Sign in to follow this  
Stowmarket Canary (not Delia)

Villa Chief Exec was Lambert your number one choice??

I don''t think he actually said the word ''yes'' did he? He skirted round the issue and said that when they (eventually) spoke to Lambert, then that was when they realised he was the man for the job!! ha ha

Reckon he''ll get reminded of this a few times when he comes back to FCR...

Does anyone know if he elaborated on these ''personal reasons'' for his departure in the subsequent interviews after the main press conference?

Makes you wonder what would make such a proud man take a job he wasn''t 1st choice for...

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Reckon he''ll get reminded of this a few times when he comes back to FCR...

Does anyone know if he elaborated on these ''personal reasons'' for his departure in the subsequent interviews after the main press conference?

Makes you wonder what would make such a proud man take a job he wasn''t 1st choice for...[/quote]Yeah thats what has bothered me about the whole thing.Something about the whole Lambert / Villa / Holt thing just doesnt make sense. Maybe McNally beat them at poker ?

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Reckon he''ll get reminded of this a few times when he comes back to FCR... Does anyone know if he elaborated on these ''personal reasons'' for his departure in the subsequent interviews after the main press conference? Makes you wonder what would make such a proud man take a job he wasn''t 1st choice for...[/quote]

Yeah thats what has bothered me about the whole thing.

Something about the whole Lambert / Villa / Holt thing just doesnt make sense. Maybe McNally beat them at poker ?
[/quote]

I honestly don''t think he gives a monkeys about whether he was first choice or not.

Villa are, certainly in his eyes, a bigger club and the next stepping stone in his career.

Hence ... he had to walk. 

He took the job and said yes because he was the only one offered it

Brum already full of Lambert''s Lions t- shirts. Shame it''s pissing down

[quote user="AJ"]He took the job and said yes because he was the only one offered it Brum already full of Lambert''s Lions t- shirts. Shame it''s pissing down[/quote]

Rubbish!

Shouldn''t you be on a Villa forum creaming yourself over Lambert.

Villa''s CE was decidedly cagey when asked if Lambert was first choice so i think we can all take that as a No!Which makes you wonder how long before Lambert falls out with his new CE when he doesn''t have the funds to buy who he wants after being promised money. From what is being rumoured, his budget looks very similar to what he had here so i would have thought he could only afford the same type of player.I reckon his reasoning for leaving City might have had something to do with the fact that his name was not even mentioned when the Liverpool job came up and he feels he needs a stepping stone between us and that top job.....hence Villa.

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]OGS - I wish he''d of said yes![/quote]

I dont. Lambert was employed to take us ( as a league 1 manager ) from league 1 to the premiership. I will be eternily thankful for what he did. However it had got to the stage where our whole club was being knocked off track simply because Lambert would never commit to this club. Remember he always attracted the attention in case the next offer was better and never would say he was staying - until he did a couple of weeks ago and quite clearly that was not true.

He did his job and I can only assume that he did not have the confidence that he could better it next season. In fact I even woder if he thought he would struggle to keep us up. But we have now employed a manager that we can all be proud off and in the cold light of day based on where we are now is likely to be a better manager than the one we had. I bet Mr Hughton will be quite happy to sign a deal and commit himself to our club and his ambitions will be to take our club forward and not trying to further his own career at our expense.

Lambert to me has taken a fairly easy job, with the likes of Bent, Given, Obonglahor ect being fit he surely cannot fail to push Villa to the top half of the table. Of course however it wont be Villa that he wants this for it will be himself and just like Colchester fans with us now we will have a wry smile when in a couple of years time he says I have some issues and I am moving on, when what he really means is thanks for letting me use your club it has got me where I want to be whilst at the same time has helped your club move back to where it wants to be.

Also when asked if he had spoken to M.O.N he saidsomething along the lines of ''''yeah Martin had nothing but praise for the club'''' F*ck off Paul thats why he walked out then. More lies it will certainly be worth reading P.L''s autobiography when it comes out im pretty sure it will sell a few copies lol [:@]

I found it quite amusing to see Lambert signing autographs behind bars today to a huge crowd of 6 or so people, maybe a taste of things to come if he fail''s miserably at Villa.

