Sign in to follow this  
NWC

Sunderland Vs Norwich Thread

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Awful half for us. Lambert looks subdued. We lack width. Get Bennett and Pilks on. Half time changes needed I think.[/quote] I don''t understand that either...Crofts and Johnson playing...I was fearing the worst to be truthfull, not because of them, but how were we going to create? ...evidence to be seen...

I know we appear to be second to the ball and losing every loose ball. Sunderland are working really hard and giving us no time on the ball.

But I can''t believe our players wouldn''t work hard; it has to be the system. The diamond isn''t working and has played into their hands because they have good wide men.

We have to go 4-4-2 and get two wingers plus Fox on. Off for me should be Bradley Johnson who has deteriorated since his early form; Crofts who is out of his league at this level and Hoolahan who is being pushed around.

This is the worst I have seen us play for a long time and it''s a combination of formation and inability against a side giving everything for their manager.

Haven''t had a bad game for a while so going to happen eventually.(please don''t play the cup card,please don''t play the cup card,please don''t play the cup card)

Lambert needs to get these players back in focus, as many a City fan knows : Good Cup run equates to bad League formToo much thought about winnable home game against Leicester and onto Quarter FinalNot enough to league survival

[quote user="CJ"]Lambert needs to get these players back in focus, as many a City fan knows : Good Cup run equates to bad League formToo much thought about winnable home game against Leicester and onto Quarter FinalNot enough to league survival[/quote]Nothing to do with that at all

the midfield is looking dreadful, Johnson looks slow and out of sorts, Hoolahan is even worse. I''d make at least 2 changes at half time, maybe even 3, we need a serious turn around to get something from this game. To be fair to Suderland they look a well turned out team, but we should be competing more than this, it''s painful.

They are just playing a high line on us and we can''t cope. Without Fox and no width we have no outlet ball. Lambert will change it but he looks subdued against his mentor. Having said all of that the defence has been shocking; Ayala in particular is all over the place.

Just the game for Pilks and Bennett to come on and change.

If we get a point out of this I really will think PL walks on water.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

But I can''t believe our players wouldn''t work hard; it has to be the system.

[/quote]Watch the replay of the second goal. The scorer is let go by both Johnson and Naughton who gently jog back while Sessegnon runs past them into the box to score.

Jeez, I''ve got a lot of respect for what Lennon has had to go through, but he''s not exactly the world''s most dynamic pundit is he?

Shocking defending again - no one taking their runners. Have to hope for a backlash against Bolton.