Sign in to follow this  
tom cavendish

Gary Neville

would be my choice as the next Norwich City manager. He really does know what he''s talking about and I''m not surprised that Roy Hodgson rates him so very highly.Hodgson is supposed to be on good terms with McNasty and Delia so perhaps he would put in a good word.

Actually Tom, I have not given that a thought. It won''t happen but it is a reasonable suggestion and I for one wouldn''t be against it.

Take cover!!

Yeah I suggested this in another thread. The only thing is do we want an unproven manager learning his trade in such an important season? I wouldn''t be against it but it would be a big gamble.

Hands down the one area where we needed help last year was defensively and Neville was very interesting with his comments on sky with his views on defending as a whole. Clearly his experiences with Schmeichel and others in those Manchester teams had a massive impact and he would be a great defensive coach or asst. manager.Guess he is on a good contract with Sky and it is unlikley but his knowledge is second to none.

I laughed when I first saw that he had got a job with the FA. He looked convincing as Hodgson''s assistant last night, almost as if he knew what he was talking about, not like the old bag carriers of the past ie Phil Neill. I suppose he will be favourite to succeed Hodgson when the time comes for Roy to go.

P.S Wayne Rooney was an old bag carrier too, or did I read the story wrong!

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I would not choose someone with no managerial experience as the next NCFC manager.[/quote]I would normally agree, but Gary Neville clearly knows what he is talking about when it comes to football, he is very articulate, very passionate, players would respect him, and he wouldn''t put up with any nonsense from players. The bloke is destined to become a top, top manager.

[quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="Mister Chops"]I would not choose someone with no managerial experience as the next NCFC manager.[/quote]I would normally agree, but Gary Neville clearly knows what he is talking about when it comes to football, he is very articulate, very passionate, players would respect him, and he wouldn''t put up with any nonsense from players. The bloke is destined to become a top, top manager.[/quote]That''s what they said about Peter Grant.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="Mister Chops"]I would not choose someone with no managerial experience as the next NCFC manager.[/quote]I would normally agree, but Gary Neville clearly knows what he is talking about when it comes to football, he is very articulate, very passionate, players would respect him, and he wouldn''t put up with any nonsense from players. The bloke is destined to become a top, top manager.[/quote]That''s what they said about Peter Grant.[/quote]No they didn''t.

[quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="Mister Chops"]I would not choose someone with no managerial experience as the next NCFC manager.[/quote]I would normally agree, but Gary Neville clearly knows what he is talking about when it comes to football, he is very articulate, very passionate, players would respect him, and he wouldn''t put up with any nonsense from players. The bloke is destined to become a top, top manager.[/quote]That''s what they said about Peter Grant.[/quote]No they didn''t.[/quote]Oh yes they did!Behind you! [:D]

haha some funny comments.

How about Peter Grant having another chance

Maybe make rodent his number 2.

Sorry, i cant even joke about it.... not funny times at all!!!

Neville maybe a good shout as assistant?!

I think Gary Neville would demand high standards which is no bad thing, and I think he could clearly explain what he wants them to do. He has a winning mentality and he was Fergies captain because of his leadership qualities.

[quote user="tom cavendish"]I think Gary Neville would demand high standards which is no bad thing, and I think he could clearly explain what he wants them to do. He has a winning mentality and he was Fergies captain because of his leadership qualities.[/quote]http://norwichcity.myfootballwriter.com/2007/10/09/what-makes-a-good-coach-doesn-t-always-make-a-great-manager-that-s-the-problem/

I''m not sure a potential "top, top" manager would have gone straight into tv punditry. I don''t think his heart is on management. International coaching is something you do for a couple of months a year tops, and often in the off season. Suits him perfectly when he can then go back and commentate/be an analyst in the season with Sky.

More importantly, management is about a lot more than knowing your stuff. You need to motivate people, sign players, and be able to act under pressure in making substitutes etc. etc. Even coaching is a completely different kettle of fish - one of the reasons I wouldn''t be happy with Culverhouse, despite what some of the rumours on here suggest about him essentially running the show under Lambert.