Sign in to follow this  
Matt Juler

Arsenal match now an early kick-off (12:45pm)

That link makes absolutely no sense at all! I thoiught all games had to kick off at the same time on the same day. But now it seems some will be on the Saturday and some on the Sunday[*-)]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]That''s a bit annoying if you need a few stiffeners beforehand........
[/quote]

These days I always do........

[quote user="Gerry Harrison"]Listed in the NCFC fixtures on this site as Sunday 6th May. Now they are saying it was never moved to Sunday in the first place?[/quote]According to my fixture list this was always down as a Sat 5th May 3pm KO as are most other Premier League fixtures. Some have now been moved to Sunday 6th to accommodate the Cup Final screening but ours stays on Sat, at the earlier time, as there''s engineering work on the Tube on that Sunday apparently.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]That link makes absolutely no sense at all! I thoiught all games had to kick off at the same time on the same day. But now it seems some will be on the Saturday and some on the Sunday[*-)][/quote]

It''s me that''s making no sense[:$]

I was thinking that was the last game of the season!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]That link makes absolutely no sense at all! I thoiught all games had to kick off at the same time on the same day. But now it seems some will be on the Saturday and some on the Sunday[*-)][/quote]It''s not the last game of the season!

what a sad state of affairs when the FA cup final is no longer the last game on the football calendar....a shambles!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]what a sad state of affairs when the FA cup final is no longer the last game on the football calendar....

a shambles!
[/quote]

It''s been moved to an earlier date to allow the season to end sooner for the Olympics and Euros in the summer.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]what a sad state of affairs when the FA cup final is no longer the last game on the football calendar....

a shambles!
[/quote]

It''s been moved to an earlier date to allow the season to end sooner for the Olympics and Euros in the summer.

[/quote]

And it was also moved last year because the Champions League final was being held at Wembley and UEFA have some rule in place regarding the length of time between the last game at the venue for the final and the final itself. [url=http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jan/26/fa-premier-league-cup-final-clash]The FA are in talks with the Premier League to change this from 2013/14[/url] but I wouldn''t hold your breath. I thought the FA Cup was beneath us Norwich fans anyway [;)]

The precedent has now been set be prepared for the FA Cup to stay where it is in the Future so it cana be over shadowed by the Premiership title winners and the Premier League can have the final swan song at the end of the season. The Premier League has all the power and the FA is toothless, spinless and utterly pointless.

Davo

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]That''s a bit annoying if you need a few stiffeners beforehand........[/quote]I''d say its actually better for most people. Means we''re travelling on a Saturday so we avoid the Sunday railworks lottery and with the early kickoff we can pile in a pub after the game to watch the Cup Final.Our last away game of the season so it should be a party atmosphere. Just need to decide on the fancy dress theme now......

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Why is the FA Cup final before the end of the season anyway? Should be at the end....[/quote]Reflecting it''s devalued nature.  "Survival Sunday" is the biggest weekend in football now.

Col Canary - unfortunately ''Greater'' Anglia have scheduled engineering works for that weekend including the Saturday between Shenfield and Liverpool Street, so it''s replacement buses again for anyone wanting the Norwich-London mainline.

Probably easier to go via Cambridge into King''s Cross on this one, given its proximity to the Emirates.

Can''t wait anyway, should be an awesome end of season party atmosphere in the sunshine, and on a geek note will mean I''ll have ticked off all 15 current league grounds within the M25, just got Spurs and Arsenal to go.

How many fans are going to be going to the cup final early on that day on the train to saviour the atmosphere etc from Northern clubs. Could be fun getting a ticket for a train on that day.

[quote user="s10_yellow"]Col Canary - unfortunately ''Greater'' Anglia have scheduled engineering works for that weekend including the Saturday between Shenfield and Liverpool Street, so it''s replacement buses again for anyone wanting the Norwich-London mainline.

Probably easier to go via Cambridge into King''s Cross on this one, given its proximity to the Emirates.

Can''t wait anyway, should be an awesome end of season party atmosphere in the sunshine, and on a geek note will mean I''ll have ticked off all 15 current league grounds within the M25, just got Spurs and Arsenal to go.[/quote]Thanks for the heads up s10. Unfortunately, being based in Colchester I have no choice, so looks like the rail/bus or drive for me.No details yet on the Greater Anglia website but the rail works are now shown on the National Rail website.http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruptions/currentAndFuture.html?nojs=true&action=true&txtTravelDate=05%2F05%2F2012&toc=le

An easy one for me, can take one of three bus routes, or walk it in around an hour!  For those getting the train via Cambridge, it''s normally just as quick to get the semi-fast service from Cambridge getting off at Finsbury Park if heading straight to the ground.  Only a 10 minute walk from there.