Sign in to follow this  

If Robert Chase had been Chairman right now....

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]More a reference to posters being able to stick to the topic discussed instead of the usual insults and it getting personal. I give it until Page 4...[/quote]

How is it working at your end Pete ? Are you moderating just this thread and Vince is looking after the rest of the messageboard ? Do you want me to drop by later with a pizza and a couple of tins because if ever a day was one for burning the midnight oil this is it ? [:P][;)]

[/quote]Just me, has been for years...

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]More a reference to posters being able to stick to the topic discussed instead of the usual insults and it getting personal. I give it until Page 4...[/quote]

How is it working at your end Pete ? Are you moderating just this thread and Vince is looking after the rest of the messageboard ? Do you want me to drop by later with a pizza and a couple of tins because if ever a day was one for burning the midnight oil this is it ? [:P][;)]

[/quote]Well I hear you and your gang are friendly with the pinkun team so why not?...

[quote user="Shaker Maker"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]

More a reference to posters being able to stick to the topic discussed instead of the usual insults and it getting personal. I give it until Page 4...
[/quote]

[/quote]

Well I hear you and your gang are friendly with the pinkun team so why not?...
[/quote]

Well spotted Shakey. Not much gets by you....

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Shaker Maker"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]

More a reference to posters being able to stick to the topic discussed instead of the usual insults and it getting personal. I give it until Page 4...
[/quote]

[/quote]

Well I hear you and your gang are friendly with the pinkun team so why not?...
[/quote]

Well spotted Shakey. Not much gets by you....

[/quote]

Sorry Nutty but are you now saying you are no longer in the gang ? Did you have a row and storm out claiming a lack of ambition or have you been approached by the Inner Circle because i am in that too apparently ? [*-)]

You seemingly are desperate for a post from me Nutty for some strange reason, so here are my thoughts:

From South to Watling to Chase to Jones......From MacAulay to Bond to Brown to Walker to Lambert....From Bly to Cross to Dehan to Sutton to Holt....

The one thing that remains constant is Norwich City FC.

Whilst there are a dozen people to stand at the side of a pitch OUR club will still be there.

The club belongs to the fans and not the individuals that pass through, they are only fleeting shadows that leave a mark, some for longer than others, but still only fleeting.

For those that support our club from the terraces, on the internet, on radio or just from the newspapers or word of mouth, that support remains WHOEVER is in charge, managing or playing.

We have gone through periods of success, mediocrity and abject failure; we have lived through hope and shattered dreams. The one constant being our support of our club Norwich City.

So get a grip, if Holt goes someone will take his place.  Lambert has left then eventually a new hero will emerge. Supporting our club, like any supporter of any club, will take you through that rollercoaster of emotions, that’s what being a football supporter is all about.

Those emotions and that support, we hope, will still be felt long after our place is taken “at the side of the pitch” by the generations to come

Enjoy the success when you can, moan at the failure when it happens but whatever may befall our club will always come through.

OTBC

Blimey! What a great post that is Butler. Perhaps we are all feeling the same today. No fairytales there, just an honest post from the heart. Can''t ask for more than that[Y]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Blimey! What a great post that is Butler. Perhaps we are all feeling the same today. No fairytales there, just an honest post from the heart. Can''t ask for more than that[Y]

[/quote]

[Y]

Chase didn''t loosen the purse strings and neither will the current board. Absolutely no difference.

Chase would of gone for a cheap-ish replacement and it will be very interesting if the current board do the same. I think they will.

There are direct parallels between events back then and now.If City do drop down to the Second Division next season due to a lack of realistic investment, I wonder who will ultimately be considered responsible? Also... who will at that point want to invest in a Second Division club in decline and in the stranglehold of Delia Smith?  Back to square one as far as I can see.

[quote user="Cluck Nose."]There are direct parallels between events back then and now.

If City do drop down to the Second Division next season due to a lack of realistic investment, I wonder who will ultimately be considered responsible? Also... who will at that point want to invest in a Second Division club in decline and in the stranglehold of Delia Smith? 

Back to square one as far as I can see.
[/quote] WE lose lambert but cluck gets a stage to preach his garbage from good old cluck with his agenda. Just see him for what he is people

[quote user="Cluck Nose."]There are direct parallels between events back then and now.If City do drop down to the Second Division next season due to a lack of realistic investment, I wonder who will ultimately be considered responsible? Also... who will at that point want to invest in a Second Division club in decline and in the stranglehold of Delia Smith?  Back to square one as far as I can see.[/quote]You know what?I can forgive your obvious trolling.I can forgive you deliberately taking polar opposite views just to start a ruck.But the way you revel in folks unhappiness and misery, gloating about it, I find extremely petty and distasteful.

[quote user="Cluck Nose."]There are direct parallels between events back then and now.If City do drop down to the Second Division next season due to a lack of realistic investment, I wonder who will ultimately be considered responsible? Also... who will at that point want to invest in a Second Division club in decline and in the stranglehold of Delia Smith?  Back to square one as far as I can see.[/quote]Why dont you feck off then?

Oh dear......Reality is a tough thing to consider unfortunately.

Just imagine how disappointed you will be if City stay in the First Division after another inspired appointment without Chase-like little ol'' Norwich connections. Not Phil Neal though. But there will be direct paralells to be seen if the club re-appoint Gunn for the second time like Chase did Megson. It''s interesting. Anybody friendly enough with Big Bob to get his opinion?