I have slightly more than a passing acquaintance with the people in the area. My aunt has lived in Sutton Coldfield all her life and, for several years, I was an annual member at Edgbaston (solely for Test Match/Ashes reasons). All I can say is good luck Lambo, you will need it.

[quote user="Webbo118"]I have slightly more than a passing acquaintance with the people in the area. My aunt has lived in Sutton Coldfield all her life and, for several years, I was an annual member at Edgbaston (solely for Test Match/Ashes reasons). All I can say is good luck Lambo, you will need it.[/quote]

I also had a number of years in the area having to visit the Cadbury facilities. I also had many a beer with business acquaintances in pubs in the area. I also remember that, for many years, I had a fondness for the colour combination of claret and blue. Webbo, none of my remarks have even a remote connection as to whether Lambert will need luck at Aston Villa and, quite frankly neither do yours. Perhaps you could expand upon your input as to why your Aunt''s residence or cricket relates to why Lambo will need luck. 

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="Webbo118"]I have slightly more than a passing acquaintance with the people in the area. My aunt has lived in Sutton Coldfield all her life and, for several years, I was an annual member at Edgbaston (solely for Test Match/Ashes reasons). All I can say is good luck Lambo, you will need it.[/quote]

I also had a number of years in the area having to visit the Cadbury facilities. I also had many a beer with business acquaintances in pubs in the area. I also remember that, for many years, I had a fondness for the colour combination of claret and blue. Webbo, none of my remarks have even a remote connection as to whether Lambert will need luck at Aston Villa and, quite frankly neither do yours. Perhaps you could expand upon your input as to why your Aunt''s residence or cricket relates to why Lambo will need luck. 

[/quote]

Neither of the statements relate to the need for luck. My opinion is regarding the "fan base" and general outlook of the locals. They are an unforgiving lot who can turn quickly against Manager and/or team. (We saw a good example in the last game of the season). If he thinks the people of Norfolk like a scapegoat, he aint seen nothing yet. If things don''t go well to start with, he may not last the season.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="AJ"]He took the job and said yes because he was the only one offered it Brum already full of Lambert''s Lions t- shirts. Shame it''s pissing down[/quote]

Rubbish!

[/quote]

Well it''s FACT!

I don''t cream myself over a manager like Lambert, I am excited obviously but at Villa there have been many things to cream myself over during the last 30 years. This isn''t one of them. Happy = very much so

It''s like me asking if you''re creaming yourself over Hughton?. Who I sincerely hope joins your lot. Whether he''d like the change of lifestyle from big city to Norwich though will be a big deciding factor

Roll on the good times

[URL=http://uploadpic.org/v.php?img=xg1Hoc7Dzo][IMG]http://uploadpic.org/storage/2011/Iq2wvaXkLgPGg7CbP7arXfWpJ.png[/IMG][/URL]

[quote user="Grantham Canary"]

Also when asked if he had spoken to M.O.N he saidsomething along the lines of ''''yeah Martin had nothing but praise for the club'''' F*ck off Paul thats why he walked out then. More lies it will certainly be worth reading P.L''s autobiography when it comes out im pretty sure it will sell a few copies lol [:@]

[/quote]

I''m sure his autobiography will be entirely self-seeking and not worth the paper it won''t be printed on.

Every time I look at Villa''s Chief Exec, I cannot help thinking he is a double for ''Angry Kid'' (look him up on Youtube)! 

"Dad, what''s a ******?"

[quote user="AJ"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

Rubbish!

[/quote] Well it''s FACT! I don''t cream myself over a manager like Lambert, I am excited obviously but at Villa there have been many things to cream myself over during the last 30 years. This isn''t one of them. Happy = very much so It''s like me asking if you''re creaming yourself over Hughton?. Who I sincerely hope joins your lot. Whether he''d like the change of lifestyle from big city to Norwich though will be a big deciding factor Roll on the good times[/quote]

It''s not ''FACT'' so stop trying to pretend it is.  Anyone who watched Lambert''s press conference at Villa will know it''s not fact.

