Sign in to follow this  
BurnleyBob

Chris McCann

[quote user="Lets be aving you"]

"We were linked to him by the Daily Mail I believe."

That''s right, a very brief mention in an article about Whittaker.

If this comes off, sounds like one or two midfielders are on their way out.

[/quote]Its a bit strange really I was expecting Hughton to wan to sign a winger or two as we are quite limited in that area if you want to play 4-4-2 or even 4-2-3-1. However unless McCann or Butterfield can play out wide I would expect us to be sticking with the diamond. I would not be surprised to see Crofts leave- he looked a bit out of his depth at this level unfortunately.

Transfer Quantum ‏@TransferQuantum

Norwich City are looking to sign 24-year old Burnley midfielder Chris McCann for an estimated fee of £2.5million. ‪#NCFC‬ ‪#BFC‬

Transfer Quantum is a very reliable source, and they also say that both Bolton and us have had loan offers for Jack Robinson accepted by Liverpool. I guess it''s up to Robinson to choose us or Bolton.

I really hope Hughton hasn''t watched the Euros, Barcelona and Swansea vs Arsenal and decided the future of football is too many midfielders. If I had one criticism of Lambert it was that he only seemed to know how to sign midfielders for a year and a bit.I am still hoping that Hughton might be the first NCFC manager in my memory to have a knack for signing quality up front. (Actually I guess Roeder may have the best record there on percentages... shame they were all bloody loans!)

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"]I really hope Hughton hasn''t watched the Euros, Barcelona and Swansea vs Arsenal and decided the future of football is too many midfielders. If I had one criticism of Lambert it was that he only seemed to know how to sign midfielders for a year and a bit.
I am still hoping that Hughton might be the first NCFC manager in my memory to have a knack for signing quality up front. (Actually I guess Roeder may have the best record there on percentages... shame they were all bloody loans!)
[/quote]

Bryan Gunn had a good record[:$]

I''m afraid the Roeder quality forward loan signings passed me by.

[quote user="PKC"]I''m afraid the Roeder quality forward loan signings passed me by.[/quote]Sibierski was good [8-)]

[quote user="PKC"]I''m afraid the Roeder quality forward loan signings passed me by.[/quote]I''m thinking Ched Evans, Wes and Lita were the best with Lupoli looking good if the tool in charge had picked him.By no means were they all good- Koroma- but just saying that others have struggled to even have that good a record in recent times.Gunn got Holt but also Maric and Killen!

I''m still struggling to work out how we went from Huckerby, Earnshaw, Ashton to Killen, Cureton, etc in such a shot period of time. Grant and Roeder were miracle workers.

[quote user="CDMullins"]Was told yesterday that the hold up in this is that Chris Martin does not want to go to Burnley.
[/quote]

Well just ask Jackson if he fancies it.Simples.[;)]

Burnley Express football writer has just said that Norwich City''s interest in McCann has failed to turn into a concrete offer...

Article on the Vital Burnley site about Chris Martin wanting to stay at City and fight for his place , shame thought we would finally offload him this summer , million miles away from Premiership standard.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Burnley Express football writer has just said that Norwich City''s interest in McCann has failed to turn into a concrete offer...[/quote]

If thats the case then I am not too gutted. Sounds like a decent enough player and would have been a reasonable addition to the squad but we already have a few similar type midfielders. I really don;t think we need any more central midfielders unless they are of the strong, defensive midfielder type and by all accounts that is not McCann''s natural role.

Thats a shame, we need him to have a fresh start elsewhere really...