Sign in to follow this  
Indy

Newcastle United are considering a bid of £3.5m for Norwich City striker Grant Holt!

He''s our captain FFS. He''s not going anywhere unless BIG money is offered. He was probably the best striker in the Champ last season, he''s worth well over £3.5m in the current market.

What argument Wiz? I posted a rumour directly off the BBC, I have said all through the thread it''s wide of the mark, but those who appear to believe that club would never sell Holt are nieve!

It may well be waffle and a non starter but none of know that for sure, we all form opinions, but some feel the need to push it to personal insults, that''s fine I move on and don''t bother with these people.

Move along, move along.......

[quote user="Gene Tierney"]Business is business, if Lambert could have a younger replacement in hand.  I bet he''d bite their hands off at £3.5m
[/quote]

Surely Cody McDonald fits the bill.[:P]

You are not up on this grown up thinking stuff are you indy ?

You squeak about me dismissing your rumour as rubbish, yet stated BEFORE I posted that thought -

"I agree this is utter tripe"

however at the end of your squeak you add, in complete contradiction

" are you just having an opinion that it''s tripe?"

So by that token you can state that your own rumour was tripe but I cannot. You can state, as you did, that your rumour is " wide of the mark, that it " It may well be waffle and a non starter" but I must not call it rubbish.

What an odd little fellow you are.

So if Holt is still here come September 1st was it rubbish .... or tripe as you would have it ?

I''m not getting into petty rubbish City1st, it wasn''t my rumours for startres, just information.

Second you decided to throw insults.

Third to dismiss this out of hand is a bit nieve of you or anyone who thinks otherwise, as I said, there might be some truth to it, who really knows for sure not me or you.........

We make opinions, mine is in line with this being tripe, but given 3.5 million for a 30 year old unproven stiker, a biig club like Newcastle and the history of us being a selling club, it''s not so ridiculous as it appears when you way it up.

So next time don''t say it''s my rumour, don''t throw insults and get out of your own backside and way up all the points before concluding such moronic statements, but hey little people like you have big ego''s and know everything, Nepoleon syndorme is what you have.

And that''s the end of city1st I will not bother communicating on anything else with you.

It is your rumour, as in you posted it up and have sought to defend it .... repeatedly.

You have consistently contradicted yourself by claiming it is tripe - yet refering to anyone who dismisses as rubbish as ''neive''.

As to the tosh about a ''selling club'' please inform us all of any professional club that has not sold a player.

So in reply, a bit of advice to you. If you put something up on a forum expect people to comment. If that something is total rubbish then expect people to say so - in their own style.

[quote user="City1st"]It is your rumour, as in you posted it up and have sought to defend it .... repeatedly.

You have consistently contradicted yourself by claiming it is tripe - yet refering to anyone who dismisses as rubbish as ''neive''.

As to the tosh about a ''selling club'' please inform us all of any professional club that has not sold a player.

So in reply, a bit of advice to you. If you put something up on a forum expect people to comment. If that something is total rubbish then expect people to say so - in their own style.[/quote]Let it drop City1st you got owned.  You have to get over it.

[quote user="Gene Tierney"]Business is business, if Lambert could have a younger replacement in hand.  I bet he''d bite their hands off at £3.5m
[/quote]

Not from round these parts are you.[8-)]

[quote user="Indy"]I''m not getting into petty rubbish City1st, it wasn''t my rumours for startres, just information.

Second you decided to throw insults.

Third to dismiss this out of hand is a bit nieve of you or anyone who thinks otherwise, as I said, there might be some truth to it, who really knows for sure not me or you.........

We make opinions, mine is in line with this being tripe, but given 3.5 million for a 30 year old unproven stiker, a biig club like Newcastle and the history of us being a selling club, it''s not so ridiculous as it appears when you way it up.

So next time don''t say it''s my rumour, don''t throw insults and get out of your own backside and way up all the points before concluding such moronic statements, but hey little people like you have big ego''s and know everything, Nepoleon syndorme is what you have.

And that''s the end of city1st I will not bother communicating on anything else with you.[/quote]Who in the last few years,with the new board in place,have we sold?!?! Im talking about who we wouldve wanted to keep as a big asset?

In fact if you look at the history of most clubs,they could be called "a selling club" .....We havent been a big asset selling club for years!!

The rumour wasnt BBC,it was quoted from a weird sounding transfer gossip site....

A 30 yr old who has vast experience and has attracted loads of acclaims from footy experts,who realise he is a goalscorer who is also a provider,which is why we have for 2 seasons,been the highest scorers in both seasons...3.5!? dont make me laugh! 7 mill im interested..10 mill his value...

[quote user="Indy"]From BBC rumours page, but 3.5 million for Holt, as much as I love Holty never would anyone offer 3.5 million! There is no way the club would let hime go anyway, integral part of our team and big part of the push to stay up in this division. Can''t wait till 1 Sep when the silly season can stop.[/quote]

Why bother posting rumours from the BBC rumours site on here when you know its rubbish. Now its been copied onto loads of other sites and is spreading like wildfire.

You knew it was rubbish , McNally has confirmed this, so why not just ignore it.

"you got owned"

oh dear

not so much 1st Sept, as roll on the school term

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]He''ll go for £6m[/quote]

Bloody hope not Slim - just bought a home ''Holt 9'' shirt today!

Newcastle have what some may consider a slight crisis on their hands - I would actually put them over us to be relegated this season, the whole situation and atmosphere coming out of St James Park reeks of ''relegation'' to me, I definitely think they''re going to be in big trouble this season.