Sign in to follow this  
Mungo Bumpkin

Surman

Good player, but lacks strength and doesn''t have the speed to negate that problem in most cases.

Could probably settle down and be part of a good side, but i think he would need time, which we don''t really have..

I have never rated him, from the time he came in! Everyone got excited about him but that was because of what he had done in the past. He didn''t do it in the championship and this season could be his last with unless he really impresses. Although lambert muct see something nnhm to pick him week in week out. I think he will just journey throughh the championship for most of his career!

In a five man midfield he could work or the new fangled 4-3-3 system but the forwards come back to defend.

For arguements sake with our current players;

EB, Crofts, Johnson, Surman, Pilkington

I think that could work for him. I don''t think he can play left midfield in a four man midfield, he just gets stretched and becomes a little ineffective.

His late runs into the box however do find him in good positions so he is a valuable player. I agree with better players around him he would be very much involved. His best came out last season when Lansbury was in the team.

But we are in a good fight for this 17th place so a bit part player. But certainly has a role and after this season may have even more of a role if we play the more attacking 4-3-3 role.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]I have never rated him, from the time he came in! Everyone got excited about him but that was because of what he had done in the past.[/quote][quote user="I am a Banana - June 2010 - Surman thread"]fantastic signing, seems to have potential![/quote][quote user="I am a Banana - June 2010 - Surman thread"]500k is a bargain!![/quote][:|]

The quality of his touch, passing and composure in front of goal means he''ll definitely have a part to play this season. Agreed not from the wing as he''s simply not that sort of player but his all round play negates his lack of pace and he could score a few goals this season if lambert can find the right position for him

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="I am a Banana"]I have never rated him, from the time he came in! Everyone got excited about him but that was because of what he had done in the past.[/quote]

[quote user="I am a Banana - June 2010 - Surman thread"]fantastic signing, seems to have potential![/quote]

[quote user="I am a Banana - June 2010 - Surman thread"]500k is a bargain!![/quote]

[:|]
[/quote]

Quality. 

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="I am a Banana"]I have never rated him, from the time he came in! Everyone got excited about him but that was because of what he had done in the past.[/quote][quote user="I am a Banana - June 2010 - Surman thread"]fantastic signing, seems to have potential![/quote][quote user="I am a Banana - June 2010 - Surman thread"]500k is a bargain!![/quote][:|][/quote]Brilliant! [:D]

He lacks pace and does disappear from vie too often, but defensively he works hard and keep a shape, while his passing is accurate and swift.

He needs to up his game from the one against west brom - but the core is there to have a real impact for us this season

He has not looked that good this season, seemed to do well end of last.Have to wait and see, early days. People getting way to caught up after 4 games tbh.

[quote user="morrisons black eye"]O Dear poor old Surman , he has become the new Doherty .
[/quote]

I think you will find Chris Martin is already[;)]

[quote user="Herman "]

[quote user="morrisons black eye"]O Dear poor old Surman , he has become the new Doherty .[/quote]

[/quote]Yeh the Beccles Beast took the mantle from Dobbin weeks neigh ( snigger snigger) months ago !Surman is well down the pecking order !

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Herman "]

[quote user="morrisons black eye"]O Dear poor old Surman , he has become the new Doherty .
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeh the Beccles Beast took the mantle from Dobbin weeks neigh ( snigger snigger) months ago !
Surman is well down the pecking order !
[/quote]

[:D]

Ruddy was top of the ''Doherty list'' but was quickly replaced by Martin.De Laet is slowly heading upwards

Yeah I think we need a "Top of the Flops" thread.Would be quite funny to see the movers and the shakersLike you said, dropping 3 spots.... John RuddyLast weeks shock entry has now raised 3 spots..Richie De Laet

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Yeah I think we need a "Top of the Flops" thread.
Would be quite funny to see the movers and the shakers

Like you said, dropping 3 spots.... John Ruddy

Last weeks shock entry has now raised 3 spots..Richie De Laet
[/quote]

Barnett will be up there if he does that again[:@][;)]