Sign in to follow this  
Blurboy1980

Ruddy

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="Ncfc26"]No one else thinks that Naughton was at a bigger fault for the goal last night?[/quote]

Ah, so it was Naughton. I mentioned this error on another thread. Definitely slow and should have cleared the ball for a corner IMO instead of allowing an opponent to hook the ball back across goal.

[/quote]

Can''t help but think this was the easier thing to prevent but because he comes from tottenham he must be fantastic and perfect

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Beauseant"]

I thought I''d buck the trend and actually watch the goal before plunging my blade into Ruddy, who still, I understand is refusing to change his name to Fraser Forster, a man who who has developed in City mythology  from the guy who threw away a point at Leeds and was planted on his line as Swindon equalised to some sort of Superhero. So Super, in fact, that many Celtic fans couldn''t believe that Lennon had actually tried to sign him on a permanent.

The goal was a keeper''s nightmare with so many bodies on the near post. You try to get the ball and don''t get there and people criticise you.What''s the alternative? Well, you stay on your line, an attacker wins the flick on and someone at the far post buries the ball in the net. He did the first and he''s pilloried. If he did the second would he have been treated more kindly? Of course not. Corners have to be defended as a unit, and as a unit it was done badly, but its part of the learning process. We  have a really good young keeper in Ruddy, but like every young keeper including Saint Fraser and Declan, he will get it wrong sometimes. Get off his back for heaven''s sake!

[/quote]
If he commits outside his near post and someone gets there first (or he misses the ball entirely), the whole goal is unguarded. I was always taught that if a corner''s coming shy of the near post, it''s the defenders'' responsibility to win the header. If they lose it and someone has a tap-in at the far post, it''s the defenders'' fault for not winning the header. Having to come through a cluster of players to win the ball is always going to reduce the chances of getting there, and there''s also much less chance of having a foul given in the keeper''s favour if he''s rushing forward into other players. I''m not a Ruddy-basher, as I said previously in this thread, but my objective opinion is that he was at fault for the goal.
[/quote]

I wouldn''t disagree. My objective wasn''t to absolve him of blame, although, as I said, I think that the unit as a whole failed, but to point out that he was "damned if he did, damned if he didn''t". How many of the  lynch mob on here would have accepted that by staying on his line he wasn''t at fault? No, it would have been "Ruddy should have come for the cross". The primary error in that goal was that none of our near post defenders won the ball. If they had, Ruddys position would have been irrelevant.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Beauseant"]

I thought I''d buck the trend and actually watch the goal before plunging my blade into Ruddy, who still, I understand is refusing to change his name to Fraser Forster, a man who who has developed in City mythology  from the guy who threw away a point at Leeds and was planted on his line as Swindon equalised to some sort of Superhero. So Super, in fact, that many Celtic fans couldn''t believe that Lennon had actually tried to sign him on a permanent.

The goal was a keeper''s nightmare with so many bodies on the near post. You try to get the ball and don''t get there and people criticise you.What''s the alternative? Well, you stay on your line, an attacker wins the flick on and someone at the far post buries the ball in the net. He did the first and he''s pilloried. If he did the second would he have been treated more kindly? Of course not. Corners have to be defended as a unit, and as a unit it was done badly, but its part of the learning process. We  have a really good young keeper in Ruddy, but like every young keeper including Saint Fraser and Declan, he will get it wrong sometimes. Get off his back for heaven''s sake!

[/quote]If he commits outside his near post and someone gets there first (or he misses the ball entirely), the whole goal is unguarded. I was always taught that if a corner''s coming shy of the near post, it''s the defenders'' responsibility to win the header. If they lose it and someone has a tap-in at the far post, it''s the defenders'' fault for not winning the header. Having to come through a cluster of players to win the ball is always going to reduce the chances of getting there, and there''s also much less chance of having a foul given in the keeper''s favour if he''s rushing forward into other players. I''m not a Ruddy-basher, as I said previously in this thread, but my objective opinion is that he was at fault for the goal.[/quote]

I wouldn''t disagree. My objective wasn''t to absolve him of blame, although, as I said, I think that the unit as a whole failed, but to point out that he was "damned if he did, damned if he didn''t". How many of the  lynch mob on here would have accepted that by staying on his line he wasn''t at fault? No, it would have been "Ruddy should have come for the cross". The primary error in that goal was that none of our near post defenders won the ball. If they had, Ruddys position would have been irrelevant.

[/quote]I concur on all points.

