Sign in to follow this  
Feel The Force

Villa fans not happy with Lambert

Seems Villa fans are not too happy with Lambert''s tactics. He''s trying to play Ticky-Tacky football and they much prefer Biggy-Booty football – apparently like he played when he was here! So perhaps Lambert got bored of what he was doing here and wanted to go to a club with more technically gifted players – didn''t really choose the right club did he! Anyway it just shows even PL needs a bit of time to settle in and "get it right''. Let''s hope CH learns from Saturday and isn''t going to continue to stubbornly bash round pegs into square holes.

http://www.villatalk.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=73353&sid=2bc2c8ca60a30212790eb564783fe797

Firstly, I think it''s a minority of supporters who are grumbling.

Secondly, they won''t be moaning for long when he gets them properly up and running and they are knocking on the European and Wembley doors.

How interesting..........not.

Yaaaaaawn and before you say it i did not bother reading the post as a shrewd guess as to the subject matter was all that was needed,well maybe not so shrewd.[:(][:''(]

The Independent yesterday reported the Villa fans were singing "We''re passing the ball, We''re passing the ball; We''re Aston Villa, We''re passing the ball".

Nice irony. Suggests many Villa fans at the game preferred him to McLeish.

[quote user="Cambridgeyellow"]According to Robbie Savage he said they were a complete shambles and certanties for relegation. Apparently they did not even have a shot ?[/quote]
They had one.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Yaaaaaawn and before you say it i did not bother reading the post as a shrewd guess as to the subject matter was all that was needed,well maybe not so shrewd.[:(][:''(]

[/quote]

So why bother reading it let alone replying? I think it is interesting to discuss what PL is up to. He''ll be back here by January.

I think that it is interesting too, General Melchett but not that Lambert will be back by January!

Some Villa managers are sure that Lambert is a useless manager in the same way that some of ours have the same view over Hughton - the parallels are noticeable.

I liked the comment by one villa fan:

"f*** why did we appoint Lambert when we''ve got a msge board full of astute managers?"

[quote user=" Badger"] I liked the comment by one villa fan: "f*** why did we appoint Lambert when we''ve got a msge board full of astute managers?"[/quote]

You mean there is more than one Huckerbys Boots Matt,Smudger and Tom Cavendish ?[:''(]

[quote user="Cambridgeyellow"]According to Robbie Savage he said they were a complete shambles and certanties for relegation. Apparently they did not even have a shot ?[/quote]

Based on highlights it did look like they were lucky not to lose by 3 or 4..

[quote user=" Badger"]I think that it is interesting too, General Melchett but not that Lambert will be back by January!

Some Villa managers are sure that Lambert is a useless manager in the same way that some of ours have the same view over Hughton - the parallels are noticeable.

"f*** why did we appoint Lambert when we''ve got a msge board full of astute managers?"[/quote]

Thank you Badger. PL back in Jan was very much tongue in cheek or perhaps wishful thinking. Everything just worked when he was here and the fear is that the current squad won''t work without him. CH has a lot of work to do as does PL and luck will play a big part in both their fates. Lambert was very lucky with injuries here compared to previous managers. Let''s face it, if Bent gets injured who''s going to score their goals, ditto Grant Holt – how unthinkable is that! Perhaps I''m not giving CH his due but the nature of football is that it doesn''t matter what he''s done in the past, what matters is now. Just look at Torres now and at Liverpool. Let''s hope he gets it right, has some luck and there are 3 worse teams than us this season!

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]I''m struggling to understand why you would open a topic that you are not interested in. That in itself is bad enough, but then taking the time to reply only to state you are not interested in the subject matter and didn''t even read the topic.. That is really odd behaviour.

[quote user="AndyCanary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

I''m struggling to understand why you would open a topic that you are not interested in. That in itself is bad enough, but then taking the time to reply only to state you are not interested in the subject matter and didn''t even read the topic..

That is really odd behaviour.
[/quote]

Saw the thread title whilst looking at the front page,did not read the opening post but made a judgement on the content based on yet another mention of Villa and Lambert.If you find it odd well that is your decision AC.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user=" Badger"] I liked the comment by one villa fan: "f*** why did we appoint Lambert when we''ve got a msge board full of astute managers?"[/quote]

You mean there is more than one Huckerbys Boots Matt,Smudger and Tom Cavendish ?[:''(]

[/quote] I like the way you keep coming back to read it, after proclaiming not to have read it

[quote user="Grantham Canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote] I like the way you keep coming back to read it, after proclaiming not to have read it[/quote]

Yeah TIL 1010, stop reading it, you''re not interested and that probably means you''re not interesting either.

