Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays Funds For FONCY With The Pink Un Pickers (PUPs)

Great news Nutty! I''ll certainly be in again this year. I''ll Paypal you some funds if the muppets let me in. They seem to have an occasional problem with dessert IP addresses. Stick me down for any weekend apart from Oct 29th as I will be home and spending all my energy trying to persuade ''er indoors to let me go to the match!

Perhaps you should pay during the main course or starter Scoobs!

Beau, I was kinda hoping nobody would notice the schoolboy error.

And Nutty! I did ask for any weekend APART FROM 29th October, as I will be busy. Choosing my picks gives me something exciting to do out here in Boredomsville.

[quote user="Scooby"] And Nutty! I did ask for any weekend APART FROM 29th October, as I will be busy. Choosing my picks gives me something exciting to do out here in Boredomsville.[/quote]

One word from you and I do as I like Scooby!!! [:)]

Now I remember that you hit the ground running last season and got us our first win in August. Bearing this in mind, and the fact that it''s over a year since I have been able to call on your talents, could you make the selections in a couple of weeks, 17th Sept?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Scooby"] And Nutty! I did ask for any weekend APART FROM 29th October, as I will be busy. Choosing my picks gives me something exciting to do out here in Boredomsville.[/quote]

One word from you and I do as I like Scooby!!! [:)]

Cor blimey, you don''t ask for much do you? Well, as it''s you, and you asked sooooo nicely....... go on then. I''ll give it my best shot.

Now I remember that you hit the ground running last season and got us our first win in August. Bearing this in mind, and the fact that it''s over a year since I have been able to call on your talents, could you make the selections in a couple of weeks, 17th Sept?

[/quote]

Brilliant Scooby and thank you [Y]

So we now have the rota for September :-

Weekend Sept. 10th - Ginger Pele

Weekend Sept. 17th - Scooby

Weekend Sept. 24th - NCFCStar

That looks a formidable line up to me[Y]

Get in, brilliant news! I can''t wait, been looking forward to PUPs this year as much as Norwich being back in the big time! Well done & thank you Nutty for all your hard work. I will get my mum (she is the only one with paypal) to stick in a tenner to the kitty when we''re back home on Sunday night. Will do my house chores to earn the money [;)] More than worth it! [:)]

I''ll give my tenner to you or Duncan in the Nelson. Although I''m in the championship this season I will be ready with my legendary naps.

Really looking forward to picking the winners in the first week :) Already been checking out the fixtures, making some guesses as to whom people will be picking them selves, and hopefully i can get the right six and start the season with a bang for the Pups.

I can''t imagine this ever really dyeing off, if you think about it, its quite a small time operation, only 70 or so people contributing to the threads, out of 26,000+ Norwich fans. Its nice how it is, its a great thing that the wonderful Arrdee started off and Nutty and others have done so well keeping it going aver since, its all to help the NCFC academy so is great all round :)

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Really looking forward to picking the winners in the first week :) Already been checking out the fixtures, making some guesses as to whom people will be picking them selves, and hopefully i can get the right six and start the season with a bang for the Pups.

I can''t imagine this ever really dyeing off, if you think about it, its quite a small time operation, only 70 or so people contributing to the threads, out of 26,000+ Norwich fans. Its nice how it is, its a great thing that the wonderful Arrdee started off and Nutty and others have done so well keeping it going aver since, its all to help the NCFC academy so is great all round :)[/quote]Well said GP, what a community, and for all the bickering on this forum it''s great that we all pull together on threads such as these.  Without Arrdee, and of course Nutty continuing his ''legacy'', this forum would be a poorer place.

It''s never a chore to do this. Doing this with Arrdee was a really special time for me. I have great memories and this keeps those memories alive.

There''s a thread a little way below this that someone resurrected from 2007. It''s a great thread where posters share their memories of following City years ago. Ray posted on that about the songs he started in the Barclay. He always told the tale about when we signed Alan Black after selling Ron Davies. At the time Los Lobos had a big hit with Black Is Black..... 

