Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

25 man squad submission....one empty place?!

I believe it is tomorrow that this must be submitted?. I also believe that if a club has a player on their books who is eligible to be included in this he MUST be named (i.e Olly Johnson) rather name a squad short of numbers.

Including Johnson our squad of over 25''s now stands at 24 players.

I wonder therefore what the significance might be of releasing Hughes from his contract before the the transfer deadline as any club who still has availble spaces in their squad is still able to sign out of contract players.

Could this have been done in time to leave a space free for an emergency GK or maybe a defender ,if our injury curse continues??

Fairly sure that you don''t have put player in your squad just because he is on your books. So may just be a coincidence. Johnson hasn''t even been given a number this season so he won''t be appearing in our squad. So should be a little room for extra signings on loan

[quote user="anonamoose"]Fairly sure that you don''t have put player in your squad just because he is on your books. So may just be a coincidence. Johnson hasn''t even been given a number this season so he won''t be appearing in our squad. So should be a little room for extra signings on loan
[/quote]

Except we''ve already got 2 on loan, and in the Premier League, any more is not allowed.

The only way we can get new players into the squad before Jan is if they''re currently unattached.

Isn''t that rule a max of 2 loanees from within the premier league itself, but can have more from outside it?

[quote user="Nolly"]Isn''t that rule a max of 2 loanees from within the premier league itself, but can have more from outside it?[/quote]

Actually, you might be right.

However, I also think that Premier league clubs are not able to loan players outside of the Transfer Windows.

I may be wrong on that one as well though. Someone who knows more than I do may be able to put me right.

James Beattie anyone? I know he''s not the player he was but I''m sure PL can sort that one out as he used to be class...and he''s a free agent now.

something tells me we need another centre back more urgently.

The limit of 2 loan players is just that - not from other prem clubs. The only way to sign any player until 1st Jan is by signing a player who does not currently have a contract with another club - or an emergency short term loan should ruddy rudd both be available.

The 25 is a limit - we can not use more than 25 players over a certain age - there is no compulsion in the rules to fill all 25 places. I think the players without numbers know that they are not part of PLs PL plans.

I think we have a balanced squad and will only add once we understand each area capabilities come Jan.

COYY

From how I see it, we can sign a player on a free transfer but it must be completed by 5pm today which is when the 25 man squad must be submitted by. Any free transfer signing after this point will not be able to play until January

I believe the rules are:You don''t have to fill all 25 spaces, but you can''t not include any over age professional on the books of the club if you have spare spaces - so Oli J will be included.We can''t sign anyone from another club on a free transfer after the deadline, but we can sign a player who is not contracted to another club (but I have a feeling there is a deadline for this as well, and ooh ahh etc may be right that it''s by 5pm today)We can''t loan more than 2 players, so we have our lot there.

Isn''t it you just name the people who are going to play on the list? I.e. if Oli is definitely not going to be used Lambert won''t name him. Hopefully causing a number of teams to come in for him on loan.

If you have a player contracted to you and a space in the 25 then surely it is extremely short sighted & a bit vindictive if you don''t name him. I would def rather see Oli on the bench in an injury crisis than say Dawkin or Dromola

[quote user="steakbearnaise"]I believe the rules are:You don''t have to fill all 25 spaces, but you can''t not include any over age professional on the books of the club if you have spare spaces - so Oli J will be included.We can''t sign anyone from another club on a free transfer after the deadline, but we can sign a player who is not contracted to another club (but I have a feeling there is a deadline for this as well, and ooh ahh etc may be right that it''s by 5pm today)We can''t loan more than 2 players, so we have our lot there. [/quote]If they''re unattached to a club, no contract or whatever. You can sign them at any time.  Having said that what are the chances of that happening.

If you have 25 players on your books all MUST be named however if you have less all of the spaces can be filled with out of contract players

[quote user="Ncfc26"]If you have 25 players on your books all MUST be named however if you have less all of the spaces can be filled with out of contract players[/quote]

I won''t say that this 25 man squad issue has caused any arguments but we have had a lot of different opinions posted here. You must have got your info from somewhere and it would be nice to have somewhere to refer to the ''rules''. Can you post up a link as to where you got your info?

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]

[quote user="Ncfc26"]If you have 25 players on your books all MUST be named however if you have less all of the spaces can be filled with out of contract players[/quote]

I won''t say that this 25 man squad issue has caused any arguments but we have had a lot of different opinions posted here. You must have got your info from somewhere and it would be nice to have somewhere to refer to the ''rules''. Can you post up a link as to where you got your info?

[/quote]

This is from the Mirror, from last year, so things may have changed, and the Mirror may not have got it right, of course, but:

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/New-Premier-League-25-man-squad-rules-explained-What-the-new-regulations-mean-for-your-club-article569649.html

Clause Nine is particularly relevant here.

[quote user="shefcanary"]So Oli counts then in the 25 - wonder if he will celebrate when he finally gets his squad number![/quote]

...and then he can celebrate his new number at the Club he gets loaned to.

If we were to only name say 21 names, what would be the advantage?

Surely, naming those extra four players and having 25, even if they will never be used, might in an extreme case be needed.

Moot point though as per link above.

Clubs have until 5.00 pm tonight to submit their 25 man squads to the Premier League.