Sign in to follow this  
MC Fearfull

F.A cup ticket prices....

I cant help but say the prices for the Leicester game are £25??l??? For adults....... for anyone who is 16 and over its a disgrace!!! An FA cup game?!?!/

Next season it will cost me £25 per game for my season ticket so this is just like adding another game. So those casual fans going to this game is getting in at a season ticket holder rate. Can''t moan at that.

I would be interested if the OP could find cheaper like for like tickets at any of the 5th round grounds.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I would be interested if the OP could find cheaper like for like tickets at any of the 5th round grounds.[/quote]

People not used to getting this far, It will be around £35 for the next round if we get there

[quote user="Newcastle Brown"]I cant help but say the prices for the Leicester game are £25??l??? For adults....... for anyone who is 16 and over its a disgrace!!! An FA cup game?!?!/[/quote]

Don''t go then.

I can only assume it''s because the OP considers the FA Cup to be second rate fare.

I take the opposite view and think we are lucky to get £25. I reckon this game would sell out at £30 or even more.

It was £25 for the last round. Sure Leicester are a league below but this is a round further.

Add to that the fact that this will probably be the cheapest game at Carrow Road this season apart from Burnley and it''s not a bad price to pay.

Given the demand for this they could of charged £30 and still probably sold out.

Davo

Am I right in saying that, because it is a cup game, the opposition have to agree on charges, because they take a fixed percentage of gate fees? If so, then obviously Leicester will spot a potential full house and  push for a decent ticket price.

[quote user="crabbycanary"]Am I right in saying that, because it is a cup game, the opposition have to agree on charges, because they take a fixed percentage of gate fees? If so, then obviously Leicester will spot a potential full house and  push for a decent ticket price.[/quote]

From what I can work out,That was the reason for delay in announcing the price of tickets, the last round was £15. but you can bet your life if we go through to the next round we will be paying close to £40 a ticket. 

[quote user="crabbycanary"]Am I right in saying that, because it is a cup game, the opposition have to agree on charges, because they take a fixed percentage of gate fees? If so, then obviously Leicester will spot a potential full house and  push for a decent ticket price.[/quote]

Yes, you are right.

I persoanlly think it''s a lot for a 5th round tie against Leicester but as everyone has said they know it will be a sell out so they can charge what they like.

Looking at a few of the other ties, I would have thought £20 would have been adequate.

Everton v Blackpool Adults £20

Millwall v Saints Adults £18

Middlesbrough v Sunderland £20

Stevenage v Tottenham Adults £26 ( their one chance to make some money )

One downside of our regular sell out/near sell out crowds is because of the demand exceeding the supply the club know they can push prices as high as they possibly can. £25 for adults for the 5th round of the FA cup against lower League opposition is indeed as high as the club could go. I''m certain if we had 1000''s of empty seats every game then the prices wouldn''t be so high!

Harsh for 16-21YO ST holders used to reduced prices!

I''m sure another £5-£10 will be put on prices if we reach the 6th round and get a home draw. I just hope that if we draw a top team at home the club don''t go any higher than £5-£10 increases cause fans will only go so far!

Many of the comments on here seem to be based on an assumption that a 5th round FA Cup tie against Leicester is some how secondary fare. This is something new for me. I would have thought a 5th rounf FA Cup tie against Leicester is a bigger game than some of the Premier League matches. Victory against Leicester would put us into the quarter finals. It''s huge! A game that could potentially mean much more than some of the up coming league matches against the likes of Wigan and Wolves.

Now Webbo was very harsh saying "don''t go then" but he has a good point. If fans don''t rate the competition and think that £25 is too steep for a game of this magnitude then nobody is forcing them to go. I would much rather the ground packed with fans who buy into the "magic of the cup" and create an atmosphere worthy of a 5th round tie.

