Sign in to follow this  
Captain Canary Jr.

Booing Holt

Seen a few posts on twitter (normally by younger fans), that people will be booing Grant Holt at Adam Drury''s testimonial. Quite frankly, this has appalled me, and made me ashamed to be associated with these so-called "fans".

I could go on for ages about Holt, and how much of a cult hero he has become for us, but I feel that''s been already asserted enough on this board. What really peeves me, is that a select few feel it is necessary to judge the whole situation by face-value, and boo one of Norwich''s most heroic strikers ever (and yes, I know, that''s a big statement to make), forgetting what a massive part of our club''s rise he has been. Whatever he does this summer, he doesn''t deserve that treatment, and I feel booing him could possibly make his mind up for him.

What also annoys me, is the fact that they choose to do this on Drury''s testimonial. Tuesday is all about Adam, and his massive contribution and dedication to this club. It''s called the "Adam Drury Testimonial", not the "Grant Holt Speculation match".

Honestly people, grow up and get a grip.

"Whatever he does this summer, he doesn''t deserve that treatment, and I feel booing him could possibly make his mind up for him."Holt has alreadly made up his mind by putting in a transfer request to leave the club.What also annoys me, is the fact that they choose to do this on Drury''s

testimonial. Tuesday is all about Adam, and his massive contribution and

dedication to this club. It''s called the "Adam Drury Testimonial", not

the "Grant Holt Speculation match".

Perhaps Holt should have thought about that before asking for a transfer only days before Drury''s

testimonial game.

But the transfer request got rejected. What I meant was, if he gets booed by a few fickle fans, it''ll leave an incredibly sour taste in his mouth, and make him wanna leave even more.

And I agree that the transfer request before Drury''s testimonial was not the best of moves. Still, people need to respect that it''s Drury''s big day, and he DESERVES all the attention

There should be NO booing for Holt ever! why is there so many NFNs following Norwich, I despair at some of our so called fans

If ANYONE boos Grant Holt after what he''s done for this club it will be an absolute disgrace!! If he wants to better himself and his families future then so be it, that''s life. Some people have very short memories, about a bloody week. Some of the responses to this situation are pathetic and make me ashamed for this club and some of it''s so called fans.

Holt doesn''t owe us anything. People say look what we''ve done for him....load of rubbish. Look what he''s done for us. We''d probably still be in League 1 but for Holt, maybe in administration with 10 points docked looking down the barrel of league 2.We paid Holt a wage, to do a job, and he''s done it to a fantastic level, he''s been incredible value for money, and even if he does go because he thinks he can do better, and even if I disagree with the decision, he goes down as a legend, the only player to win 3 POTS trophies, and that in 3 different leagues, and a player who has done a remarkable amount for Norwich City through his performances on the pitch.I may disagree, I may think he''s done something stupid, but I will certainly not boo him at this stage.

I felt the need to join just to comment on this subject alone if nothing else.

Adam Drurys testimonial is about Adam Drury, nobody else.  Anyone booing any of the players should be ashamed of themselves. 

Holt should not play in the game, if he does he deserves everything he gets as the fans are divided about his Transfer request.

Go on holiday Grant!

I can''t believe after Delia gave birth to Grant Holt, Culverhouse taught him how to play football and Paul Lambert gave him his first ever game of football how he could want to leave our club..

Oh wait.. he was a footballer before he came here, and will be after - he''s scored a ridiculous amount of goals and I think without him we''d not be where we are now. But yes lets boo the guy.

Tubes.

It''s very disappointing that the testimonial is being totally hijacked by the contiuning speculation about Lambert and more so with the totally out of the blue transfer request from Holt. Holt is no fool, he knew the Celtic match was only days away and also knew that many fans would be a tad ''annoyed'' at his action (whatever the reasons).

No way will I take part in any booing for the well documented reasons re Holt''s contribuiton over three great years. However, there will be a few who do give him some verbals and that will detract from the occasion. I can''t think of any reason why he had to put in a request anyway - his agent will have told clubs of his ''availability''. Unless this is all some cleverly stage managed game (which I doubt) I think Holt has handled this very badly.      

[quote user="Rustyboy"]

Holt should not play in the game, if he does he deserves everything he gets as the fans are divided about his Transfer request.

Go on holiday Grant!

[/quote]

Huzzah! [Y]

No.  Just no.    If you are a real supporter of your club you would not dream of booing GH considering what he has done over the last three years.

If you''re a small-minded or just stupid then boo if you want to  - but you will just be showing yourself up if you do as a fickle twat.   Go and support the binners down the road - they would benefit much more from your kind of support.

Personally I am going to be completely neutral about it. I will neither boo him nor will be masses of support for him until we are actually told the reason why this request has been handed in. I will be honest unless this whole thing is sorted in the next 24 hours I think its inappropriate that he plays. Regardless of whether you think its right or wrong he is going to get stick tomorrrow off certain sections of the crowd and that can''t be allowed to happen. This whole night should be a celebration of Adam Drury has shown remarkable levels of consistency during his time with the club. Any thing which deflects attention from that is unwelcome and shouldn''t be allowed.