In a galaxy long ago and far away I was a goalkeeper, at the lowest possible level, but it does still give me insights into the position that outfielders (fans, players, pundits and even managers) might not have. For example, non-goalkeepers look at shot-stopping. Goalkeepers look at judgment and particularly positional sense, to see if the keeper is in the right place to make the save in the first place.

Having finally watched the DVD of last season, to back up my opinion  from seeing Ruddy in the flesh half a dozen times, here are the goals for which I regard Ruddy as being at fault. That is not to say he should have stopped the shot necessarily but that at the least he should have done better.

1. Doncaster''s second second in their 3-1 win. A straightforward fumble with no excuse.

2. Leicester''s first in our 4-3 win. Shots that are low and hard and close to the keeper as he dives are difficult, especially for big keepers. They can squirm under the body. This was not that. This was a shot where Ruddy could get his hands down in front of himself, and still he let the ball through.

3. Millwall''s equaliser in the 1-1 draw. He comes half-heartedly for a corner and gets into no man''s land. The goal is actually offside but that is not the point.

4. Leeds''s goal in the 1-1 draw. Not quite the same as the Leicester mistake. Here, with a shot to his side, he should get a stronger hand on it.

5. Middlesbrough''s equaliser in the 1-1 draw. A deflection, buts still probably saveable. The deflection happens outside the area, and takes the ball to Ruddy''s right, but not at any great pace, and Ruddy has not started going the other way. He doesn''t get wrong-footed by the deflection, but just reacts slowly and only dives as the ball loops past him, at no great distance from his right hand. If it had been a non-deflected shot from there he would have been expected to save it.

6. Leeds'' first in the 2-2. He comes for a cross and stops. and gets - again - into no man''s land.

7. Leicester''s second in our 3-2 win. He gets his positioning wrong for the free-kick, not side to side, but actually standing on his goal line. So when he dives to his right he has to dive forwards as well as sideway and up to avoid smashing into the post. Hard to tell without seeing this goal from behind, but if he had been a few feet forward (as he is for other free-kicks in other games) he might have saved it because it looks as if the shot (which was swerving away late) would have been in reach if he had been where he should have been.

8. Swansea''s second in their 3-0 win. Another fumble.

9. Forest''s goal in our 2-1. He had two choices. Kick the ball high and left for a throw-in, or simply drop on the ball. He had no momentum, so that wouldn''t have carried outside the area. Was it a fluke that the rebound went into the net? Yes, but it could have gone anywhere. For a corner, or into midfield, straight to a Forest player. A bad error of judgment.

10. Derby''s first in our 3-2 win. He gets his positioning all wrong (far too close to his left-hand post) as the cross comes in and is caught flat-footed as the header loops the other way. It might not have been saveable but he gave himself no chance.

Of course this doesn''t take account of his saves, but equally none of the mistakes that didn''t lead to goals. My view from seeing him in the flesh was that he wasn''t a Premier League quality keeper. Watching the DVD hasn''t change that view.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

In a galaxy long ago and far away I was a goalkeeper, at the lowest possible level, but it does still give me insights into the position that outfielders (fans, players, pundits and even managers) might not have. [/quote]

You are Peter Vasper and I claim my £5[;)]

Your purple has turned blue again[+o(]

That''s a pretty good post Purple. I was a goalkeeper too at one point, certainly helped being a 6''6" beast. As much as I like JR, it''s frustrating to see him making so many of the simple errors of goalkeeping. I know he''s our player and there''s the whole ''therefore we must not criticise him no matter what'' talk some believe, but it doesn''t take away the fact that he doesn''t play like a top league keeper. Some of his positions and decisions I''ve found rather unorthodox, a couple of which led to your above list. I''m also sure there''s a similar reason why Everton came to the same conclusion.

Oh well, I just hope I don''t see many errors on the long away days this season. To lose that way would be soul-destroying.

you forgot one purple, the first goal for Watford away, when Graham hit the ball from the edge of the box straight at Ruddy and it went underneath (one of may examples of that happening).

[quote user="Paul"]you forgot one purple, the first goal for Watford away, when Graham hit the ball from the edge of the box straight at Ruddy and it went underneath (one of may examples of that happening).[/quote]

Paul, that was on my marginal list! Along with some others. Doncaster''s first goal in their 3-1 win seems to be from a long way out, but the camera position doesn''t really give one a good view, and there is a Palace goal from a corner where it is arguable that he should have come. A bit similar to last night, which I''ve only just seen, in which he clearly is at fault. If you''re going to come for the ball you have to be sure you can either catch or get in a good punch. If not, you stay back.