I know we''re in hard times but whatever prices were they''d be some fans moaning. Some Fans want to pay less than £100 for a season ticket and less than £10.00 to get in I think. If the club didn''t increase prices gradually over the years and push prices as high as they can when we have the current demand exceeding supply situation then the club would be a lot worse off, certainly a long way from being in the top flight and the moaners would certainly have plenty to crow about then!

I think the season ticket prices are still good and also think £25 for adults and £15 for my bracket, OAP''s is fair for an FA cup 5th round game.

I agree Newcastle Brown!

Surely if your in the 16-21 age bracket and have a 16-21 season ticket the club therefore know your not faking your age after the Gestapo like purge which meant you had to show ID (I had to as well as an OAP!) to get your ST then the club could of made it a £5''er or so cheaper for you guys?

You''ll have to cut back on the Newky Browns then! 

Newcastle Brown said: Its still a lot, I''m 16 and I dont work and if I was half a year younger I would pay £15 less...

I don''t doubt that you think it''s a lot and at your age living in Kent I only got to see my team twice a year if I was lucky. However the age line has to be drawn somewhere and 16 is a bit harsh but realistically the knows that if you can''t afford to go then someone else will be willing to pay for your seat.

I expect this game to be very close to our record attendance.

On the plus side if your a season ticket holder and can''t afford to go you only have to wait an extra week and you''ll be able to see Man Ure and their City scarf''s.

Davo

I know they''ll be someone who''ll pay for Newcastles Brown seat but you''d of thought as a PR exercise the club could of rewarded the 16-21 ST holders for splashing out on ST''s at the start of the season by offering Leicester tickets a £5''er cheaper!

[quote user="Bore Bore Bor"]It''s a business, not a charity.[/quote]Well said.  The prices have been fixed at what looks like a balance between getting a big crowd and making a bit of extra cash for the club.  £25 is not unreasonable for a Premier League side against a Championship side, with the winner going into the quarter finals.  As has been noted elsewhere, it''s less than Stevenage Borough are charging.

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

I agree Newcastle Brown!

Surely if your in the 16-21 age bracket and have a 16-21 season ticket the club therefore know your not faking your age after the Gestapo like purge which meant you had to show ID (I had to as well as an OAP!) to get your ST then the club could of made it a £5''er or so cheaper for you guys?

You''ll have to cut back on the Newky Browns then! 

[/quote]

I take it you mean the "Gestapo like purge" that unearthed over 400 people who were abusing the system and not paying the correct rate for their season ticket.

grantroederdisaster said "I know they''ll be someone who''ll pay for Newcastles Brown seat but you''d of thought as a PR exercise the club could of rewarded the 16-21 ST holders for splashing out on ST''s at the start of the season by offering Leicester tickets a £5''er cheaper!"

If you had of said 16-18 year olds I would of agreed. However I don''t think once you hit 18 a luxury like football should be subsidised as by that point you are either work at Uni or unfortunately you are unemployed. The first could possibly afford a ticket, students already have masses of cheap offers and football is a luxury. As for the unemployed I feel for you I have spent some time out of work a couple of years ago and I know it''s not nice but then if that''s the case I doubt you can afford a ticket any way, I knew I couldn''t.

What you have to remember is that for any other casual ticket there is no 16-21 pricing plan so why should there be for this game just because those who have season tickets in that age bracket get a discount?

£25 is a very reasonable price for football these days, is it overpriced for 90 mins worth of entertainment? Sure but then all top tier sport events are overpriced however people are willing to pay so demand drives up the prices.

The examples CA gave aren''t really a fair comparison. I would be surprised if any of those games she mention sell out apart from the Stevenage one and that''s because they are a smaller club playing a bigger club. We will most likely sell out.

Sorry if this come across harsh but this is the reality of the situation as I see it.

Davo

[ user="TIL 1010"]

I take it you mean the "Gestapo like purge" that unearthed over 400 people who were abusing the system and not paying the correct rate for their season ticket.

Yep their the ones which I fully agree with!