Sign in to follow this  
Scottlarock

- Andy Carroll , loan speculation?

......to link up again with Chris Hughton and Liverpool paying a huge chunk of his wages. I heard this yesterday and have heard it again on the radio. Amazing if that happened. Surreal, in fact.

[quote user="tricky974"]Will never happen he is linked with ac milan[/quote]

Thanks for that insight. You may remember GH wanted to leave a few weeks back. If AC can''t settle in Liverpool then he isn''t going to settle in Milan, is he? Nor would he go back to Newcastle, or it''d be unlikely that Liverpool would want that to be the case or to any other top Prem team.

So that leaves the CH connection - a manager who got the best out of him.

Interesting stuff. For me it shows Rodgers shortcomings as a manager. Carroll doesn''t fit the system he wants to play so he''s out! No plan B at Swansea and here he appears to want to sacrifice the England centre forward rather than adapt and get the best out of the players at his disposal. He may find out that "Barcelona wasn''t built in a day"!

Apologies Scot for double post.

Even though it''s as likely as my beer gut dissappearing i would like to see Carroll coming here.Him,Holt and Morro in different combinations would be a great attacking line up.Slated him in the past,mainly due to his cost and his effectivness last season,but at a different club,with less pressure and his old coach it could work.

He would have to get rid of the pony-tail though!

I wouldn''t mind him on loan, using him as a game-changer (despite his dire season) for us. Oh and as you said if Liverpool "are paying a large chunk of the wages", he shouldn''t cost us a bomb.Carroll and Holt upfront... just seems wrong though.Oh and he''d have to cut his hair so it is like Morison''s. [H]

@nutty

It is an interesting link and I agree with you about Rodgers (who I think is a busted flush) - regardless of the price tag he is still a quality quality player who I think would have progressed England if he had been picked for all 4 games at the Euros.

I don''t think Carroll will go abroad or to a top 6/8 team.

So where would he go?

@Herman

I know it doesn''t seem likely - but at the same time. Where else would he go that Liverpool would allow and I don''t think he''d go abroad.

Would Rodgers like Ayala or Howson in exchange for the season as a sweetener?

It''s all interesting. If he was to go out on loan in the prem someone would get a good deal. But it''s very "short term" and if it results that your best player is a loan player then your club would be in big trouble after he is gone. It''s difficult to see us ever being in the position to sign him permanently as we did Hucks.

Surely you''re not serious about offering Howson?? He will be a major player this season. I would love the AC thing to happen, but just can''t see it i''m afraid.

[quote user="Proper Charlie"]Surely you''re not serious about offering Howson?? He will be a major player this season. I would love the AC thing to happen, but just can''t see it i''m afraid.[/quote]

I''m not serious about Howson.

The question I asked was ''Would Rodgers be interested in Howson?'' This thread is about Carroll speculation not whether I think Howson is good or not - he is good and I wouldn''t want to lose him. I think the majority of Canaries (rightly or wrongly) would have Carroll over Howson.

A £35 million pound 100k a week England international player linked with one of the best teams in the world coming to Norwich on loan?? *hand over eyes*

[quote user="Scottlarock"]@Herman I know it doesn''t seem likely - but at the same time. Where else would he go that Liverpool would allow and I don''t think he''d go abroad. Would Rodgers like Ayala or Howson in exchange for the season as a sweetener?[/quote]

If Liverpool had any sense it would have to be a European team.But maybe they still see us as lil ''ol Norwich who aren''t a threat[^o)]

He can have Ayala as a sweetener.No way to Howson!

Purely hypothetical of course,but fun to speculate.

The suggestion that he would come to Norwich City IF loaned out by the Scousers is just beyond belief and i cannot understand how one or two posters find it plausable.

@Lets be aving you

OK, and so am I. There are a lot of fans with a lot of opinions, look at the revived threads for that.

Thing is mate....we HOPE Howson is as good as he showed last part of the season and we HOPE he progresses. Theres as much chance he will as there is he won''t. We don''t know.

@Til

OK - thanks for that

If he''s loaned out, I doubt it''ll be to a Premier League rival!

I thought I heard the news say this morning that he could be going on loan abroad for the season, I obviously misheard and they said he could be going on loan to the broads for the season.

Complete non starter in my opinion. I don''t doubt his quality but do we need another big man when we already have Holt and Moro? If JV does go on loan to Brum then we''ll need to bring in a bit of pace up front instead.

@Scottlarock

I am aware of what the thread is about as I managed to read the title all by myself like a big boy. I am with "lets be avin you" on this one and def in the minority as to preferring AC over JH, but both together would be rather appealing.

[quote user="AJ"]If he''s loaned out, I doubt it''ll be to a Premier League rival![/quote]

I don''t think Liverpool see us as rivals, we don''t see them as rivals either - yes, we are in the same league. To repeat myself once more - I don''t think he''ll go to Europe especially as he can''t settle in Liverpool, I don''t think he''ll go back to Newcastle (too distracting)and he won''t go to a top 8 team in the Prem................. or do you think he''ll go to a Champ club?

[quote user="Proper Charlie"]

@Scottlarock

I am aware of what the thread is about as I managed to read the title all by myself like a big boy. I am with "lets be avin you" on this one and def in the minority as to preferring AC over JH, but both together would be rather appealing.

[/quote]

Really? you didn''t give me that impression, purely as you suggested that it was MY suggestion to swap Carroll for Howson (with loads of exclamation marks). I asked the question do you think BRENDAN RODGERS would like Howson?

However, I''m sorry if you felt I was patronising you in the first reply, regards.

No thanks, no men with ponytails allowed to Norwich, that rule applies to even a star like Carroll.But if he cut off his ponytail he would be welcome with open arms.Seriously though he won''t be leaving Liverpool on loan Rodgers only really said he won''t rule it out and would consider the possibility.He would lose the Kop straightaway if he let Carroll go out on loan.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Interesting stuff. For me it shows Rodgers shortcomings as a manager. Carroll doesn''t fit the system he wants to play so he''s out! No plan B at Swansea and here he appears to want to sacrifice the England centre forward rather than adapt and get the best out of the players at his disposal. He may find out that "Barcelona wasn''t built in a day"!

[/quote]

And Just because Liverpool got taken for a ride don''t mean we have to jump on the bus behind them, does it

@Scottlarock.

They were question marks, so I was not aiming anything at you I was asking you if were serious in the point you had made regarding Howson. However things can get taken out of context on here,it''s no problem from my perspective, we''re all grown men and entitled to different opinions.

All the best.

PC

Ok, so Liverlose pay his wages but want him out on loan to get him up to full match fitness.  Look around the EPL to see which clubs best suit AC''s and Liverlose''s current aims.  Liverlose want to get back into Europe, so that rules out Manure and ManCini, Arsenal, Chelski, Spuds & probably Newcastle.  Then you want to send him to a club that can the best out of AC''s attributes who probably won''t be seen as a likely contender for Europe. 

So which club just happened to score more headed goals (AC''s biggest strength) than any other in the EPL last season.  Ring any bells?  Couple that with the last manager who really got AC playing (again ring any bells?) and the fact the guy cannot settle in a metropolitan city and it''s not really that fantastical to see the possibility of a move to Norwich happening. 

And this rumour wasn''t started by or commented on by BW or Wiz yet, so that ups the potential likelihood for starters!