More generally, in case this looks like an anti-Ruddy crusade, it is just that goalkeeping is the single most important position in a team. My view is we don''t have one PL quality keeper in our squad.

But perhaps the £2m we''re getting for Holt is going on a keeper...[;)]

I was right behind the watford goal and it was crap goalkeeping.

I was on the friday sports show last friday funnily enough being interviewed by Matt Gudgen (still on Iplayer) on BBC Norfolk and he asked me about the goalkeeping situation and I said that I thought the Ruddy was poor on shots straight at him and that we need another keeper.

Bar humbug to the lot of you!

The footage of the goal is in an article on the pinkun front page.

It goes a bit like this:

A lot of jostling in the box prior to the corner as you would expect from a physical antagonistic side as they appeared to be.

Corner comes in. Ruddy feels that it is in an area he should attack, takes the risk. He gets a touch on it which means the opposing player who is attacking it and is unmarked doesn''t make a clean connection and it goes back towards the near post.

One of their players reacts first and beats several of ours by literally flinging a foot at it. Ruddy has just landed and tries to position himself to stop it but is unable to do so as it goes at pace between his legs. The player on the far post responds far too late and comes out to meet a player that has been hovering 8 yards off the back post unmarked. Ruddy does well to get back into a half decent position and almost manages to keep it out.

I would have to agree with what the report says which is a defensive mix up.

Ruddy has a choice to make when the ball is on the edge of the 6 yard area, but personally I never like to see a keeper try and fist the bloody thing away unless it is utterly necessary. You never now where it is going to end up. It''s a tough call because on this occasion it would appear that there is a player unmarked because of one of our players going to ground in the run up to the corner.

I would say he was probably justified in coming out but really needed to have made a better connection, having said that he does prevent a shot on goal by doing it, and it is only because of the ball flicking back off the head of one of their players that they managed to score.

I think our other players were just as responsible for not reacting to the initial goal attempt and not shutting down a ball. The player who had gone back to the goal line did so with the right idea but should he have stuck with the player he may have prevented him from scoring.

It''s just one of those horrible, unpredictable, scrappy goals. Every team will concede some like that.

Certainly not a howler on anyone''s part.

I wonder how much we miss Ward in those situations. I feel he is our version of Terry or Vidic, not as good but he is the stopper - the Malky of our pairing at the moment and when he isn''t there that bit of muscle and strength in the air is missed.

[quote user="Robornio"]That''s a pretty good post Purple. I was a goalkeeper too at one point, certainly helped being a 6''6" beast. As much as I like JR, it''s frustrating to see him making so many of the simple errors of goalkeeping. I know he''s our player and there''s the whole ''therefore we must not criticise him no matter what'' talk some believe, but it doesn''t take away the fact that he doesn''t play like a top league keeper. Some of his positions and decisions I''ve found rather unorthodox, a couple of which led to your above list. I''m also sure there''s a similar reason why Everton came to the same conclusion. Oh well, I just hope I don''t see many errors on the long away days this season. To lose that way would be soul-destroying.[/quote]

---

For what it is worth, since he often gets mentioned, I''ve just looked back at the previous season, and Fraser Forster. I made it four clear mistakes:

1. The Leeds kick, of course!

2.  A fumble that gives Exeter their goal in our 3-1 win.

3.Walsall''s goal in our 2-1 away win. Forster comes rushing out when there are defenders closing in on the attacker and so makes it easier for him.

4. Getting into no man''s land for the Huddersfield goal in our 3-1 win there.

Fewer mistakes than Ruddy, but then we conceded 47 goals as opposed to 58.  Forster was almost certainly under less pressure game in, game out.

Personally, I always felt FF was the sounder keeper, but acknowledge it''s difficult to compare as he was playing one division lower.

Against that it''s worth bearing in mind that FF has got a bit of history for getting sent off (twice at Norwich, plus once at Celtic in February), which has surely cost goals. Ruddy hasn''t.

Ruddy''s distribution is also far better and can lead to goals (as in the punt downfield to Jackson in the Bristol City away game, essentially an "assist").

Why does everyone also think FF is a legend? Yeah good keeper but unproven at this level too. He did still more confidence to me personally but why does think gotta be Ruddy or FF. There are other keeps out there. But my support is 100% Ruddy doing the job. Just hope he can and stop making the odd mistake. Think it will with Barnett back and Naughton and DeLaet and Whitbread (Sp?)