IMO the only people hijacking the testimonial are the fans with the OTT response to the speculation surrounding the rumours of Paul Lambert leaving for Liverpool/Villa and Grant Holts transfer request, get over it or put your feelings to one side for one evening and show your support for Adam Drury on HIS evening, if he wants Holty to play in his testimonial and Holty wants to play thats their decision.

I can''t decide whether to boo or not. I''ll probably just do what everybody else does. It so much much easier than considering the matter at ahnd and formulating a considered opinion.

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="Hugh J Wurzell"]

I can''t decide whether to boo or not. I''ll probably just do what everybody else does. It so much much easier than considering the matter at ahnd and formulating a considered opinion.

[/quote]

Put these two words into a phrase you can understand -  ''idiot''   ''brainless''

If Grant Holt plays tomorrow night i will be on my feet applauding the legend whether it be he is substituted or comes on as a sub.If any idiot around me decides to jeer or boo him they will get a piece of my mind. Complete and utter moorons.I have watched City for over fifty years and Holt ranks right up there with the likes of Keelan and virtually every goal that man has scored will be remembered by me for years to come.A charismatic talisman of the highest order.The man scored a hat trick against the scum for F*cks sake and that alone deserved his entry into the Hall of Fame and possibly a statue !!!

Anyway as had been said tomorrow is all about another living legend Adam Drury so before the idiots take over the ayslum and attempt to ruin proceedings just think of the effect with the atmosphere on his family and friends who will all be there to support him on HIS night.

[quote user="Hugh J Wurzell"]

[/quote]

Those that boo him are apparently driving to Cromer after the game and jumping off the edge of the cliffs.I take it you will be joining them ? [:@]

i won''t boo the Judas as i dont want to spoil Adams(incredible loyalty)  big night but if I get the chance to heckle him before or after the game I certainly will

I think any former City player appearing tomorrow night who during their career left Norwich for another club should also be booed. Infact, why not boo every single current City player too. Afterall, they''re all guaranteed to leave Norwich one day.

Firstly its Adam Drury''s night so don''t make it about Grant Holt by booing him. Secondly, despite the poor way in which Holt has handled this, does he really deserve boos? After all he has done for our club? I am not advocating cheering him, but there is a third way - silence.

I think Huckerby spoilt us with his loyalty and maybe we expect all our heroes to live up to that. Its not going to happen, Huckerby was a one off and thats why he is our greatest ever player.

Frankly I have to wonder whether I''ve got the wrong attitude because I''m becoming increasingly embarrassed by some of our fans who say they will boo Grant Holt.

The club I thought I knew has turned into some sort of madhouse and I''m afraid that if I come to Drury''s Testamonial I''m going to end up losing my rag and punch peoples lights out or as many as I can before I''m carted off.

I know a fair few must be binners on this board just looking to cause division, those ones are obvious but even some who I know to have been so called fans for years seem to have completely lost their heads, either that or I''ve lost mine.

This forum is sh!t at the moment and I cannot believe this Booing discussion is even taking place. "Best Fans in the League" - I''m not so sure now.

[quote user="ting tong"]i won''t boo the Judas as i dont want to spoil Adams(incredible loyalty)  big night but if I get the chance to heckle him before or after the game I certainly will[/quote]

Are you joking or deranged?

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

[quote user="ting tong"]i won''t boo the Judas as i dont want to spoil Adams(incredible loyalty)  big night but if I get the chance to heckle him before or after the game I certainly will[/quote]

[/quote]I was wondering the same thing.

[quote user="Ruddygore"]Frankly I have to wonder whether I''ve got the wrong attitude because I''m becoming increasingly embarrassed by some of our fans who say they will boo Grant Holt.

The club I thought I knew has turned into some sort of madhouse and I''m afraid that if I come to Drury''s Testamonial I''m going to end up losing my rag and punch peoples lights out or as many as I can before I''m carted off.

I know a fair few must be binners on this board just looking to cause division, those ones are obvious but even some who I know to have been so called fans for years seem to have completely lost their heads, either that or I''ve lost mine.

This forum is sh!t at the moment and I cannot believe this Booing discussion is even taking place. "Best Fans in the League" - I''m not so sure now.[/quote]

Noisy minority I hope. Makes me wonder how many of these fans were around when we were sh*t, i.e most of the last decade.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

[/quote]

Neither just disgusted how our Club Captain has acted. He should have sorted this in house rather than embarrassing the club in public and if I get the chance to tell him face to face I will.

[quote user="ting tong"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

[/quote]

Neither just disgusted how our Club Captain has acted. He should have sorted this in house rather than embarrassing the club in public and if I get the chance to tell him face to face I will.

[/quote]

Agreed he has handled it very poorly and has got everybody talking about him, when we should be talking about the amazing contribution Adam Drury has made to our club.

However, calling him judas! A little extreme don''t you think? I think your emotions have gotten the better of you. People make mistakes it does not mean they should be damned for all eternity. Will you carry on calling him judas if he stays and scores another 16 goals next season?