idea that everybody speaks in riddles that have to be twisted to ascertain their true meaning

Good evening, here are tonights football results

Arsenal 2 Stoke 0 (aha that must mean he doesn''t want us to know taht it was actually a draw)

[quote user="Militant Canary"]

This Zambia side showed more originality, flair and energy in 5 minutes of their play than Stoke have in their entire club history and Mayuka was an integral and irreplaceable part of that. [/quote]Loved that, good one. [Y]

[quote user="E.L.F."][quote user="Militant Canary"]

This Zambia side showed more originality, flair and energy in 5 minutes of their play than Stoke have in their entire club history and Mayuka was an integral and irreplaceable part of that. [/quote]Loved that, good one. [Y][/quote]

Thanks. In fact, its probably an insult to the Zambia team. Really impressed with them.

Mayuka. Buy him up before somebody else gets wise.