Sign in to follow this  
Scottlarock

- Strange regarding Wilbraham and Crofts...to Ipswich??!!

TWTD is a strange place made even stranger by this headline saying Wilbraham is on his way and they have the audacity to think that Crofts would even consider it.

http://www.twtd.co.uk/news.php?storyid=19898&title=town_eyeing_norwich_striker#comm

They are in deep trouble

Looks like the TWTD forum is less than impressed with the Wilbraham story.That forum is looking like a slightly more civilised WACCOE right now. Can''t have a lot of sympathy as how they chortled just a couple of years ago when they had '' Mr Moneybags '' Evans on board and we were in the s*it.Incidentally someone on there has helpfully posted up the picture of Mr Evans that appeared on here some months ago. At least they can put it on a dartboard......

Be easier for Wilbraham to just jump ont he train cause afterall the Norwich - London Liverpool St line passes close to Carrow Road and Portakabin Road!

Seriously I''d suggest that some mischievious Canary fan has been having a laugh on the legendary TWTD''s!

Stop slating Wilbers. Go watch a reserve match, the guy is quality and deserves his chance here

[quote user="AJ Wizard"]Stop slating Wilbers. Go watch a reserve match, the guy is quality and deserves his chance here[/quote]

I''d love to, but I couldn''t get a ticket cos of all the scouts from all the big clubs in the PL and around Europe were there watching him play[:(]

Why oh why do people think it''s ok to disrespect one of our players?  Don''t you support what our manager is doing? Has he not proved himself to you yet?   Do you not trust his judgement?   Why would any Norwich supporter disrespect any of our players given what they have achieved and are achieving? 

He is in a successful squad - there is bound to be a pecking order - I just think he''s an easy target.   If he was given a start or comes on as a sub - he would not let us down.     People just seem to pick on him - mainly because they like to have someone to pick on.   As I said before PL bought him in to do a job - I would have no doubt he is  doing what PL bought him for - whether in the team or part of the squad.

Would happily take anything 1p5wich or anyone else offered for Wilbraham - OK he did alright today (although still a way off Holt, Morison and Jackson''s performances) and scores goals for the reserves, but does anyone seriously think he''s up to Premiership standard? With his contract ending in the summer, we''re unlikely to get anything for him, so yeah I''d bite the binners'' hand off if they offered 75k!

and you are a cretinfor my part I trust Lambert and the coaching staff to get him up to what we needif they didn''t think they could he would have been long gone......... something I''m sure City fans on here wish about you

[quote user="City1st"]and you are a cretin[/quote]

Thankyou. It''s always nice to see intelligent commentary on here.

[quote user="City1st"]for my part I trust Lambert and the coaching staff to get him up to what we needif they didn''t think they could he would have been long gone[/quote] Yes, of course working with Lambert and the coaching staff is likely to improve his game. But what''s the point? He''s clearly at the bottom of the pecking order in Lambert''s mind, otherwise he would play more games. It''s a matter of record that he''s not as good as Holt, Morison or Jackson. If Vaughan gets back to fitness, or if we sign another striker, Wilbraham isn''t likely even to make the bench. His contract is up in the summer. He''s unlikely to stick around, in which case we''ll get nothing for him. Does it not make more sense to sell him now, if we are offered money for him, and give more opportunities to younger players who have a long-term future with the club?

[quote user="City1st"]......... something I''m sure City fans on here wish about you[/quote] Grow up.

Sorry LCD but he is crap. He is an average league one striker . One goal in 4 games for mk dons. Why he makes the bench every game I don''t know. I think its because we only signed him a year ago. He will be gone this month if not in the summer. Reserve football means Feck all.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="Largey24"]And I''d personally drive there to bring him back here![/quote]

Then I''d personally drive him back to Ipswich!!

[/quote]Oh no, you don''t!

[quote user="andyc24_uk"]Would happily take anything 1p5wich or anyone else offered for Wilbraham - OK he did alright today (although still a way off Holt, Morison and Jackson''s performances) and scores goals for the reserves, but does anyone seriously think he''s up to Premiership standard? With his contract ending in the summer, we''re unlikely to get anything for him, so yeah I''d bite the binners'' hand off if they offered 75k![/quote]Or a swap deal for Priskin?

Looked very sharp when he came on yesterday I thought. Scores a few for the ressies as well, so let''s just see what he could do if we needed him I say.

Still people don''t get it.    We have a successful squad.    Each member of that squad is doing a job.  Each and every member of that squad would not let us down if called on.      Why do we have to have someone to pick on?    Wilbraham (or whoever it happens to be today),  there are always people who can''t accept the truth.     The squad is the squad.   There will be within that squad better and lesser players.   You can''t have a squad of 25 messi''s.     

Lay off Wilbraham - he did ok yesterday - obviously a good squad member - or he wouldn''t be here!!!    

[quote user="lake district canary"]

Why oh why do people think it''s ok to disrespect one of our players?  Don''t you support what our manager is doing? Has he not proved himself to you yet?   Do you not trust his judgement?   Why would any Norwich supporter disrespect any of our players given what they have achieved and are achieving? 

[/quote].....totally agree, posted a comment a couple of weeks ago mentioning the fact that we are SUPPORTERS. i think the clue is in that word. if you support city you support lambert. if you support lambert you support his players.

"Thankyou. It''s always nice to see intelligent commentary on here"

the post was in response to the idiot comment by pervemeister boy yours, but the quote button failedback to cut and paste, far easier and more effective

Ive heard a few times that Wilbraham is a joker within the squad, one of the main characters for banter and wind up''s, so i think Lambert realises any squad needs a balance to it.... just ask Worthy what his biggest downfall was on our promotion to the Prem last time around,, letting Malky and Iwan go, the heart and soul of our squad.

I know Wilbraham isn''t world class but if his all round ability helps keep the squad bubbling along off the pitch then he fully deserves a place in our 25, for this season at least.