Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

villa havent announced lambert....

He left midweek and was expected to be announced by the weekend..... Hasn''t happened....

Has he met with villa and not liked what he heard? Monumental balls up if so..... He will be without a club and have to watch a new man take his team forward at Norwich....

It would all be very funny.....

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]He left midweek and was expected to be announced by the weekend..... Hasn''t happened.... Has he met with villa and not liked what he heard? Monumental balls up if so..... He will be without a club and have to watch a new man take his team forward at Norwich.... It would all be very funny.....[/quote]

It would all be very funny...........especially if he rejected Villa and came back to Norwich.  Stranger things have happened..............

Compensation hasn''t been agreed yet so until it is I don''t think they can appoint him?

I''d love to see him come back with his tail between his legs but the reality is he hasn''t been announced yet because we are still arguing about compensation.

I honestly think you have to stop grasping at straws and let him go. Compensation is being thrashed out, contracts are being finalised, we are looking for another manager.

There is no need for Aston Villa to rush things - they''ve got their man.

I''m sure it will be confirmed early next week.

Haven''t read the ins and outs of this but I''d like to think Lambert would have enough respect for us to make sure we were properly compensated by his new employers.

That being said I''d also like to have thought that the player worshipped like no other I''ve seen in my 25 years following City would have had enough respect for us to not kick us when we''re down.

Villa must be a very big club to be trying to find loopholes so that they don''t have to pay a small family club a little bit of compensation.

Sounds like finances are tighter then certain managers may have been led to believe.

Always been the same old story at Villa especially during the Doug Ellis days. Tight as a ducks ar se and managers go there thinking they''ve hit the big time only to realise that the pot was full of fools gold.

Only time they''ve had some success was when they sold their souls and club into penury with more debt than Greece.

Turn around Paul Lambert.

Anyway if there were problems would anyone really want him back? He would be whoring himself out to the next managerial vacancy in his press conferences and then we will be back to this.

Have to disagree with you Ruddy. Villa spent a lot when Lerner took over. Issue financially for them comes from the huge amount of money MON had to spend.

This is well worth a read: http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/aston-villa-prophets-and-losses.html

If any manager at any club who has enjoyed success and brought some pride to their supporters ever returns to bring more it''s only a job at the end of the day.

Managers and players are mercenaries - we pay them to do a job - they succeed - we carry on paying them - they fail - we get rid. There''s very little loyalty in football at the paid level, its only volunteers, fans and some owners who are forever.

Not saying there haven''t been exceptions for some periods Iwan but Lerner is a businessman who has lost half his personal fortune between 2008 and 2011.

Things change and maybe MON was an expensive lesson for Lerner who has seen what Lambert can do on a budget.

Villa will know they actually have him in a corner now, no way back to Norwich after the way he has played up. Compensation will be peanuts anyway in comparable terms. If we kept Culverhouse and i suspect we will not then Villa would get only half of the package and lambert would find himself a tad exposed in the short term . Will all be sorted this weekend and lambert will not get the money he had hope for. £20m in transfer fees is not much more than we would have given him and the current Villa squad needs a lot more surgary than ours

Gardening leave 12 months, have that you ****.

In all seriousness he really has weakened his own bargaining position on wages etc with villa though!

Am I missing something here, but why does everyone  at Villa keep banging on about Martin ONeill being the reason for their financial problems?

He may well have asked for certain players, that cost a lot of money in transfer fees and wages, but he doesn''t hold the purse strings. There are owners and CE''s who ratify that side of things . MON may well have thrown a hissy fit (heresay) and thrown his toys out of the cot, if he didn''t get his way, but so what? This has a similar ring about putting a Club in a financial place they do not want to go, so that''s ''life''

[quote user="Dodds"]5Live are saying it will be announced today.[/quote]

Oh goodo that means about another 20 threads chewing over the details of his appointment then ! [:''(]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Dodds"]5Live are saying it will be announced today.[/quote]

Oh goodo that means about another 20 threads chewing over the details of his appointment then ! [:''(]

[/quote]

Good. The sooner it''s confirmed (preferably without Culverhouse & Karsa) the better so we can get on with getting our new man in place and getting prepared for next season.

Just a question for Dodds, if you don''t get off to a good start will you treat him like you treated McLeish? I do hope so. I bet you wouldn''t applaud his team off the pitch after conceding 6 at home...

Its all a matter of time, and to be honest the Ole gunnar Solkaer and Martinez talks went on for ages, so it would be a little suspicious if lambert signed for them within 24-48hrs of signing. Call me cynical but i wouldnt be surprised if the details were agreed weeks ago and they are now just leaving it a few days before announcing it so people dont think they had already spoken to lambert secretly...but ofcourse things like that dont happen do they. Lambert will/is the next villa manager, he done a fantastic job for us, and im sure if we were told when he joined us he would leave us in 3 seasons time in mid table in the championship we would all have been ecstastic, so to leave us mid table in the prem is unbelievable. Good luck to him, i think he is going to need it, and i dont think the majority of ans begrudge him moving if he really thinks he can achieve more at villa, i just wish it had been handled better. Dont just throw a hissy fit and quit, be honest and tell the media you wanted to speak to villa to see what they had to say. the way its been handled just looks like villa have virtually offered him the job and hes tried to get out asap.

Villa fans treat McLeish with patience. It was a shock that it took until April for the anger to break.

There are no hyperboles in describing how apoclayptically awful McLeish was.

I expect Lambert to surpass our home form of last season by October.

[quote user="Dodds"]Villa fans treat McLeish with patience. It was a shock that it took until April for the anger to break. There are no hyperboles in describing how apoclayptically awful McLeish was. I expect Lambert to surpass our home form of last season by October.[/quote]

To what extent did Lerner back McLeish? From the outside it certainly looked like McLeish didn''t have much to work with, coupled with losing Bent, Petrov and Dunne for extended periods and I don''t think McLeish did a bad a job as you make out. I thought your treatment of him on the final day was disgusting and smacked of a fickle, petulant support who fail to recognise that they''re not a big club anymore.

Bent did not get injured until late March, which is when injuries kicked in. I cannot see how he can be excused the cowardly, awful, negative approach when he had full pick up to that point.

The man was an abomination. It had nothing to do where he came from and everything to do with where he was taking us.

[quote user="Dodds"]Villa fans treat McLeish with patience. It was a shock that it took until April for the anger to break.

There are no hyperboles in describing how apoclayptically awful McLeish was.

I expect Lambert to surpass our home form of last season by October.[/quote]
That''s why there was a protest on the day he was signed.

[quote user="Dodds"]Bent did not get injured until late March, which is when injuries kicked in. I cannot see how he can be excused the cowardly, awful, negative approach when he had full pick up to that point. The man was an abomination. It had nothing to do where he came from and everything to do with where he was taking us.[/quote]

Maybe it''s more to do with where Lerner is taking you, I guess we''ll find out. Say what you like, you were never going to accept McLeish, there were protests from day 1.

Yes by a few hundred. The vast majority swallowed the worst football since 1987 before finally expressing their feelings.

Given that we had seen our last win of the season by that point, 7 in total and only 4 at home, then that to me states patience.

[quote user="Dodds"]Yes by a few hundred. The vast majority swallowed the worst football since 1987 before finally expressing their feelings.

Given that we had seen our last win of the season by that point, 7 in total and only 4 at home, then that to me states patience.[/quote]
Weren''t there rumours that when Villa fans started ''expressing their feelings'', they threatened Mcleish''s family? classy.