Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

PUPs Social and Promotion Party

Just a reminder that the Pink Un Picker''s end of season Social and Promtion Party is this coming Saturday 8pm at Bayer Social Club.

If any other posters would like to join us you would be welcome. Just send me an email at Canaryeddie@aol.com or call me on 07876778743 so that I''m aware of who''s coming and can give you details of where we are. If you''ve never met the PUPs before I can tell you that they are a real friendly bunch and will make you very welcome.

There will be some party food provided and some of the PUPs are bringing some too. Anything else will be appreciated.

The PUPs Presentation Night will be later in the summer.

In spite of my absence from the PUP this season, and these boards in general, I''m tempted... can I see an attendance list before I make my decision? [;)]

Who will be proposing the toast to absent friends?[;)]

Can i bring my 60''s collection as yours is well dodgey Nutty?[:$]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]In spite of my absence from the PUP this season, and these boards in general, I''m tempted... can I see an attendance list before I make my decision? [;)][/quote]

You know you''d be more than welcome. Just to tempt you further I''m going to provide Arrdee sausages with the nibbles [:)]

I can''t pander to you old timer''s and play 60''s music all night Tilly. You''re just going to have to move with the times[:P]

[quote user="crabbycanary"]Just for the uninitiated (that''ll be me then) can you tell me what the PUP''s are/is?[/quote]The Pink''un Pickers. From Wednesday each week, all the PUPS post a fixture and result that they think will come off and each week a different PUP will be in charge. On the Friday the PUP in charge chooses 6 fixtures that - if we win- raises money for Norwich City Youth.  This is all thanks to Ardee (the creator - I think), Nutty (the person now in charge) and Billy who very kindly gives us the free bet each week!Check it out next season, it is always at the top of the list of threads ''Rays Funds for Foncy''. [Y]

[quote user="Excited Canary"][quote user="crabbycanary"]Just for the uninitiated (that''ll be me then) can you tell me what the PUP''s are/is?[/quote]The Pink''un Pickers. From Wednesday each week, all the PUPS post a fixture and result that they think will come off and each week a different PUP will be in charge. On the Friday the PUP in charge chooses 6 fixtures that - if all the fixtures come in- raises money for Norwich City Youth.  This is all thanks to Arrdee (the creator - I think), Nutty (the person now in charge) and Billy who very kindly gives us the free bet each week!Check it out next season, it is always at the top of the list of threads ''Rays Funds for Foncy''. [Y][/quote]

I''m very tempted, especially by the sausages - when I was living in Manchester Ray was kind enough to send me a free sample of his finest bangers in the post, in a little tin! The man was a legend and I think its about time I honour him by turning up to one of these things.I''m a bit shy though, I''ll only come if everyone cheers loudly and chants my name as I walk in, preferably to sound of Eye of the Tiger...

Well, you do deserve such an entrance Evil monkey, if only for your work on the Pinkuns top 10 films thread (and the other one, was it top 10 albums... About time you started another one :P)

I would love to come, but am in Canterbury. Next time NN, i think you should contact me first before arranging a date :P

[quote user="crabbycanary"]Just for the uninitiated (that''ll be me then) can you tell me what the PUP''s are/is?[/quote]

Exactly as Excited has posted crabby. Since Arrdee''s first ever thread the pink un pickers have raised £1298 for FONCY to help develope our youngsters in the academy.

PUPs is open to all Pink Un posters and between 50 and 60 PUPs from all over the world take part every week through the season. A lot of friendships have been forged through these threads and those of us who can get there meet up for socials a few times a year.

You would be most welcome to come along.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]I''m very tempted, especially by the sausages - when I was living in Manchester Ray was kind enough to send me a free sample of his finest bangers in the post, in a little tin! The man was a legend and I think its about time I honour him by turning up to one of these things.

