Sign in to follow this  
Excited Canary

DJ Campbell

SkySports undestands that DJ Campbell has a £1.25 million release clause in his Blackpool contract.12 league goals this season, good competition for Jackson, hard working, fits in with Lambert''s ethos, coming from Blackpool won''t be.on high wages - surely worth a punt?

If that figure is correct then it is an absolute steal!

Thoughts?

For £1.25million, I''d happily see us snap him up. He''s improved massively from the one-dimensional player he was earlier in his career.

I''d prefer Shane Long, but you can''t argue with 12 Premier League goals at that price. If we could get him/Long and Nugent (and maybe one more forward), I''d be very happy with our attacking options.

Certainly looks like an annoying little f*** to play against and gets on the end of things well it seems. Certainly wouldn''t argue at that price

If we could get him at around 1.25 million, could be a good buy. I would think that Long would at least 2 million? Also, the fact that Reading could go up and Long would stay. In the season Blackpool got promoted Campbell scored 11 goals in 18 apperances.

Nice little player, horrid to play against, could see him and Holt working rather nicely. And for the price? Hell yeah!

Whatever anybody thinks about him.  He does seem the type of player who gets stuck in for 90 mins with full effort.  On that score, he does tick Lambert''s boxes.

Sorry - forum police! Jed exodus and CD Mullins will not be happy about this post not being grouped together with the other relegated player threads - quick, hide!!!!

who knows a pretty tidy finisher who has a lot to his game. I believe he is very similar to Jackson and in fact would rate him more than Jackson.

However I would like to think we can get two strikers who are better and even put pressure on Holt as we will pick up injuries during next season. Yes next season we are right to start with Holt but I would expect Jackson to be fourth choice behind two new strikers who are more potent and proven.

It is a long season, where by having too similar forwards is not going to mean premiership survival.

Has a good build for a small guy too. Seriously can''t see how we could argue with that price, he''d be a good addition and wouldn''t just make up numbers. Hopefully all will become clearer soon with regards to transfer targets etc. Getting more impatient/excited as each day passes..

[quote user="I am a Banana"]I''d rather not Dj Campbell. have no reason why, but I just dont really like the chap.[/quote]

From a football viewpoint or do you know him personally?

[quote user="CanaryJames"]For £1.25million, I''d happily see us snap him up. He''s improved massively from the one-dimensional player he was earlier in his career. I''d prefer Shane Long, but you can''t argue with 12 Premier League goals at that price. If we could get him/Long and Nugent (and maybe one more forward), I''d be very happy with our attacking options.[/quote]

I can''t understand the regular mention of this clown! A washed-up, one-time, big-time Charlie with a poor attitude. Would only bring negatives to the party.

At the start of the season, he was one of those you had to question as to how he was a premiership footballer. But he managed to get a few key goals, and i think he would be very useful player if we signed him.

Also, i wouldn''t think that too many teams would be interested in him, maybe the play-off winners, Wigan possibly.

If we were interested in him, I''d hope he wouldn''t be the only striker we purchase. I think if he shows he is good enough, he can force his way into the starting line up, but I''d want us to sign another striker to give us a few quality options. I think Long would be an absolute fantastic partner for Holt, as well as Maynard.