Sign in to follow this  
flecky76

According to the Mirror, Spurs want £6m fit Naughton

and that ''massive'' club Villa (ahem!) can''t afford him! Lol

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-cant-afford-spurs-941343?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Levy always overpricing his players. Even if they have been at the club for 3 years and have made 1 appearance :D. £6m is too high for Naughton. £4 million max.

£4m plus up to £2m in addons including international callup(s) would be good business if the wages can be agreed. LOL at the big club failing to back Lambert already......

The mirror is arguably more incorrect than the sun - remember this is the rag that told us that we we going to lose Ruddy to Villa, and that we were poised to sign Titus Bramble and Steven Fletcher for our second season.

[quote user="TheRock"]The mirror is arguably more incorrect than the sun - remember this is the rag that told us that we we going to lose Ruddy to Villa, and that we were poised to sign Titus Bramble and Steven Fletcher for our second season.[/quote]It,s also the rag that said Paul Lambert would be interested in the Villa job if it was offered to him , papers will always get some right and some wrong but the Mirror are usually quite good . As for Naughton  well £6 million is a lot but Premiership class players do not usually go much cheaper than that , Gunther from  Forest would probably be around £2 million and you would be guessing at whether he will cut it or not , you get what you pay for basically .

6 million well if it is was 4 million there would be a scramble, he can fit straight in and answer your needs at full back (on either side).HAve to say over a three year contract 6 million would be a good investment, he is so young that he wuld develop as we have all said and I still think he would be worth more in a season or two. He has raw potential.How the hell he wasn''t in our top 3 players last season is a travesty.

A while ago I am sure many were suggesting a 5 million price tag, and to be honest to up it by 1 more I think is worth it. As many have said he was not only good player last season but will get better. I think he could be as good as cole has been, with great overlapping runs down the wings.

[quote user="Ncfc"][quote user="TheRock"]The mirror is arguably more incorrect than the sun - remember this is the rag that told us that we we going to lose Ruddy to Villa, and that we were poised to sign Titus Bramble and Steven Fletcher for our second season.[/quote]It,s also the rag that said Paul Lambert would be interested in the Villa job if it was offered to him , papers will always get some right and some wrong but the Mirror are usually quite good . As for Naughton  well £6 million is a lot but Premiership class players do not usually go much cheaper than that , Gunther from  Forest would probably be around £2 million and you would be guessing at whether he will cut it or not , you get what you pay for basically .[/quote]

really? they guessed something that 99% of people could figure out themselves?

you can give a monkey 50 items to choose from, but if one of them is a huge shiny thing that makes a noise and has a stack of bananas, odds are, you can guess correctly the monkey will go to it.

and in response to the OP... He is probably worth 6m. he is outstanding, and he was playing for a club he was just on loan to, not to mention he is young and a bit inexperienced.

if Rhodes is valued at 4-8m, a long with other L1 and champ players, 6 for one of the best young defenders in the game is well worth it.

[quote user="pablofarmer"]A while ago I am sure many were suggesting a 5 million price tag, and to be honest to up it by 1 more I think is worth it. As many have said he was not only good player last season but will get better. I think he could be as good as cole has been, with great overlapping runs down the wings.[/quote]

Totaly agree, when it was rumour''d we had offered £5million I thought it was about right for him, But who knows with Chris''s Spurs Contacts we could be in with a very good chance of doing a deal, so pleased Villa are out of it.

It would be worth us paying £6 million for him just to piss off  Lambert and Villa and show him what a mistake he has made.

snap him up! £6m is a touch...he''s far better at RB than N.Cafu and on Tierney in the first few games was actually better than him at LB.

£6m is a no-brainer...I think the debate is could we afford his wages?

I would... If we are going to fight the big boys in PL we cant go to far wrong with a proven player in our colours can we.

KN covered both fullback positions with ease, in fact anywhere across back four. No Adam this year so be perfect cover for Mad Marc ( still all very quiet on him !)

With our luck with CB''s having RM and KN as cover if needed leaves us in a strong position.

6m upfront is too much based on one good season at this level.4m with add-ons sounds about right (which could take it up to 6m+ anyway), and we''d be paying a fair price for his ability now, with additional costs if he continues to perform and develop.

just cos levy wants £6m doesn''t mean we will have to pay that. Would be able to knock him down a bit. Definatly worth it imo, pure class on the ball, pace, very good defensively reads the game well can play LB or RB, possible England candidate for the future. One terrific season at this level in his first premiership campaign makes him worth every penny.

Relative to other prices maybe 4m - 4.5m up front.  It will be interesting to see what happens to transfer prices this season.Maybe Lambert could buy him from Villa''s massive resources and donate him to us as a parting gift.... yeah  starting to feel bitter now... if he left us for a supermodel I could get over it... but not for some skank up the road

Spurs looking to make a good profit on someone they have played once in 3 years... When would this happen at another club? He''s not 19/20/21, he''s 24 this year year, so not exactly the young player people have been going on about. If Spurs think he is a good enough "young" player, surely they''ll keep him.

[quote user="RonnieCorbet"]Spurs looking to make a good profit on someone they have played once in 3 years... When would this happen at another club? He''s not 19/20/21, he''s 24 this year year, so not exactly the young player people have been going on about. If Spurs think he is a good enough "young" player, surely they''ll keep him.
[/quote]

You can see Arsenal doing the same with Lansbury, another player learning his trade elswhere and they proffit from it.