Sign in to follow this  
WeAreYellows49

Wigan v Norwich City match chat thread

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Was that a positive comment Zip?[/quote]

Was meant tongue in cheek [;)]

No rule changes - should have a shirt change and wound secured before allowed to continue.

1 point down, how many more to gonot a bad result and a decent performances. a lot of things for Lambert to mull over before the Stoke game.

1-1.

At least we didn''t lose.

Some good and bad points to come from that game, but over all I think we can be positive. Just need to be a bit better in the box (A problem last season as well really, its just we had so many chances, we had to score some).

I''m pleased with that, a good away point to start. Considering what QPR are doing I think its a great start.

Great start to the season. Not overawed. Had a few decent chances and could have taken all 3 points. This will give the lads a lot of confidence. We can push on from here.

QPR will hit the headlines but we will get little attention and that suits me fine.

We have played an established Prem side with good players away from home and they would have been desperate to avoid another opening day defeat. We came from behind and De Laet did what all top players do - put his error behind him and ultimately had a good game.

We can all be quietly satisfied. PL will be able to keep his players grounded and focussed on Stoke.

In this league a draw is often an excellent result for all but the top four when not playing each other.

I''m feeling like I do when I hear us win away in lesser leagues because Wigan are our rivals for the bottom three and we have just denied them points.

I could hear our excellent support at the end too - seeing the boys home.

Totally agree a point away from home will be gold dust this season against a settled premiership side and Wigan looked good!

I agree hopefully all the hype will be on QPR and we can get on with our job of picking up points to stay in this league.

Well done PL, well done to the players, showed that fighting spirit

Paul Merson expressed his concern about our defence which sounded fair comment and explains Lambert going after Ayala.

I''d like to see some better midfield cover for the defence too as Foxy doesn''t tackle well enough for me although his passing makes him our Paul Scholes.

The team that begins the season is usually markedly different to that you see six games in and I expect this will be the case with us.

Before I go to cut the grass can I just be the first to comment on formica coming off Blackburn''s bench?

Having watched the game on the comp (whilst listening to Radio Norfolk''s coverage)

it seemed quite clear it could have been won by either side, but i''d

suggest the general play was in our favour.

Funny thing is we looked like the home side, and really asserted

ourselves throughout the game. We dominated the centre of the park, and

had better and were better in possession, and we certainly sounded like

it (kudos to the fans on that one), whereas Wigan looked very sporadic

(much like their fans), in bursts and errors across the park. The former

was to their benefit on the counter, that they relied on and executed

clinically, well and often. They were frightening in the final third,

for they were usually attacking with pace when many of our players and

full backs were stationed in their half; whereas we were often (rather

than going for goal) trying to find our way through 11 Wigan players,

especially after Wigan had scored.

It was Wes'' goal that released that congestion in the Wigan half. Had he

not of scored, we''d of probably been trying to boot the ball through a

wall of Wigan players all afternoon to no avail.

Wigan''s penalty clearly shouldn''t of been, but credit to De Laet, for without him we would have unjustly lost, thanks to a couple of heroic blocks.

We looked very solid in summary, never more so than after the equaliser,

and once we find our rhythm we''ll become a more ''fuller'' side in both a

defensive and attacking sense (much like last season). And much like

the beginning of last season, when Holt kicks into form, that is when i

reckon we''ll raise it several gears.

Just back from the match (a local trip for us) and very happy with everything. Have to say, the penalty was right in front of us and it was clearly a penalty - we thought we were lucky not to be down to 10 men, actually. The referee was very inconsistent and we should have had a few decisions go our way which didn''t - but all credit to the team, who came out in the second half after we''d scored and really looked in control for a long spell. Have to say that we are going to have to get rid of the ball a little more smartly at the back, as that was one aspect of the game where we looked a bit suspect. Stand-out players for me were Wes, Morison and Ruddy, who didn''t put a foot wrong. De Laet had a great game too. OTBC, hahaha QPR :-)

From what I saw (briefly), I thought the initial contact was outside the box.  I guess we will see tonight.

Yes, it''ll be interesting to see what it looks like on TV but having given a penalty, I don''t know why the ref didn''t follow with a red card! Still, good for us that he didn''t, and in light of the fouls on us which he overlooked it''s just.

Great support by the travelling Canaries and all good-humoured. Someone set fire to something at the back of our stand at the end of the game, but nothing was made of it, luckily. Wigan had loads of empty seats, poor really for their first home game of the season. I guess they have a lot of Premier competition around them.

[quote user="Canarino"]Yes, it''ll be interesting to see what it looks like on TV but having given a penalty, I don''t know why the ref didn''t follow with a red card! Still, good for us that he didn''t, and in light of the fouls on us which he overlooked it''s just.

Great support by the travelling Canaries and all good-humoured. Someone set fire to something at the back of our stand at the end of the game, but nothing was made of it, luckily. Wigan had loads of empty seats, poor really for their first home game of the season. I guess they have a lot of Premier competition around them.[/quote]Saw it in a pub, deffo not a penalty.

You can see then how these decisions are so difficult, because it was right in front of us (we were in the front row) and the people around us also thought it was a penalty. Ruddy went the right way, too!

[quote user="Canarino"]Yes, it''ll be interesting to see what it looks like on TV but having given a penalty, I don''t know why the ref didn''t follow with a red card! Still, good for us that he didn''t, and in light of the fouls on us which he overlooked it''s just.

Great support by the travelling Canaries and all good-humoured. Someone set fire to something at the back of our stand at the end of the game, but nothing was made of it, luckily. Wigan had loads of empty seats, poor really for their first home game of the season. I guess they have a lot of Premier competition around them.[/quote]The Ref didn''t see it, it was the bloody useless linesman who signalled for it, from my vantage point it never looked a penalty.