Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Anybody hear from/of Camuldonum?

Doubt he''s sulking. I think he''d be rather pleased to see us where we are. And under the same ownership too. He always did see the advantage of keeping the faith.[:O]

I think it''s a shame he no longer posts. I used to enjoy our exchanges in the small hours[O]

This board is poorer without him.[:''(]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Doubt he''s sulking. I think he''d be rather pleased to see us where we are. And under the same ownership too. He always did see the advantage of keeping the faith.[:O]

I think it''s a shame he no longer posts. I used to enjoy our exchanges in the small hours[O]

This board is poorer without him.[:''(]

[/quote]

Rather than sulking, I suspect he was banned. There were occasional (actually, in truth, quite frequent!) criticisms of Archant that may have been the cause.

He only called it like he saw it Purple. We all do that.

I honestly thought he was ok. He always selected on the Rays Funds threads and when I told him I had too many PUPs for weeks available he immediately told me to give his place to a City fan.

He only called it like he saw it Purple. We all do that.

I honestly thought he was ok. He always selected on the Rays Funds threads and when I told him I had too many PUPs for weeks available he immediately told me to give his place to a City fan.

[/quote]

Not entirely, nutty, in Cam''s case. I have been extremely critical of some of Archant''s journalism (particulaly over Cullumgate) but I always put it down to good old-fashioned incompetence. Cam would occasionally hint at other, darker reasons for the bad journalism. That may have been a straw too far too often for the camel''s back. There is, after all, no reason at all why a company should allow its own website to be used in that way; you can''t, for example, go on to the M&S website and slag off M&S.

But I agree Cam was an asset to this board. I seem to remember he broke the news, much to everyone''s astonishment (and initial disbelief) that we had approached Nigel Worthington to take over in the wake of Roeder''s sacking.

To be fair, alot of posters from the dark era went awol when things turned good, no bad thing. I must have accumulated 90% of my posts under the Grant/Roeder/Gunn era. Now the ship is floating well, I see no reson to overdo it on here. I tend to read and analise more than post. When the sit with the club, I see no reason to post. Camuldonum is in that same bracket I guess.

I am far from the board''s Norris Cole and I know little of what goes on, the cliques and everything and I am often one of the last to find things out, if at all even.  However, I was under the impression that it was common knowledge that Camuldonum was banned from this board.  Furthermore, I was also under the impression that it was common knowledge that Camuldonum was in fact not the journalist he claimed to be?

But, like I say, what do I know[:^)]

I thought it was because he was from ''another'' paper and they had got anoyed at him using this board as a basis of his research... sure i read that somewhere! Was certainly funning during the pantomime villan season of Robbie Cowling!

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

I am far from the board''s Norris Cole and I know little of what goes on, the cliques and everything and I am often one of the last to find things out, if at all even.  However, I was under the impression that it was common knowledge that Camuldonum was banned from this board.  Furthermore, I was also under the impression that it was common knowledge that Camuldonum was in fact not the journalist he claimed to be?

[/quote]

Well now Slim. As someone who is often accused of being part of cliques and circles I wasn''t aware that Cam wasn''t the journalist he claimed to be. But then I don''t get taken in by all of this cliques and circle garbage. I find it''s normally used as a get out clause when a poster has been "owned".

Would you lot like me to email Cam and ask how he is?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]

Well now Slim. As someone who is often accused of being part of cliques and circles I wasn''t aware that Cam wasn''t the journalist he claimed to be. But then I don''t get taken in by all of this cliques and circle garbage. I find it''s normally used as a get out clause when a poster has been "owned".

[/quote]

You seem rather fond of old Camuldo...... ''Cam'' as you call him Nutty.  You are an adult of sane mind (I think[:P]) and it is entirely up to you if you want to contact him and ask him how he is.

I don''t know the bloke from Adam or Camel or anything, and I have no need or want to know how he is, it will have no bearing on my life whatsoever. 

You on the otherhand seem rather fond of the old card and if you are missing him as much as it is coming across on here then you may want to get in touch with ''Cam'', but like I say, it''s entirely your decision as I am sure you know.

What I don''t want is for you to get the ''hump'' over this[;)].

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes please, Nutty. And wish him a Merry Christmas (& commiserations about poor old Lincoln City).

"I was under the impression that it was common knowledge that Camuldonum was banned from this board. Furthermore, I was also under the impression that it was common knowledge that Camuldonum was in fact not the journalist he claimed to be?"

"Really!?!? Ooooooh now there''s a thing"

"But of course I have no need or want to know how he is, it will have no bearing on my life whatsoever." [;)] 

Anyway McBly........

My ol'' buddy Lyphov Riley once brought a camel from one of the locals out in his little tax haven.

He asked the local "is the camel  male or female?"

"Don’t know" says the local, "very hard to sex a camel but if you ever find out can you come back and let us know"

A few days later old Lyphov returns and says "Do you remember that camel you sold me, well it was a male"

"That is amazing" says the local, "how did you tell?"

