Sign in to follow this  
shefcanary

Fulham Thread

Line-up as follows:

Ruddy, R. Martin, Turner, r bennett, tierney, Johnson, howson, Surman, Pilkington, snodgrass, Holt

subs: Rudd, Morison, Vaughan, Hoolahan, E. Bennett, Lappin, Barnett

No major surprise apart from Surman in for Bennett I guess.  Definitely one up with Snoddy poaching.  Anyone else not getting Radio Snorefolk on Canary Player?

Rather rude of me not to say hello to everyone before the new season.  Let''s hope that Hughton''s appointment means that second season syndrome is avoided.  Still think another couple of signings are imminent.  Today I''ll go for a narrow one goal victory.  Holt reported to have captain''s armband too.  Will hope to get a live stream to watch so may not be making too many contributions on here, especially if the Pink''Un''s new matchday coverage is more user friendly.

Let''s be ''aving you - OTBC.

Was hoping he wouldnt start with one upfront today but what do I know[:)] CH knows much better than me thanks goodness. 

Think E Bennett is a bit unlucky to find himself on the bench, he was one of our better players in both home friendlies whereas Pilkington had two quite poor games.

Other than that it''s what I expected.

Not one englishman in the Fulham starting line-up.  I know they are based in the most cosmopolitan of cities but says a lot about the modern game.  Hopefully our team of local boys will have more of a team focus and will use that to good effect.

I agree with that GJP re Bennett, was also much as I expected though was hoping we''d play 442.

Hmm, Pink''Un''s match coverage doesn''t seem to be doing much - stuck on the first posting.  And Canary Player radio commentary not working for me either.  If a video link doesn''t work could be relying on this thread and BBc text!  Anyone else having similar problems?

And No OTBC service from the Club site.  Has technology come to a grniding halt for NCFC today?  Wass gorn on bor?

I too am not a fan of one up front, not the best use of Holt in my humble opinion. Also surprised that Bennett (E) isnt starting, but I have trust in CH to bring home at least a point regardless, as that''s a decent eleven and a strong bench, Fulham not so shabby either.

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]I too am not a fan of one up front, not the best use of Holt in my humble opinion. Also surprised that Bennett (E) isnt starting, but I have trust in CH to bring home at least a point regardless, as that''s a decent eleven and a strong bench, Fulham not so shabby either.[/quote]

Hi Mark.

Me neither although I hear that it mat be more 4-3-3.

Bit underwhelmed by the line-up, Surman ahead of E Bennett? Bit surprised there. Either way, in Hughton we trust, not a fan of 1 up top but maybe they''ve got it ticking in training since the friendlies. 6 minutes to go!

The usual city kick off to get the throw deep in opposition half!!

All my stream links have frozen - has anyone else had the same problem? 

Have got commentary via Canary Player though and seems a solid start so far!

wiziwig is workingTurner done great there to deny duff - top defending!!

Well happy with the team! Can''t start all your best players otherwise you haven''t got anyone to come on to change the game!

Fulham getting in to it more now - had 2 or 3 decent chances - we need to tighten up a bit.

3 long balls in about 5 mins and we didnt deal with any of them and got done on the 3rd! Holt is far to isolated we have no relief ball forward and we dont have the numbers forward so the ball is gonna come back everytime!

[quote user="London Canary"]Tierney! What an idiot! why raise your arm for offside and not follow the runner![/quote]

Also had his back to the winger so couldn''t see where he was, so how the hell could he call for offside !! 

[quote user="shefcanary"]

All my stream links have frozen - has anyone else had the same problem?  [/quote]

First Row is working ok.