Come on then, what at Villa have you had to cream yourself over the last 30 years?

Relegation in the mid 80''s like us?  Flirting with relegation several times, like us?

I also read recently that over the last 25 years Villa have 4 top 5 finishes, Norwich could only manage 3[:(]

Cup victories?  You''ve won the League Cup, so have Norwich.

What''s your European record like since you won the European Cup in 1982?

[quote user="Cambridgeyellow"]

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]OGS - I wish he''d of said yes![/quote]

I dont. Lambert was employed to take us ( as a league 1 manager ) from league 1 to the premiership. I will be eternily thankful for what he did. However it had got to the stage where our whole club was being knocked off track simply because Lambert would never commit to this club. Remember he always attracted the attention in case the next offer was better and never would say he was staying - until he did a couple of weeks ago and quite clearly that was not true.

He did his job and I can only assume that he did not have the confidence that he could better it next season. In fact I even woder if he thought he would struggle to keep us up. But we have now employed a manager that we can all be proud off and in the cold light of day based on where we are now is likely to be a better manager than the one we had. I bet Mr Hughton will be quite happy to sign a deal and commit himself to our club and his ambitions will be to take our club forward and not trying to further his own career at our expense.

Lambert to me has taken a fairly easy job, with the likes of Bent, Given, Obonglahor ect being fit he surely cannot fail to push Villa to the top half of the table. Of course however it wont be Villa that he wants this for it will be himself and just like Colchester fans with us now we will have a wry smile when in a couple of years time he says I have some issues and I am moving on, when what he really means is thanks for letting me use your club it has got me where I want to be whilst at the same time has helped your club move back to where it wants to be.

[/quote]

Good post. I particularly enjoyed the miss-spelling of Oblongabangor.

[quote user="crabbycanary"]

Every time I look at Villa''s Chief Exec, I cannot help thinking he is a double for ''Angry Kid'' (look him up on Youtube)! 

"Dad, what''s a ******?"

[/quote]Yup, its that Villa exec id like to punch on repeat, not Lambo !

Er, winning the ultimate trophy 30 years ago is the one that stands out

Having an average premier league finish of 5th

Couple of league cup wins

Runners up after going neck and neck with Man Utd in the first PL season

Basically I''ve enjoyed ALL the last 30 years ups and downs. That''s what supporting your club is all about

Relegation happened and was taken on and we went straight back up. It was a fun season

There were times last season when I actually secretly thought a season in the championship would be fun. But that was under a manager that had sucked the life out of the club and everyone connected with it

Words can''t describe the difference in feel around the club since he was removed. The whole place has woken up from a year long hibernation

Lambert has been on to a winner from day one simply by not being McLeish

Long may he reign. And if a top 4 club come calling for him in 3 years, then so be it. It''ll mean he''s done his job here to warrant it

But, and let''s be honest. If he''s got Villa in the top 6 by then he will be able to achieve whatever he wants with the set up that''s in place

Just like Saunders did ... another present made in Norwich

There''s some very bitter folks on here. You''d think we were rivals or something

Remember better to be a sleeping giant than just another forgotten also ran. Just ask Liverpool, they''re still snoozing but remembered too

Forget about Villa. Think about Ipswich and staying ahead of them. Hughton will do a good job no doubt. But like Lambert will look to jump ship (much quicker than Lambert) if a better offer comes along. It''s in his make up

[quote user="AJ"]There''s some very bitter folks on here. You''d think we were rivals or something

Remember better to be a sleeping giant than just another forgotten also ran. Just ask Liverpool, they''re still snoozing but remembered too

Forget about Villa. Think about Ipswich and staying ahead of them. Hughton will do a good job no doubt. But like Lambert will look to jump ship (much quicker than Lambert) if a better offer comes along. It''s in his make up[/quote]I would imagine you got more chance of a kicking in Claret than blue in the city centre right about now.Go post on the Brum forums pal.

Why would anyone in Norwich hate Villa ?. Seems odd to me. Your board caused this mess not us

As for Faulkner (Villa Director) yes he''s a grade A knob