[quote user=" Badger"]

"f*** why did we appoint Lambert when we''ve got a msge board full of astute managers?"[/quote]

I  agree ,funny how there seem to be so many "managers " on here I guess they must be all waiting for the "call"

[quote user="walkern canary"][quote user=" Badger"]

I  agree ,funny how there seem to be so many "managers " on here I guess they must be all waiting for the "call" [/quote]

I blame championship manager...

Nobody is ''unhappy''

Some are just questioning why he''s had such a radical change of tactics from last season to this

No more, no less

"Nobody is ''unhappy''

Some are just questioning why he''s had such a radical change of tactics from last season to this"

Same boat as us then!

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="AndyCanary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

I''m struggling to understand why you would open a topic that you are not interested in. That in itself is bad enough, but then taking the time to reply only to state you are not interested in the subject matter and didn''t even read the topic..

That is really odd behaviour.
[/quote]

Saw the thread title whilst looking at the front page,did not read the opening post but made a judgement on the content based on yet another mention of Villa and Lambert.If you find it odd well that is your decision AC.

[/quote]

Well Andy Canary, he couldn''t pass any copper exams so he''s not the brightest. Thank goodness the government are planning to introduce intelligence tests as part of the enrollment screening for new police recruits.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

Well Andy Canary, he couldn''t pass any copper exams so he''s not the brightest. Thank goodness the government are planning to introduce intelligence tests as part of the enrollment screening for new police recruits.

[/quote]

There you go again Tangible talking out of your backside on todays crusade to follow me around the messageboard making stupid ill informed comments.Is this now three or four threads you have singled me out on for personal insults?

Now let me tell you this just the once you blustering buffoon...during my Police service i never sat any promotion exams so was not a case of "couldn''t pass any copper exams".

[quote user="AJ"]Nobody is ''unhappy''

Some are just questioning why he''s had such a radical change of tactics from last season to this

No more, no less[/quote]He used to do it quite often when he was here.  He impressed a lot of neutrals and commentators when he would drastically change tactics during the game, but he usually did so after trying something new and seeing it didn''t work.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[/quote]

There you go again Tangible talking out of your backside on todays crusade to follow me around the messageboard making stupid ill informed comments.Is this now three or four threads you have singled me out on for personal insults?

[/quote]

Well we are bound to "cross paths" on a message board and if you go around commenting on what people can and can''t post then you can expect a reply from me. Its time you realised that you are not the site moderator and people dont have to follow your dictats. Any comment I have made today doesn''t compare to the crusade that you and your associates have aimed at me and others.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well we are bound to "cross paths" on a message board and if you go around commenting on what people can and can''t post then you can expect a reply from me. Its time you realised that you are not the site moderator and people dont have to follow your dictats. Any comment I have made today doesn''t compare to the crusade that you and your associates have aimed at me and others.

[/quote]

I take it you have put your" I AM A VICTIM" hat on ? Pathetic and whatever is this continued drivel you post about posters being told by me what they can and cannot post.How about a few examples ?

Any reason why you edited my last post other than i picked you up on talking out of your backside about "copper exams"? I will take that as somewhat of an apology for posting a lie.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

I take it you have put your" I AM A VICTIM" hat on ? Pathetic and whatever is this continued drivel you post about posters being told by me what they can and cannot post.How about a few examples ?

[/quote]

This message board has numerous examples of you taking the pi$$ and / or given instructions as to  what people can post and your yawn earlier on this thread is one example.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Any reason why you edited my last post other than i picked you up on talking out of your backside about "copper exams"? I will take that as somewhat of an apology for posting a lie.

[/quote]

You can do what you like but it was not an apology as I wasn''t posting about my posterior hence no reference to that part of your quote. People were requesting some weeks back that full quotes are not made so I pick the relevant part of the quote that I am responding to.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

You can do what you like but it was my posterior hence no reference to that part of you.

[/quote]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

You can do what you like but it was not an apology as I wasn''t posting about my posterior hence no reference to that part of your quote. People were requesting some weeks back that full quotes are not made so I pick the relevant part of the quote that I am responding to.

[/quote]I think we can call this a '' copper bottomed '' thread......[;)]