Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Anita anyone?

Would definitely take him but we would need to splash some cash to get him

Newcastle had a £5m bid rejected already and Ajax want £8m but possibly £6-7m could get him

It would be alot but it is player that would fill alot of cracks in the squad

The only thing we would have going for us is first team appeal. but Villa have that too.

it would use a great deal of our budget up, but we need defensive players... but maybe another forward too. so this may not be the best route to go.

Seems to me we need to be adding a couple of 6m type men each year over the next few years; the Dean Ashton type.

You know, young but established ''improvers'' who will increase in value - even if they do eventually move on for 10-12m after a couple of seasons.

OTBC

Very good player, I''ve seen him play... but we can never outbid Newcastle! And the geordies already have a Dutchman playing for them, which is in theit advantage too... Don''t count on it

I really think that this link and our supposed interests comes back to comments his agent made in the media a few weeks ago about Lambert having enquired about him when he was still at Norwich. That was before the alledged Newcastle bid of £5m was rejected and obviously before Lambert left. I therefore don''s see anything in this. even if we were interested is Newcastle and Villa are also in for him we can;t compete wages wise.

He''s touted as a defensive midfielder as well as a left back.  Anyone think he could really be the person to fill the elusive defensive midfield role?  I''m afraid unlike others I have no idea as to what he can contribute, but think a deal around £6m could be done.  I''d be happy to pay £6m for a good defensive midfielder, not so sure about a left back (Naughton included!).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJzL0HV8CDcJust had a look at this video of him. Ive heard of him before, but havent seen him play much. He seems a real attacking threat for a player who adopts a defensive midefield or left back roll. His electric pace seems a beckoning attribute to CH and Alan Pardew. Wonder if we''ll be tempted to spend big with the estimated fee around £8M. Obviously it would instantly give us cover in the position with Tierney. Football today seems to be alot about pace and flair, I wonder if he''ll do a job in the premier league.

As I said in the other thread about him...I''ve seen him play and he''s a class player...but we''ll never outbid Newcastle and we won''t be able to offer him the wages they could...no go imo

Apologies, as soon as I posted I saw the other thread. Its good to be linked with such prestigious players though, with him being younger; maybe wages wont be an issue till a few years when he has fully broken into the dutch national side. But £8M for us does seem a unrealistic amount. Will be interesting to see CH opinions on Anita if asked about him. He openly admitted his interest in Davies...

With the article and video of the Pinkun fron page maybe there is more to this story than many originally dared to hope......

He was decent enough when he came on for Spain.. but devoted my username and whole self to him? Not sure I''d do that.

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]As I said in the other thread about him...I''ve seen him play and he''s a class player...but we''ll never outbid Newcastle and we won''t be able to offer him the wages they could...no go imo[/quote]

This ^^^^^^

Like others, I think this is a very long shot possibility. If CH sees City playing 4-2-3-1 or similar, another striker might be a bit of a luxury (given that you have to take one off to put another on). A LB/DMF who can score and make goals could bring another dimension to the side. If not Anita, is there another one out there?

[quote user="Hog"]With the article and video of the Pinkun fron page maybe there is more to this story than many originally dared to hope......[/quote]

The thing is Hog, Archant get their ''stories'' from this message board. Bly mentioned the player as someone to look at and next thing you know Archant are saying it''s someone we are linked with. Where is the evidence of this?

I think that over the next few weeks, we should have a competition to see who can get the most ridiculous rumour made into a home page story! BW has been trying for ages with no luck it seems...

[quote user="Splendid Rush"][quote user="Hog"]With the article and video of the Pinkun fron page maybe there is more to this story than many originally dared to hope......[/quote] The thing is Hog, Archant get their ''stories'' from this message board. Bly mentioned the player as someone to look at and next thing you know Archant are saying it''s someone we are linked with. Where is the evidence of this? I think that over the next few weeks, we should have a competition to see who can get the most ridiculous rumour made into a home page story! BW has been trying for ages with no luck it seems...[/quote]

Click the link in the OP.

Then have a little scrimmage. [;)]

OTBC

Whoopsieeee.

Well that''s embarrassing. Still, the sentiment stands. They do get stories off this board. Just maybe not this one! (Although I''m sure you alerted them to it Bly!)