[quote user="arrdee"]Yep great post Wiz you lovely old boy , i remember starting most of the songs in the Barclay as i was an avid pop fan in the 60s N M E , pirate radio and all ,Radio London,  my fav D J was Dave Denis swings , i would try to  put words to the top songs at the time, i think my biggest hit at that time, lol , was after we signed Alan Black, we had just sold Ron Davis , i came up with " Black is Black I want Ron Davis back its grey its grey since he went a way boo hoo what can i do cause i-i-i-i-i i am feeling blue  " the fans around me picked  it up at once and it    rocked the rafters of the Barcley  all match , it was like a thanks to big Ron , as we never had a chance to say bye , i think it was a group from abroard that done it Los something but perhaps someone remembers , my next big hit (still lol )was the Manfred mann ,"come all without come all within you aint see nothing like John Manning " I didn''t like Manning to much but that was the only name i could find fitted in with the "Mighty Quinn" I take no credit for "Jimmy  Bone super star how many goals have you scored so far"as every team had  done it, you only had to change the name , but Jimmy would always acknowledge us ,some songs  i came up with  were dire and died a death , some were just simple crap ,  this all stopped when i took Ruth to the matches my girl at the time now my wife , i liked to stand towards the back of the Barclay but Ruth had this thing about K.K, so we had to stand near the Goal , i use to say "what are you looking at ? i am twice as good looking as him " " i know you are arrdee but i can still look can''t i " funny creatures these women. [:D][;)]  arrdee[/quote]

The last time I saw Ray I gave him a pictorial reminder of this story. Christmas 2008 and he''d just come out of hospital but stopped off to see me on his way home to make sure I got the turkey he''d promised me.

Ray was pleased with this. Unfortunately he only had a few weeks to see it.

So you see it''s really not a chore. We do this for us and in memory of our great friend. Us PUPs are Ray''s legacy and we owe it to ourselves to ensure we carry on.

Hi Nutty, Having a few problems with the links on the first page lol for some reason when I click on both it say my email client isn''t set up correctly???? Didn''t know I had an email client or even what one is????? Any chance you could pm me your address that way I can get a cheque for a score in the post asap? Just saw that I managed to scrape into the top 40 last season (my worst season ever) so really looking forward to having a crack this season after not having picked in the last 2 seasons with giving my place up and the BT home hub incident. The £20 will cover my picks and then the picks of someone that maybe cant afford it or perhaps one of our many student followers that would rather spend their money on cheep cider and roll ups but I shall leave it in your capable hands as to who gets the nod. Keep up the good work mate and i''m looking forward to getting my name up with the others at long last

PM sent and thanks so much for that Devon. You generosity epitomises the spirit that prevails on this thread.

Brings me to another point though. It''s not just those of us who have contributed who can take part this season. These threads are open to everyone and the only requirement is to post a selection on the threads. I expect we will get new PUPs during the season, we always do, and they can send a donation when and if they want to or even leave that ''til next season. Rays Funds is neither a closed shop or a clique. All City Fans are welcome at all times.

SWP - Sorry aboput 17th but I needed September covered quickly.What''s 01/10 like for you?

I''d very much like to be involved this year, I will try to remember to put a selection in here every week. Good luck one and all!

If I promise to cough up in the week can I play please-

Hi all by the way-

Hopefully this will let me post - been trying for weeks with no luck. Either way great news to hear we are back in play. NN - As per my facebook message, if you could send your address I will send a crips £10 note over.

Hi Trent.. good to have you back onboard[Y]

I sent you a message on facebook a couple days ago. Check if it''s there, if not get back in touch and I''ll post the details on thye PUPs group page.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Great to see some more PUPs signing in[Y]

[/quote]

It certainly is great to see so many people returning for the pups thread, one of very few threads on here nowadays which doesn''t end in slanging matches and which means something to people.

Thanks Nutty for your hard work in keeping it going this year for us pups and for Arrdee.[:)]

It''s all looking good now PUPs[Y] The promises and donations have not stopped coming in. We have passed the £400 in promises and already have £195 in the bank.

I''ll be back tomorrow with the first thread of the new season.

If there are other posters looking in thinking it''s not for you then you couldn''t be anymore wrong. These threads are open to all City fans. Here''s a brief explaination of how it works : -

The Pink Un Message Board''s Rays Funds For FONCY Thread: -

These threads were set up by my good friend Ray Ducker (Arrdee) to raise money for the Academy. There’s a new thread every week where Pink Un Pickers (PUPs) from all over the world unite to try and get a winning line of six correct results from the weekends football fixtures.

How It Works : -

Every Wednesday during the season I start the new weeks thread. The ''Pink Un Pickers'' (PUPs) then select their ''nap bet'' for the weekends football fixtures. On the Friday evening the nominated picker from our PUPs rota selects 6 results from the weeks picks. I then place the bet and post the bet and the odds on here by the Saturday lunchtime.

Have we won? : -

So far there have been 25 winning weeks and the World Cup win in which we have won £1298 for the academy. There have been plenty of near misses too and the ''Pink Un Pickers'' have had a lot of fun trying.

Want To Take Part? : -

Just register with the Pink Un Message Board and post your very best selection on the thread. It''s as simple as that.