Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Tierney fit and raring to go

Interview just gone up on CW - I''m not subscribing atm, so can''t watch, but the headline is "Tierney - ''Im 100% fit and raring to go'' "

Talked about the new players having to do karaoke at dinner later in the week.  Oh and training is hard, Hughton has taken over just where Lambert left off, the new guys are joining in the crack.  And the really important stuff, his problem was that they struggled to find out what his real injury was, but once it was identified it was fixed quickly.  He is indeed looking forward to the new season and reclaiming his place. 

Strange that, about not finding out what was troubling him for so long, especially given the technology at their disposal nowadays.

[quote user="shefcanary"]

Talked about the new players having to do karaoke at dinner later in the week.  Oh and training is hard, Hughton has taken over just where Lambert left off, the new guys are joining in the crack.  And the really important stuff, his problem was that they struggled to find out what his real injury was, but once it was identified it was fixed quickly.  He is indeed looking forward to the new season and reclaiming his place. 

Strange that, about not finding out what was troubling him for so long, especially given the technology at their disposal nowadays.

[/quote]

***tin hat on***** or could it just be that his "disciplinary ban" simply expired???

[quote user="Wiz"]Excellent stuff from one of my favourites, a big player for us imo.[/quote]
Agreed (for once lol).
Thanks ShefCanary for filling in the blanks.

Would probably have been in the top 3 for POTS if he stayed fit!

It does make you wonder how the problem was solved as soon as Lambert left.

He was a very important player before he got injured and even more so now that Drury has departed.

Good to see Ayala back in full training as well. Ayala and Bennett has the potential if they can fulfill it, big season for both of them.

Ayala and Bennett have great potential and I hope we can build a partnership at centre back that can stick for a while.Tierney is player I highly rate, the only thing was last season he did get off his feet a little early and hence faster players did have a lot of room on our left side of defence. But we are playing against some of the best players in the world. I think Tierney can prove what a great full back he is.

[quote user="smooth"]Ayala and Bennett have great potential and I hope we can build a partnership at centre back that can stick for a while.

Tierney is player I highly rate, the only thing was last season he did get off his feet a little early and hence faster players did have a lot of room on our left side of defence. But we are playing against some of the best players in the world. I think Tierney can prove what a great full back he is.
[/quote]

I watched all the training diary and everyone looked fit and sharp the whole team looked together and full of encouriging stuff, even Butterworth not fully fit but looking sharp, Chris Martin also looked very good too, To be honest,I can''t see much money being spent in the summer, C H  showing what a good coach he is moving about as quick as some of the players and his comments too make you believe he has been with us for ever.

This interview on CW is all my fault! John Lally asked on Twitter yesterday who the fans wanted to hear from and I replied, Marc Tierney!

I really thought that Marc had a great start to last season and, despite some early weaknesses, was really growing into life in the Premiership. Really looking forward to having him back in the side this season.

Also looking forward to Ayala and Bennett CB pairing in action. Both young and hungry players with huge potential. Has the making of a "Bruce / Watson" partnership to me.

Great news. Looking back on the season, other than two or three below performances before he went missing, Tierney was one of the biggest surprises in terms of cutting it in The Premier League, quality. 

I hear on the grapevine that there is still a problem with Tierney.I know nothing of what it''s about other than "it''s a problem". Hopefully it will be resolved internally.Don''t shoot the messenger. Ricardo doesn''t deal in tittle tattle, this is from a reliable source.

Oh Ricardo you tease us.  Everything seemed okay from the offy video, how hidden is this "problem".  You seem to hint it is not physical, so can only assume a relationship issue of some kind. Will it get in the way of his performance on the pitch?