Ruddy is rubbish, why didn''t we tempt Van Der Sar out of retirement? Or buy Joe Hart, he''s half decent, or if Man.C wouldn''t sell, maybe Buffon. Maybe there not as good as FF though, who is quite clearly the best GK ever to exist, why didn''t we buy him, we should have bid the whole £40 million we automatically got when getting promoted.

And then sold Holt to Leicester for £2 million to make sure we didn''t fall into administration, as i heard he;s out until October anyway. And then Cody Macdonald, can take over the number 9, and become our leading man as we get relegated three season in a row, despite his 47 goals in each season.

We should probably get rid of C.Martin as well, he''s obviously upset Lambert with his court case, not that Lambert will be around for long, he''s off to Burnley isn''t he?

And as for Hoolahan, always running around in circles and giving the ball away? When did he last do anything useful....

Lets get Doncaster back in charge, he knew what he was doing, we wouldn''t have any of this premiership nonsense with him in charge.

And when he''s back and Lambert''s at Burnley, we could get Roeder back, he would get the best out of Cody Mac and Oli Johnson. But Wilbraham will have to go, he doesn''t know how to play football.

I have played a couple of ganes for a club ranked at a higher level than Beau but don''t shout about it from the rooftops Tilly.

Ps. Wasn''t Beau a Striker? Shows why he seems to appear to know nothing about goalkeeping then!

As for Beau''s Saint Forster, don''t make me laugh. I just want a decent keeper that we can rely on an couldn''t care less what his name is. For what it is worth I reckon that young Declan could be better than both of them and thought he was unlucky to lose his place in the team to both Forster and Ruddy, coz he has never let us down once when standing in for either of them and certainly has safer hands than the pair of them.

To the people who suggest that Rudd needs a season on loan in the Championship.. 3 names for you of keepers who have been brought through the ranks of their clubs in the last 10 years or so and never let their Premiership employers down... Joe Hart, Ben Foster, Paul Robinson.

The views from you and Beau don''t surprise me though. The very same old NCISA Chairman''s cautious majority first view as they see it rather than their own.

Remember Simeon Jackson you two..."dreadful striker" isn''t he???

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]Thank god for a post like this, because these threads do my head in.Because Russel Martin ended up having such a good season, Grant Holt DID cut it in the Championship and David Fox ended up being a revelation, people NEED some scapegoat and now its Ruddy.Ruddy is a good young keeper and NO worse than fucking Frazer Forster. His double save was fantastic. And he missed one corner in pre-season....OH NO!I can''t see how people can criticise him so much, i went to the game on Wednesday and thought he was very good bar that one corner. I think Forster could well have made the exact same mistake if we had him instead, but there wouldn''t be a 5 page thread about how he isn''t good enough.People need to seriously give it a rest, because Lambert has clearly put alot of faith in Ruddy. He done it last season when he was being heavily criticised, and he ended up being a key member of a promotion team.

[quote user="Smudger"]I have played a couple of ganes for a club ranked at a higher level than Beau but don''t shout about it from the rooftops Tilly. Ps. Wasn''t Beau a Striker? Shows why he seems to appear to know nothing about goalkeeping then! As for Beau''s Saint Forster, don''t make me laugh. I just want a decent keeper that we can rely on an couldn''t care less what his name is. For what it is worth I reckon that young Declan could be better than both of them and thought he was unlucky to lose his place in the team to both Forster and Ruddy, coz he has never let us down once when standing in for either of them and certainly has safer hands than the pair of them. To the people who suggest that Rudd needs a season on loan in the Championship.. 3 names for you of keepers who have been brought through the ranks of their clubs in the last 10 years or so and never let their Premiership employers down... Joe Hart, Ben Foster, Paul Robinson. The views from you and Beau don''t surprise me though. The very same old NCISA Chairman''s cautious majority first view as they see it rather than their own. Remember Simeon Jackson you two..."dreadful striker" isn''t he???[/quote]

Blimey, even the goalkeeping issue is NCISAs fault![;)]

I really admire your approach of lauding an unfashionable player so that you can say "I knew all along " if they come off. Worked to some extent with Jacko, epic fail with McNamee, and now Declan is the new Kevin Keelan. I can remember watching him twice. The first time he gave a goal away by rushing off his line when he had cover and the second time he spannered virtually every kick into the Jarrold. I think that the real goalkeeping prospect at the club is Steer, but he still has some developing to do.

Do you actually watch much football? If you did you wouldn''t make ridiculous statements like the one about Robinson, Foster and Hart. You don''t think they ever "let their employers down"? I seem to recall Robinson being bombed out by Spurs and England after a string of howlers and remind me again how Foster made the grade at Manchester United, as I seem to have missed it. Hart isn''t exactly rock solid, either, is he?