"Well, I was riding it to the shops the other morning and I passed a queue of people waiting at a bus stop. I distinctly heard one bloke say to the other, would you look at the pr*ck on that camel !"

Email sent BTW Ron.

I seem to remember W8WBA giving a resume of his day when Wolves played at Carrow Road (I think in their Championship winning season).He was crowing about how Wolves were sweeping all before them then didn''t we go and beat them.

Even so I liked his input on this board. An outsiders perspective is sometimes nice.

"I was under the impression that it was common knowledge that Camuldonum was banned from this board. Furthermore, I was also under the impression that it was common knowledge that Camuldonum was in fact not the journalist he claimed to be?"

"Really!?!? Ooooooh now there''s a thing"

"But of course I have no need or want to know how he is, it will have no bearing on my life whatsoever." [;)] 

Anyway McBly........

My ol'' buddy Lyphov Riley once brought a camel from one of the locals out in his little tax haven.

He asked the local "is the camel  male or female?"

"Don’t know" says the local, "very hard to sex a camel but if you ever find out can you come back and let us know"

A few days later old Lyphov returns and says "Do you remember that camel you sold me, well it was a male"

"That is amazing" says the local, "how did you tell?"

"Well, I was riding it to the shops the other morning and I passed a queue of people waiting at a bus stop. I distinctly heard one bloke say to the other, would you look at the pr*ck on that camel !"

Email sent BTW Ron.

[/quote]

[IMG]http://www.bbc.co.uk/somerset/content/images/2007/07/27/howerd_470x350.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.ljplus.ru/img4/m/a/maciavelli/Camel_menthol_nuttyjpg.jpg[/IMG]

[;)]

The time has come, the Walrus said, to talk of many things.  Of shoes and ships and sealing wax, of cabbages, and kings.

Here comes the hurdy gurdy man, he''s singing songs of love.

One love.

Cameldung joined and as a decent U''s/Lincoln fan with some interesting points and an all round fairness,sadly as time went on he invented his journo story along with her upstairs. He later just became more bitter towards archant and his late night drunken ramblings more incoherent. I for one have no interest in him returning.

[quote user="IncH HigH"]Cameldung joined and as a decent U''s/Lincoln fan with some interesting points and an all round fairness,sadly as time went on he invented his journo story along with her upstairs. He later just became more bitter towards archant and his late night drunken ramblings more incoherent. I for one have no interest in him returning.[/quote]

I think he finally lost his credibility on the day Holt came for his medical. Shrewsbury had left him out of their squad and the board was buzzing with speculation that he was signing for us. Cam then posted a long story of how he had had a long chat with the Shrews press officer and could categorically confirm that the story was false. Epic fail.

[quote user="IncH HigH"]Cameldung joined and as a decent U''s/Lincoln fan with some interesting points and an all round fairness,sadly as time went on he invented his journo story along with her upstairs. He later just became more bitter towards archant and his late night drunken ramblings more incoherent. I for one have no interest in him returning.[/quote]

Ah, I didn''t know that had been definitely established. He certainly worked very hard on this fake persona, if that is the case. And I thought from time to time there were distinct touches of verisimilitude. But I get easily bamboozled nowadays. Actually, leaving that aside, I rather miss his late-night musings, alcohol-fuelled or otherwise, on Russian composers.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

I think he finally lost his credibility on the day Holt came for his medical. Shrewsbury had left him out of their squad and the board was buzzing with speculation that he was signing for us. Cam then posted a long story of how he had had a long chat with the Shrews press officer and could categorically confirm that the story was false. Epic fail.

[/quote]

I had started to think I was going mad there for a minute, but at least 2 other credible posters remember it this way.  The Holt thing had slipped my mind though......

It''s funny how people remember things in different ways. I don''t remember Cam categorically stating anything. He used to post his opinion as his opinion, facts as facts and rumour as rumour. A refreshing change from those who post rumour as FACT!

I think the thread Beaus was talking about was this :

Camuldonum wrote:

For what it''s worth Shrewsbury are saying he was left limping in training and they won''t risk him. It''s the second time his ankle has played up since he returned to training - they pulled him out of a local friendly for the same reason.

The club are insisting that you have not yet asked their permission to speak to him. It may well be that you plan to do so but they are saying you have not done so far. They also say they have not had an approach from Notts County - a rumour that is also doing the rounds.

I would point out that when they were asked about Colchester''s approach they confirmed it immediately and said the club had been told Holt is not for sale. For the record the Chairman/Owner says he would not even consider any approach under around £400k - roughly double what they paid for him.

It is possible, of course, that Shrewsbury are keeping it under wraps but they are normally very, very open and straightforward.

Fair enough Cam, but did you not post this afternoon that you''d spoken to their press officer who told you that he was due to take some part in their game tonight? I have been very sceptical about this all day, but I''m starting to believe that something''s going on.

@RobinINCSC on Twitter

Posts like this were informative. OK I agree that if you had the time you could google all the news sites and come up with the same information. But it was handy having someone do that for you even if he was a fake, which I don''t believe was ever proved. Journos only have access to iunformation out there. They are not privvy to everything else.