[quote user="A Certain Poster"]Whatever has or hasn''t happened there have been no virtual pitchforks wielded in the direction of Bowkett yet, and that''s odd because a number of of our present company were actively involved in getting Chase out, and the young uns who grew up listening to the fireside tales of their fathers facing down mounted police charges each rendition slightly more exagerated than the last must be itching for their tilt at saving the club too.[/quote]Pitchforks are old hat. You would have to wield a hay baler lol

Great post from The Butler.Oh and I see that somebody has had a pop at Cluck Nose saying "the way you revel in folks unhappiness and misery, gloating about it, I find extremely petty and distasteful." hahaha oh the irony!

[quote user="Lammy"]Great post from The Butler.Oh and I see that somebody has had a pop at Cluck Nose saying "the way you revel in folks unhappiness and misery, gloating about it, I find extremely petty and distasteful." hahaha oh the irony![/quote]I suspect half of them see someone else''s face when they look in a mirror....Besides.... I''ve not be wrong with my predictions yet.

[quote user="Lammy"]Great post from The Butler.Oh and I see that somebody has had a pop at Cluck Nose saying "the way you revel in folks unhappiness and misery, gloating about it, I find extremely petty and distasteful." hahaha oh the irony![/quote]Bore off mate.[:)]

[quote user="Lammy"]I''m not your mate![/quote]Correct.Oh mysterious "new" poster with a ready made grudge.Indeed a mystery.

[quote user="The Butler"]

You seemingly are desperate for a post from me Nutty for some strange reason, so here are my thoughts:

From South to Watling to Chase to Jones......From MacAulay to Bond to Brown to Walker to Lambert....From Bly to Cross to Dehan to Sutton to Holt....

Whilst there are a dozen people to stand at the side of a pitch OUR club will still be there.

The club belongs to the fans and not the individuals that pass through, they are only fleeting shadows that leave a mark, some for longer than others, but still only fleeting.

For those that support our club from the terraces, on the internet, on radio or just from the newspapers or word of mouth, that support remains WHOEVER is in charge, managing or playing.

We have gone through periods of success, mediocrity and abject failure; we have lived through hope and shattered dreams. The one constant being our support of our club Norwich City.

So get a grip, if Holt goes someone will take his place.  Lambert has left then eventually a new hero will emerge. Supporting our club, like any supporter of any club, will take you through that rollercoaster of emotions, that’s what being a football supporter is all about.

Those emotions and that support, we hope, will still be felt long after our place is taken “at the side of the pitch” by the generations to come

Enjoy the success when you can, moan at the failure when it happens but whatever may befall our club will always come through.

OTBC

[/quote]

Butler, I also have to add my salute for a wonderful post. However, mine comes with a question. Given your repeated attempts in the past to belittle my inputs by challenging the last time I attended a match then it''s natural for me to ask were you being sincere then or.....are you being sincere now?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Shaker Maker"]Both Delias lot and the Chase lot have made mistakes- that is clear.

Why then does Robert Chase seem to be the only person to get criticism?

[/quote]

" the Chase lot" now that is an interesting point.Now please tell me who exactly were the Chase lot? Chase was majority shareholder,.............

Now we have Delia as majority shareholder,....................Called me old fashioned but today we have a democracy and before smacks of a dictatorship.

[/quote]

Chase was not a majority (i.e., over 50%) shareholder unlike Delia & MWJ.

I''ll leave others to comment on your idea of democracy when you hold less than 50% of the ordinary shares of NCFC.

[quote user="The Butler"]

OTBC

[/quote]

What we fans get really peeved at, is when these people treat OUR Club with little respect. We all pay into OUR club, in a various ways, so in my eyes, it will always be OUR Club..

These people (players/managers etc) come in, we pay them well, we give them a great platform to perform on, and all we ask is they treat us (fans/Club) with the respect any right minded person would deserve. When that minimum request goes belly up, that''s when we kick off. You are right, current managers/players/employees, will be long gone one day, but Norwich City will still be here, as will our support.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Shaker Maker"]Both Delias lot and the Chase lot have made mistakes- that is clear.

[/quote]

" the Chase lot" now that is an interesting point.Now please tell me who exactly were the Chase lot? Chase was majority shareholder,.............

Now we have Delia as majority shareholder,....................Called me old fashioned but today we have a democracy and before smacks of a dictatorship.

[/quote]

I''ll leave others to comment on your idea of democracy when you hold less than 50% of the ordinary shares of NCFC.

[/quote]

So Chase ran a democracy during his tenure did he ? Maybe you could tell us who else had an input into running the club apart from him then ? Jones with his 9% or the two puppets Paterson and Lockwood ?Do not forget his share gobbling up exercise or the midday AGM''s when virtually no shareholder was in a position to attend.

[quote user="Cluck Nose."] If Robert Chase had been Chairman right now....[/quote]We''d have the best stadium in the Unibond Premier League.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So Chase ran a democracy during his tenure did he ? Maybe you could tell us who else had an input into running the club apart from him then ? Jones with his 9% or the two puppets Paterson and Lockwood ?Do not forget his share gobbling up exercise or the midday AGM''s when virtually no shareholder was in a position to attend.

[/quote]

If shareholders (who held the majority of the votes) didn''t like Chase''s running of the club they could have voted against  his re election as a director or they could have called an EGM. and voted him out.  Thats a democracy.