Sign in to follow this  
Buncey

The Snakepit are Idiots!

According to The Guardian...http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/dec/27/norwich-city-tottenham-hotspur-premier-league"Then, a lightning, trademark break from Tottenham, instigated by Modric,

allowed Bale a free run on Ruddy. He accepted it with relish, drew the

goalkeeper from his line and delicately dinked the ball over him. For

once, thankfully, the idiots in the Snakepit fell quiet."

[quote user="shefcanary"]

They''re all Murdoch loving Scum readers?  Smudger will love this!!!!

[/quote]

He used to be one.

"the idiots in the snakepit" is not the same thing as "The Snakepit are idiots" though, is it?Can''t be denied however that there are a sizeable number of knuckle dragging single figure IQ f*cktards in the Snake Pit.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]"the idiots in the snakepit" is not the same thing as "The Snakepit are idiots" though, is it?Can''t be denied however that there are a sizeable number of knuckle dragging single figure IQ f*cktards in the Snake Pit.[/quote]Semantics Chops. It was a pretty universal chant. For the record I thought it was rather humorous, the first time.

Those idiots are mostly a young element who think they are the next set of Norwich Hooligans. They cause more hassle than anyone with their inane chanting and at times racist comments.

It would be good if the Stewards actually did something about it rather than just keep saying sit down. I enjoy sitting in the snakepit as the atmosphere is better than in most parts of the ground.

The guardian were right to report the moronic cheering and monkey noises they have no place in football, I love the chanting and banter but last night the moronic children really pissed me off

[quote user="tubby65"]

Those idiots are mostly a young element who think they are the next set of Norwich Hooligans. They cause more hassle than anyone with their inane chanting and at times racist comments.

It would be good if the Stewards actually did something about it rather than just keep saying sit down. I enjoy sitting in the snakepit as the atmosphere is better than in most parts of the ground.

The guardian were right to report the moronic cheering and monkey noises they have no place in football, I love the chanting and banter but last night the moronic children really pissed me off

[/quote]You do realise the chimp chant was sung in the barclay too....

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]

[quote user="hogesar"]If you rely on the Guardian for accurate analysis of anything (other than Trade Union internal in-fighting and how to give 3rd world families a goat for Christmas) then we''re doomed.[/quote]

Corrected.

[/quote]As you were.

They should be given a goat. Then they can sell the goat to Nasa for something better. Like a Twister board game. That would be more entertaining than a goat in space...[IMG]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_NJNTvmgKqn4/TS4uSQX_gNI/AAAAAAAAADU/jC9rBLyjbKA/s1600/spacegoat_stripeyralph.jpg[/IMG]

Although, then again...[IMG]http://www.demotivationalposters.org/image/demotivational-poster/small/1109/goats-goats-twister-statues-games-funny-demotivational-posters-1315103905.jpg[/IMG]

[quote user="Kathy "]Oh well, at least we know they could hear us.[/quote]

Think the Snakepit should be renamed DAS KINDER GARTEN .

"""It was sang in the Barclay, i dont see anything wrong with the chant.

If he was coloured then yes there would be."""

Okaaay so -

Laughing at a white persons ears is vey funny, bananas thrown on the pitch at the big eared white person - even funnier!!

Yet

Laughing at a black persons ears is very racist?

I watched a game on ESPN classic, Norwich - Southampton from 92/93 season I think and the snakepit area was completely empty. Must have been about 15000 there that day.

When did snakepit start getting full up and when did it start to get reputation it now does. And how did all the like minded people end up in the same area (where did they come from?). I have to say I''m a fan of it and the Barclay and think it adds to the atmosphere at Carrow Road and the success we''ve had.

The Thorpe corner infill, now better known as the snakepit, was built in the mid 90''s in order to accomodate a police control room and radio/tv room. It certainly wasn''t built because we needed the extra capacity at the time, although in recent years the capacity has come in handy as out crowds have increased.

For the 1st 6-7 years of its existance the Snakepit was rarely filled by fans but when the crowds started getting bigger then quite a lot of 30 year old plus ex Barclay standers started using it and it was christened the snakepit and became a hardcore alternative to the Barclay!

Yes its a mark of the current world we live in that its mildly acceptable for a white player to be chanted with monkey chants while doing the same thing to a black player would result in criminal charges for rascism!

I think monkey chants is too sensitive an area to be doing, to white or black.  As a previous poster has said, if Bale was black and monkey chants were heard, there would be serious repercussions.

Stay away from the monkey chants - if you''re not old enough  to remember the issues - you need to wise up and find out why. 

What is the difference - if you make monkey chants to a black person  or white?  You are making the same insult about a person''s looks either way - after all, the way a person looks is down to their family history - white or black............

Are we making too much of this perhaps?Is this any more offensive than chanting to Conor Wickam about f***ing his mum?And both are small potatoes compared to some of the stuff I have heard at other grounds.Fact is, it was funny, because he does look like a monkey.

The majority of people in the snakepit aren''t youngsters tubby, there has been a disruptive element of them in there for the last couple of seasons but the club seems to have suspended tickets or banned a lot of them in recent months.

Personally I''m approaching 50 and I used to be in the Barclay when it was terracing, I now go in the snakepit as IMO there are to many in the Barclay who are there for the atmosphere but don''t want to add to it.

Also IMO there is nothing wrong with a bit of baiting rival fans, players and match officials as we did with Bale, I can''t see how it''s any different to calling a player/fan/ref a fat bar steward (that''s something that could also be aimed at me) if the chimp chant had been aimed at a black player that would be different, racism has no part in modern football.

dont think the chant is terribly bad but bale certainly had the last laugh, there are a few players you dont want to wind up, bale is probably one of them. Fair play to him giving the stick back aswell.

Do people think there is such a thing as White Racism? If so, what examples of it do people think goes on? Or is Racism deemed only for the ''minorities'', because of the numbers involved?

Are there more ''black'' people in this World than whites? 

The monkey chants at Bale the other night wern''t nothing to do with being rascist, more the fact that his face looks like he wouldn''t need much of a makeover to get a part in the next planet of the apes film!

Ips*it fans used to have a song about Earnshaw looking like an alien but was that rascist!

Nothing wrong with a bit of banter at a football match, as long as it''s not racist or homophobic. Many footballers over the years have received abuse for their unusual physical attributes. Micky Quinn (Sumo) used to lap it up (but he did have a sense of humour, which helps). Once at Upton Park a cheeky cockney chappy threw a meat pie at him as he was waiting for a corner, so he paused and took a few bites out of it before the ball came over, which went down well with the crowd. Talk about playing to the gallery!

blimey, mountain out of a molehillI''ve heard some Norwich fans have called Holt a horse. Nothing short of disgraceful, and away fans have called him fat too. should be banned.Did you know some fans referred to Shaun Goater as the goat? It''s because of a similarity in his name. Racists.And Norwich fans have been known to call Kevin Muscat a C**t. Ridiculous, anyone can see that literally isn''t the case.