Sign in to follow this  
Butterbean_Canary

POTS this season...

This must be the hardest year ever for us to vote for the player of the season.....

So many players have performed ubove all our expectations...

Ruddy, Holt, Martin, Surman, Whitbread, Tierney, Hoolahan, Pilkington, Johnson, Fox, Morrison, Naughton, and even Lambert! [:P]

With 13 games left there is even time for Jackson, Bennett, Barnett and Drury to put their names in the hat,

I''ve pretty much just names our whole squad.

Who do you think is favorite for it? I can''t imagine everyone will agree with one player.

Simply put, we are the greatest team ever! OTBC

[quote user="Excited Canary"]My top 3 in no order:
Ruddy
Fox
Pilks or Surman [:S]
[/quote]

I''m not saying your list is wrong as it is a compliment to our sqaud as a whole but for me Grant Holt has to be in there somewhere.

I agree with Ruddy and Pilks. And probably Surman too if he keeps his form up. Damn it!! this is too hard this season!

[quote user="Butterbean_Canary"]

[quote user="Excited Canary"]My top 3 in no order:RuddyFoxPilks or Surman [:S][/quote]

I''m not saying your list is wrong as it is a compliment to our sqaud as a whole but for me Grant Holt has to be in there somewhere.

I agree with Ruddy and Pilks. And probably Surman too if he keeps his form up. Damn it!! this is too hard this season!

[/quote]Didn''t put him in purely because he has got it the last 2 seasons and it is someone elses turn [;)] It could be anyone from your first list really and I wouldn''t complain.

It is quite a hard one, and I think it may well be a mixed bag;

Ruddy - proven a lot of people wrong and made a hell of a lot of vital point saving or match winning saves.

Grant Holt - proven people wrong and is still able to score quality goals against the top teams. Performs at is highest at all times.

Pilkington - Has to be out best signing this year, scores goals, sets up goals and probably looks our most composed player at times. Will certainly grow into a huge player in the future.

R. Martin - had a torrid game against Wigan on the opening day, got dropped, then got shoved into the centre half position. Not an easy start to Premier League life, so lets not forget the number of goal saving blocks, tackles and goal line clearances this guy has put in!

Naughton - Started off a bit rocky, but has grown with every game to become a player I think everyone inside Carrow Road would love to sign.

Fox - Shows again why it is important to have a good passer of the ball in the side. Keeping possession is key in this league. Also, surely must be our top assist leader with all those set piece deliveries?!

Morison - Seems to have gone off the boil a bit lately, especially with the form Holt is on, and the performances we have seen from Jackson. But you know he has always got a goal in him, and at the start of the season the 4-5-1 formation worked solely down to the amount of running and effort this lad put in.

Honourable mentions must go to Surman who has been on fire lately, Bradley Johnson for some gritty performances too, and Wes Hoolahan is still a decent threat on his day.

[quote user="Ben "]1.Pilkington 2. Holt 3. Ruddy[/quote]That was my top 3, only difference:

1.Pilks
2.Ruddy
3.Holt

Lambert has changed the system & players so much there are very few constants.

Ruddy has to be up there

Pilkington has been a real threat with goals & creativity but only started 17 games.

Grant Holt just for being Grant Holt has to be up there.

Player of the season imo should go to Holt.   He is the captain of the squad. The squad has done so well and he is the figurehead and talisman.  For me it has to be him.    You can single out any player, including Holt, and they have all contributed to the extent it is difficult to single anyone out.  But he is still the main man.   Ruddy, perhaps would run him close imo - he has saved points for us as much as Holt has got points for us. 

What a great choice to have though when so many are in the running!

For me, Holt and Ruddy are out front by a fair distance.

As Trent says, Pilkington has been effective, especially recently, but player of the whole season, not so sure. Fox has been a crucial player for us, but isn''t the headline grabbing type of player that a centre forward and a keeper can be, so I''d expect him to struggle to win it.

The rest have all been very good at times, but at other times have been rotated after a few off the boil performances. Don''t get me wrong, I think Holt has had some ineffectual performances too, but he has the charisma, work rate and the goals so that people tend to forget the bad spells more easily. And other than perhaps one or two slightly wobbly games (especially early on in the season whilst finding his feet), Ruddy has been very very good.

But I think Holt''s goals might just speak louder than Ruddy and it will go to him for the 3rd time on the bounce - nobody else has ever won it three times in a row have they?