"To the people who suggest that Rudd needs a season on loan in the Championship.. 3 names for you of keepers who have been brought through the ranks of their clubs in the last 10 years or so and never let their Premiership employers down... Joe Hart, Ben Foster, Paul Robinson."

Have I missed something here. Joe Hart was brought through the ranks of Shrewsbury Town playing in the Conference and League Two before joining Manchestre City, whilst there he was loaned to three different clubs. Hardly brought through the ranks. Ben Foster started at Stoke City before being loaned to five different clubs before he joined Man Utd where he didn''t play two dozen games. Hardly brought through the ranks. Paul Robinson granted was brought through the ranks at Leeds and became their number one but many people, myself included, thought that Leeds (or Venables) insistance on playing the ''up and coming'' Robinson instead of the excellent and vastly experience Nigel Martyn had much to do with their fall down the leagues. I don''t think many Spurs fans would agree with you that Robinson never let them down. More than any other poition on the pitch goalkeepers need experience. It is very difficult for young keepers to step into the spotlight and maintain a high level of performance.

For the older members of this forum can you remember Mervyn Day of West Ham? When he first played for West Ham at 18 he was being tipped to be an England keeper for the next 15 years. It was only ten years later that he regained a regular spot in the top division after he had drifted down the leagues.

Goalkeepers must be given time to learn their trade. Rudd and Steer have both got extremely good futures ahead of them but please, please don''t rush them.

Oh ....... and incidentally .......... I can''t see Simeon Jackson starting too many games this season and I can''t see him scoring too many goals. 

I really don''t see why people get kicks from getting on players back. Yeah it''s opinions and all that, and on a forum it''s fine. But at the matches people around you seem to slate particular players everytime they touch the ball. It''s fair enough doubting players and maybe thinking you don''t have total faith in them, but I just hope we at least support them and not see every mistake as an opportunity to slate him and show no faith in him.

I think Ruddy can be a success, if people lay off him a bit. Mostly actually at the matches, the people who seem to moan if he just touches the ball.

We as spectators have seen him make some elementary blunders, as well as some magnificent saves.

The goal we conceded on Wednesday was because he "flapped" rather than punching it, but one of our defenders was backing into him under pressure from an attacker.

I was disappointed, and I am slightly nervous when long balls are hit into the area, but in the end the question is whether he and the defenders can reach a better understanding.

The most crucial question is to what extent the defence feels that they can rely on him. If they have doubts, then we really are in trouble.

I think anyone who was at the Charlton away game will know why people think so highly of FF, I think in my 25+ years of watching football that was one of the best keeping displays I have ever seen, I was in the Charlton end and a mate sitting next to me kept jumping up and down going mental as FF pulled off save after save and at least 3 worldy ones.

The only downside to FF game is his kicking it is piss poor.

That is the one part of Ruddy''s game I have no worries about his dead ball kicking is fine. As a shot stopper FF wins hands down IMO

[quote user="Canaryfan 25"]I totally agree Blurboy 1980 I think we can''t afford to give away goals like last season against Watford and Forest, he either needs to get better fast or we should sign Fraser Forster or Joe Lewis from Peterborough.[/quote]

Is this the same Joe Lewis who never makes a mistake?

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

Thank god for a post like this, because these threads do my head in.

Because Russel Martin ended up having such a good season, Grant Holt DID cut it in the Championship and David Fox ended up being a revelation, people NEED some scapegoat and now its Ruddy.

Ruddy is a good young keeper and NO worse than fucking Frazer Forster. His double save was fantastic. And he missed one corner in pre-season....OH NO!

I can''t see how people can criticise him so much, i went to the game on Wednesday and thought he was very good bar that one corner. I think Forster could well have made the exact same mistake if we had him instead, but there wouldn''t be a 5 page thread about how he isn''t good enough.

People need to seriously give it a rest, because Lambert has clearly put alot of faith in Ruddy. He done it last season when he was being heavily criticised, and he ended up being a key member of a promotion team.
[/quote]

Amen to that. Were truer words ever spoken?

This thread, in the main, illustrates everything that is bad and negative about a certain small group of supporters, i.e. the scapegoat brigade. They just cannot leave it alone and must always be on the back of someone (Russell Martin, Ward, etc). What makes it worse it they give the impression that they actually believe that they know what they are talking about!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="Buckethead"]Clearly Lamberts losing the plot keeping faith in Ruddy and letting Cody MacDonald our only ''keeper with a perfect nil conceded record leave...[:S]
[/quote]

Lambert''s doing an excellent job but even he will make some mistakes. Time will tell us what they were.  

