Sign in to follow this  
Stig

Hello all!

Hey everyone, I''ve been lurking on this site for a while. I''ve always been a bit uncertain about whether I want to post, but after today I think I must.

I''m gonna kick it off with this frank question:

What the holy hell is wrong with most of you?

There''s so much *hate* for our beloved club here. Yet, it''s a Norwich/local club discussion board. What did Norwich do wrong? Because I can''t think of anything that springs to mind in the last three years. You all just seem personally affronted by day to day activity within the club.

It''s actually startling, I don''t know how much of a percentage this site represents fans but I hope it''s not a majority. You should love the club you''ve chosen to support, not get angry about signings!

I know I''m new here, and will probably get shot down but I just thought I''d try and come in here and cool you all off. We''re all fans of the same club/residents of the same county - shouldn''t we all get along? My god this animosity used to be aimed at Ipswich, maybe that''s what it is. We haven''t vented on them in over a year.

Well, hey anyway...

I think your generalising a little.

This forum won''t even represent 5% of Norwiich fans, and only a select few really moan about anything.

I also think its very easy to mistake worrying for moaning. People worry, personally I have never really worried about football, even though I love it. But some people do, they worry things won''t work out so have to try and figure out what''s wrong,wether that means moaning about the team/players, board or fans...

Unfortunately we do have our share of angry suffolk farmhands who post under City type names

it''s not too hrad to spot them and there are ways of flushing them out - though flushing them away might be a better thought given what they represent

If you have been lurking then you will know who is a City fan and who is just upset that their grubbly little club has been flushed away, so enjoy your time on here and don''t let the ''whingers and whiners'' get to you

Welcome to the pinkun.

I myself was like you, lurked a lot, but only recently started posting more frequently. I was put off by some of the total shite being spouted to start with.

I actually agree with you. There are a lot of moaners on here. But some interesting discussion does go on! You just have to do a bit of sifting to get to it.

Yeah sorry I didn''t want to paint all of you with the same brush. Thanks for the welcome, folks.

Also, anybody here going to the Ajax game? Can''t wait myself!

yep, I''ve moved over to the posh stand for a change - the main stand to be precise

should be a good game and gives the lads a chance to play against another European team, that coming after playing the jocks

a fair old mix which should beg the question, is the wider experience better for us or should we be concentrating on playing teams who will play the same as this season ?

still having the former European Cup winners at Carrow Road is a bit special, if only for us who grew up with the great Dutch teams of the ''70''s

Nahhh I can''t imagine it''d hurt to have a variety of challenges pre-season. We get to see how we handle different situations, and different styles of footy.

I was well chuffed with our win against Celtic yesterday, I could hear them singing the Paddy Mccourt chant that they did at Drury''s testimonial - made me wish I could have made the trip up!

Welcome mate. I agree with you, I''m more of a pinkun spectator than a regular poster, and yes some of the tripe on here can be unbelievable but that''s a select few. The worst part is how certain members constantly moan at everything of late. We''re in our best financial position yet, have a decent new manager, new players, we''re in the prem and all our season tickets are sold. SACK THE BOARD!!

and we get a bit of practice in for European football in 2013/14

Celtic would have been ok if you could fly up

sat in club cabbage for 7 hours in that baking heat would fry the mind - bit like being in a travelling nursing home

Agree certain people (Who make most noise) do have a downer on the club, but i think it''s just their anxiety coming through and it''s not necessarily a beat down on the club - more an expression of fear.

I don''t know your first post and already your moaning! !

Actually I agree with your point but in fairness to those who have the glass half empty, it would be such a boring place if we all agreed! and in some areas they do have their point!

Unlike others I like to wait until the end of the time, say like end of August before I comment on how good the transfers have been! So far so good, a mix of young hungry playes and experienced pro''s!

I think you''ll find that City 1st accusations are unjust and most of the glass half empty posters are genuine long time city fans who just want better for the club than the club can afford at this time! We would all love to signe 500 million pounds worth of superstars and win the league, but we have to accept this is a long build for a club like ours and the foundations are layed, now we have a manager who I believe will build on these!

As for the Ajax game, I went to the last one at Carrow road when a certian young zlatan ibrahimovic scored the only goal! Not going to this one as I am away until mid August in Norway!

Chuckle. I like it.

I think with a lot of posters who express concern it is fear that things are going to go tits up and they are seeking reassurance from others that everything is going to be alright.

[quote user="Resident Canary Stig"]Hey everyone, I''ve been lurking on this site for a while. I''ve always been a bit uncertain about whether I want to post, but after today I think I must. I''m gonna kick it off with this frank question: What the holy hell is wrong with most of you? There''s so much *hate* for our beloved club here. Yet, it''s a Norwich/local club discussion board. What did Norwich do wrong? Because I can''t think of anything that springs to mind in the last three years. You all just seem personally affronted by day to day activity within the club. It''s actually startling, I don''t know how much of a percentage this site represents fans but I hope it''s not a majority. You should love the club you''ve chosen to support, not get angry about signings! I know I''m new here, and will probably get shot down but I just thought I''d try and come in here and cool you all off. We''re all fans of the same club/residents of the same county - shouldn''t we all get along? My god this animosity used to be aimed at Ipswich, maybe that''s what it is. We haven''t vented on them in over a year. Well, hey anyway...[/quote]

I like the fact your first post is a moan, you will fit in well!

Although for the record there are a million different views given in this forum, the majority being eloquently written and well informed (compared to many low end Binners sites and WACCOE). But essentially people fall into either the negative camp, or the positive camp, depending on their general attitude or how much of a bad day they are having. Personally I have been entrenched in the positive camp since PL joined in 2009, proving the club had finally figured out how to run things properly. Quite frankly almost every single decision made since has been spot on. No moaning from me these days.

[quote user="Tim Dawson"]In general rule of thumb is the higher the post count the bigger the asshole !![/quote]

Hahaha. Very true! I read this board most days without posting and have done for years, but the post count of some people on here is just ridiculous. How much must they love the sounds of their own voices?

That sums it for me Jonzey.

BTW City1st, your continual accusation of Suffolk Farmhands et al will be tested if you start to attend matches in the GW stand. There''s a lot of us Suffolk lads in the Carra. We are yella - like it or not old mate.

[quote user="Splendid Rush"][quote user="Tim Dawson"]In general rule of thumb is the higher the post count the bigger the asshole !![/quote] Hahaha. Very true! I read this board most days without posting and have done for years, but the post count of some people on here is just ridiculous. How much must they love the sounds of their own voices?[/quote]

Is there an audio part to the message board?   I''ve been missing out....................[:(]