I''m a bit shy though, I''ll only come if everyone cheers loudly and chants my name as I walk in, preferably to sound of Eye of the Tiger...
[/quote]

Now that can be easily arranged [;)]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Well, you do deserve such an entrance Evil monkey, if only for your work on the Pinkuns top 10 films thread (and the other one, was it top 10 albums... About time you started another one :P) I would love to come, but am in Canterbury. Next time NN, i think you should contact me first before arranging a date :P[/quote]

The next one will probably be in August at the start of the season where we will do the presentations and hand the latest cheque over to FONCY. I hope you can make it.

I''m really sorry that I can''t make this one, but I''ll definitely be at the next one. The Pups are a great instituion as well as being a lot of fun and I hope you all have a great night![Y][<:o)]

Can''t come this time, but hopefully will the next, will try and get fellow poster Scrapy33 to join up for next season too!!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="crabbycanary"]Just for the uninitiated (that''ll be me then) can you tell me what the PUP''s are/is?[/quote]

Exactly as Excited has posted crabby. Since Arrdee''s first ever thread the pink un pickers have raised £1298 for FONCY to help develope our youngsters in the academy.

PUPs is open to all Pink Un posters and between 50 and 60 PUPs from all over the world take part every week through the season. A lot of friendships have been forged through these threads and those of us who can get there meet up for socials a few times a year.

At first glance, I read that as ''PUPs is open to all Pink Un posters between 50 and 60 '' which of course would have excluded myself as I am far too young.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''ll get the hang of these quote things one day!

Try again.

At first glance, I read that as ''PUPs is open to all Pink Un posters between 50 and 60 '' which of course would have excluded myself as I am far too young.

[quote user="yellow hammer"]If a couple of the ''Purists'' turn up it could be even better than the West Ham end of season party ...[/quote]

There is more chance of you standing in some rocking horse poo than a couple of the Purists turning up.

Scrapey33 would be more than welcome Dogger. These threads are open to everyone. We have the oldies like Tilly and Lapp right through to the youngsters like Excited Canary. Once your in it becomes addictive. You had a great season and will be making the final selections next season so long as Billy can sponsor us for another year.

Jez, it would be great if you could make it my phone number is on the OP should you have trouble finding us.

Kathy... if it was for posters aged between 50 and 60 Tilly would have had to have packed up years ago[;)]

Scrapey33 would be more than welcome Dogger. These threads are open to everyone. We have the oldies like Tilly and Lapp right through to the youngsters like Excited Canary. Once your in it becomes addictive. You had a great season and will be making the final selections next season so long as Billy can sponsor us for another year.

Jez, it would be great if you could make it my phone number is on the OP should you have trouble finding us.

Kathy... if it was for posters aged between 50 and 60 Tilly would have had to have packed up years ago[;)]

[/quote]

Well best she makes the most of it then because by my reckoning Kathy only has 4 years left in her and as for you Nutty all you are doing is setting yourself up nicely for the presentation i make to you each year.[:#]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Well best she makes the most of it then because by my reckoning Kathy only has 4 years left in her and as for you Nutty all you are doing is setting yourself up nicely for the presentation i make to you each year.[:#]

[/quote]

Well I hope the bank will cash the cheque this year....

[quote user="DOGGER"]Can''t come this time, but hopefully will the next, will try and get fellow poster Scrapy33 to join up for next season too!![/quote]I hope you''re not going back over the border for another social event Dogger. You''ll need immunising if you are [:P]

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"][quote user="DOGGER"]Can''t come this time, but hopefully will the next, will try and get fellow poster Scrapy33 to join up for next season too!![/quote]

I hope you''re not going back over the border for another social event Dogger. You''ll need immunising if you are [:P]
[/quote]

No comment[:P]

Nutty, as discussed in The Nelson, I can''t make this one mate. Really sorry, but the brownie points have all been used up! I am however in the process of earning lots more, ready for the Presentation night and the forthcoming Prem adventure! Hope everyone has a great night!