Sign in to follow this  
jamie 10

Rumours on holt and lamberts future

Before you all shoot me down this is the message I got from a friend who works at the BBC. He txt me

" reporter has just come back from Carrow Road where holt and agent have been meeting, she reckons hot and lambert are on there way out. She heard holt is off to Southampton and lambert to villa and will be gone by the end of the week."

Like I said this is what I have heard and like I said my friend works for the BBC.

I hope more than anyone this is bull***t but I thought I would share what I have heard!!

I still believe Solskjaer to Villa.

And to be honest, I doubt Holt to Southampton would be done with the meeting still ongoing between himself and McNally.

Not knocking you for a second though mate, you''re only passing on what you know.

Yer I still think ole gunner will go to villa the way he they were talking about it on the radio the other day, holt to Southampton doesn''t add up to me as they have Richie lambert who is quite similar to holt and they play with the big and small top two!

Hope they will both stay, and the Norwich fans need to get behind holt tomorrow night in my opinion make him realise what he will miss!

Why would a BBC reporter be at Carrow Road when there has not been a press conference this afternoon ?

Keys and Grey had some Norwegian guy on the show today (might have been Ole''s manager..can''t remember now) that said Ole is heading to Villa 100% but not until the 1st of June.

Whether this is true or not who knows but just passing on the info.

My gut feeling is that Holt and Lambert will both be here at the start of the season. I hope they address Holties concerns, sounds like he didn''t want it to go public but it got leaked. He has behaved in a professional mannner so good luck to the guy whatever the outcome as far as i''m concerned. HE and the other lads got us from Div1 to the Prem so i will always wish him well.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Why would a BBC reporter be at Carrow Road when there has not been a press conference this afternoon ?

[/quote]

The BBC''s Kate Riley is outside FCR now with a camera crew hoping to get a word with Holt''s agent when the meeting has finished.

Like I said its what I heard and the BBC might be down there to try and find out what''s going on as holt agent was on BBC radio Norfolk today. I never said that they were in the meetings and what stops a reporter waiting outside Carrow road?

At the end of the day I HEARD this

Just watched BBC Look East and the matter of Holt''s meeting was reported on by the very fit Kate Riley who was in fact at Carrow Road earlier this afternoon who observed Holt " enter the building looking casual in a hoodie with his agent" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nothing more and nothing less was said other than BBC will be requesting an interview with Lee Payne on the outcome of the talks.

[quote user="London Canary"]Sing Up The River End, How do you know, maybe Lambert could have already spoke to Villa in private about the job.[/quote]

Fair point, I''d think McNally would reject any approach though?

Anyone believing this bollocks might care to look on Oddschecker and see where Solksjaer''s odds are heading.

I think Lambert will be staying anyway, he is not stupid, there will be bigger and better opportunities, if he is good enough for a bigger club then he will show it with Norwich and another club will come his way in the future.

i cant see holt signing for southampton, apart from the fact hey have rickie lambert and i cant see him and holt playing together, southamton must be as far from carlisle as he could get, and i doubt he would want to move further away from his home town at his age. Im confidenet things will be sorted out, there doesnt seem to be any panic from either side at present. it would be nice to hear from lambert, even just to let us know he is still here and hasnt been replaced by alex mcleish with a wig

Morty "Do you people get some kind of sexual kick posting this crap?"

You have no idea how funny i found that!! Well said!! :)

[quote user="Skijumptoes"]Morty "Do you people get some kind of sexual kick posting this crap?"

You have no idea how funny i found that!! Well said!! :)[/quote]I just don''t get it.Is it an insatiable lust to be able to say"I told you so" if, by sheer luck, they guess right?Do they think they are being "funny"?I bet you a pound to a pinch that the players read this forum, and its frankly embarrassing.

Yes but someone was ruling out that Lambert has spoke to Villa. I was just correcting them. tell me if im wrong. A phone call could of been made to Lambert, is that crazy or not?

he is not stupid? asking for a transfer request then talking to the ceo says maybe he/his agent are not so bright

''spoke'' doesn''t mean a phone call.. when you ''speak'' to a club it''s a formal arrangement where offers could be laid on the table.

People in football are always ''speaking'' to one another.

I think that''s what was implied anyway.

[quote user="London Canary"]Well actually if Lambert really didn''t wan''t to be here Mcnally may as well accept an approach[/quote]

I made the point in another thread that some fans seem to view McNally as some kind of godlike, omnipotent figure, and this is to an extent what I was talking about. Whether to allow Lambert to talk to Villa or not would not be McNally''s decision. He might have a view, as one of the seven directors, but the decision would be taken by the board as a whole.