[/quote]
Are you sure Paul?  The majority on here seem to suggest that Lambo is the messiah and gets absolutely nothing wrong!

Surely he can''t be a fallible human being capable of making the odd mistake here and there can he??? [:S]
[/quote]

Surely that''s you isn''t it?

[quote user="ABC (A Basingstoke Canary)"]

[quote user="YellowLittle1"]Also, it''s not technically that I doubt him, it''s mentally. I think he is mentally weak and needs to improve on that side of the game. That''s why he can show signs of indecisiveness and his commandment of his area[/quote]

Maybe his "mental weakness" is attributable to some weird sort of thought process that if he gives 100%, then the fans will support him - unfortunately, because his name is not FF, some fans will NEVER forgive him for not being FF and therefore will always knock his ability!!

All of that contributes to a person''s confidence - and if one''s confidence is shaken by people who SUPPOSEDLY support the team, but always slate the one individual - then it''s little wonder that he may be a little low on confidence and hence his perceived indecisiveness - never sure if people are going to have a pop if he makes the wrong choice.

I am sure that every current NCFC player gives 100%, 100% of the time, and the need to constantly find a whipping boy is beyond belief. Look at how PL treats every player - even those who have left - with respect and appreciation - resulting in team confidence. Why is it beyond the wit of some "supporters" to do the same?

Because that''s the way it just is. Always has been, always will be I''m afraid.

[quote user="Smudger"]I have played a couple of ganes for a club ranked at a higher level than Beau but don''t shout about it from the rooftops...

[/quote]Go on then smudger, let me guess......er...Leicester...Ipswich....oh, go on then...Man Utd. [:O]But why only two games? [:S]

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Smudger"]I have played a couple of ganes for a club ranked at a higher level than Beau but don''t shout about it from the rooftops Tilly. Ps. Wasn''t Beau a Striker? Shows why he seems to appear to know nothing about goalkeeping then! As for Beau''s Saint Forster, don''t make me laugh. I just want a decent keeper that we can rely on an couldn''t care less what his name is. For what it is worth I reckon that young Declan could be better than both of them and thought he was unlucky to lose his place in the team to both Forster and Ruddy, coz he has never let us down once when standing in for either of them and certainly has safer hands than the pair of them. To the people who suggest that Rudd needs a season on loan in the Championship.. 3 names for you of keepers who have been brought through the ranks of their clubs in the last 10 years or so and never let their Premiership employers down... Joe Hart, Ben Foster, Paul Robinson. The views from you and Beau don''t surprise me though. The very same old NCISA Chairman''s cautious majority first view as they see it rather than their own. Remember Simeon Jackson you two..."dreadful striker" isn''t he???[/quote]

I really admire your approach of lauding an unfashionable player so that you can say "I knew all along " if they come off. Worked to some extent with Jacko, epic fail with McNamee, and now Declan is the new Kevin Keelan. I can remember watching him twice. The first time he gave a goal away by rushing off his line when he had cover and the second time he spannered virtually every kick into the Jarrold. I think that the real goalkeeping prospect at the club is Steer, but he still has some developing to do.

Do you actually watch much football? If you did you wouldn''t make ridiculous statements like the one about Robinson, Foster and Hart. You don''t think they ever "let their employers down"? I seem to recall Robinson being bombed out by Spurs and England after a string of howlers and remind me again how Foster made the grade at Manchester United, as I seem to have missed it. Hart isn''t exactly rock solid, either, is he?

[/quote]

So you offer up Joe Hart as someone who has risen through the ranks at Manchester City during the last 10 years do you Smudger?There was me thinking he was signed from Shrewsbury Town(his hometown club) having plied as trade for them since his schoolboy days.

Your obsession with Jackson is well documented but still it does take the focus away from you and Anthony McNamee i suppose.[:P][;)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

So you offer up Joe Hart as someone who has risen through the ranks at Manchester City during the last 10 years do you Smudger?There was me thinking he was signed from Shrewsbury Town(his hometown club) having plied as trade for them since his schoolboy days.

Your obsession with Jackson is well documented but still it does take the focus away from you and Anthony McNamee i suppose.[:P][;)]

[/quote]

Well we all know that he has never let facts get in the way of a good old-fashioned, biased, lopsided, unbalanced rant.