Sign in to follow this  
Emsworth Canary

Half time entertainment

Is it just me, or is the crossbar challenge just a tad naff, bearing in mind we are now in the Premiership? I see to recall the last time we were up here it was bit better!

How about The Royal British Legion Brass Band[:^)]

I remember the old boys in the main stand having a whale of a time stomping to the music[<:o)]

I reckon Tilly likes a good stomp[:P]

Bring back that nice lady who did the community singing, her version of ''Cmon lets be avin U'' was lovely.

QPR used to get a few fans on the half way line, head on top of a broom handle and go round it to get them dizzy, then stagger to the penalty spot and try to score. That was quite funny ( honestly, perhaps you had to be there )

[quote user="marvin the martian"]QPR used to get a few fans on the half way line, head on top of a broom handle and go round it to get them dizzy, then stagger to the penalty spot and try to score. That was quite funny ( honestly, perhaps you had to be there )[/quote]Now that sound''s like a good laugh.

[quote user="marvin the martian"]QPR used to get a few fans on the half way line, head on top of a broom handle and go round it to get them dizzy, then stagger to the penalty spot and try to score. That was quite funny ( honestly, perhaps you had to be there )[/quote]

This would be incredible!

The only half time entertainment I get is speculating on how they get the lager to taste that bad.

I think we should get binner fans out at half time under the notion / slogan of " I will do ANYTHING to be in the Premierleague" The idea behind it is said binner fans can degrade themselves in one of the goal mouths to everyones enjoyment. Jokes aside, I do agree, the cross bar challenge is pretty crappy.Funnier when you get the nippers out to do it though, or how about OAP cross bar challenge ? Im bored of the usual half cut / sunday league pros stepping out every week , i generally use half time to read the programme.

Millwall two years ago was brilliant.

They had a group of young millwall fans race in a relay competition with a group of young norwich fans, 3 times around the pitch.

It was brilliant!! People getting behind their teams and the kids that follow the team. It took a while so half time went very quickly and it was surprisingly even as the entrants were very small to about the age of 10.

Will never compete on the american half time shows (and I don;t mean just at superbowls). Afraid only there will every fan be given free t shirts, whole blocks be given free pizzas when they drop into a local papa johns or any other pizza establishment, following that game.

Afraid we just aren''t about keeping people in seats at half time, they aren''t spending money.

But seriously the half time run around was brilliant. Cross bar challenge has had its day.

[quote user="barclaystand"][quote user="marvin the martian"]QPR used to get a few fans on the half way line, head on top of a broom handle and go round it to get them dizzy, then stagger to the penalty spot and try to score. That was quite funny ( honestly, perhaps you had to be there )[/quote]
Now that sound''s like a good laugh.
[/quote]

Here''s the Naaarthern version....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJR54CWdVOc

Sorry about the language SDP but the bald headed b****** did have his back to him[:''(]

Why ever would you want fans to stay in the stands at half time when they can be making the club money in the bar? Therefore really the ht entertainment is for the kids and the kids love the crossbar challenge and there is little legal paper for it to happen that''s why they do it