Sign in to follow this  
STAN

Chris Martin as good as gone?

I know most of us expected it anyway..

But..

after seeing the squad for Drury''s testimonial I noticed than both Francomb and Smith have been named but Chris Martin hasn''t.

Goodbye Chris!

Never know - if Holt goes... Not a replacement but an extra body at least.

If Simon Lappin can play premier league football (no disrespect) Chris Martin sure as hell ought to be able to!

The difference is A1, Lappin always puts in tonnes of effort when he has a shift, whatever level he is playing at. Martin does not, and this has always been the downfall of his game, although he has got better in recent years.

Martin could well go in the summer, but I still feel he has something to prove here

Just looked at the squad and found it interesting that whilst Wilbrahamovic is staying and playing tonight (and presumably saying goodbye to the fans) Whitbread isn''t in the squad - no idea why, he could be on holiday for all I know but I''m a little surprised he isn''t included.

[quote user="kick it off"]Just looked at the squad and found it interesting that whilst Wilbrahamovic is staying and playing tonight (and presumably saying goodbye to the fans) Whitbread isn''t in the squad - no idea why, he could be on holiday for all I know but I''m a little surprised he isn''t included.[/quote]

This was also asked to Drury who said Whitbread is, surprise surprise, injured.

I''m sure all the players, departing or not, will be there in some shape or form tonight to celebrate with Drury. Stop the rumours!

Drury confirmed Whitbread will be there, but he''s not named in the squad as he''s injured.

And it was hardly a rumour was it?

I was simply stating that every single first team player (minus Ruddy) this season has been named in the squad. Including Francomb and Smith who both were out on loan as Martin was.

Just seems funny to me.

Adeyemi''s signed a 2 year contract in 2010 with an option of a further year for the club.

Mcnally''s told us how they deal with Contracts, the category Adeyemi falls under is the "next stage".

So yes he may well be off as well.

Adeyemi returned to the club on the 11th April after Oldham decided not extend his loan. This despite Adeyemi expressing his will to stay there permanently.

Tw@t.

[quote user="Nicholls"]

Adeyemi''s signed a 2 year contract in 2010 with an option of a further year for the club. Mcnally''s told us how they deal with Contracts, the category Adeyemi falls under is the "next stage". So yes he may well be off as well. Adeyemi returned to the club on the 11th April after Oldham decided not extend his loan. This despite Adeyemi expressing his will to stay there permanently. Tw@t.

[/quote]

I seem to remember someone posting a link either on here, or on WOTB, to a Oldham forum on Adeyemi''s return and they seemed to think they hadn''t extended his loan as they couldn''t afford his wages. I don''t think it was a sign of Tom''s ability just that things are too healthy up there.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[quote user="Nicholls"]

Adeyemi''s signed a 2 year contract in 2010 with an option of a further year for the club. Mcnally''s told us how they deal with Contracts, the category Adeyemi falls under is the "next stage". So yes he may well be off as well. Adeyemi returned to the club on the 11th April after Oldham decided not extend his loan. This despite Adeyemi expressing his will to stay there permanently. Tw@t.

[/quote]

I seem to remember someone posting a link either on here, or on WOTB, to a Oldham forum on Adeyemi''s return and they seemed to think they hadn''t extended his loan as they couldn''t afford his wages. I don''t think it was a sign of Tom''s ability just that things are too healthy up there.

[/quote]I thought he was injured? There was a photo at a recent event, can''t whether it was player of the season awards or something, and Adeyemi had his foot in a boot. I''m pretty sure he did the lap of honour at the end of the season in a boot as well.

Hope he does go, no future here as he is not Premiership standard and even struggled to get in our side in the Championship. Should go back to Luton!

I''m afraid that Chris Martin is just the latest in a long line of strikers produced at Colney (Jarvis, Hayes, Henderson to name but 3) who are good....but not good enough.

He has gone some of the way to getting his attitude sorted, but tbh, he''s a Champ player at best . Are Palarse not interested in keeping him ?

Martin is far, far better than the other players you mentioned though!

I think you''re right though, his level is championship at the moment and he needs to be playing regularly. That doesn''t mean he can''t make the step up in the future

[quote user="AJ"]Martin is far, far better than the other players you mentioned though! [/quote]

Granted, AJ, but in the end, the outcome is the same in all cases...ie that they are not quite good enough for whatever level Norwich happen to be playing at at the time. Witness CM did well in our Lge One season, but failed to make the upgrade to the Champ, let alone the Prem.

You are dead right that at this stage in his career he needs to be playing first team football regularly .  With limited squads/budgets it would be a hell of a gamble (not to mention luxury) to keep him on , on the offchance that he might make the "step up" you speak of.

Sadly I doubt we will see him in Yellow again, we have far better players than him now and we have left him behind. At least the pubs in Norfolk will be safer.....