Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Paul Lambert - The comedian.

Not sure if these have been posted before, so apologies if so - Had a look on YouTube for some recent videos and found these of Paul Lambert etc at the NCFC end of season bash - Whoever put them up, cheers, gave me a laugh!. Well worth watching them all as there are some very funny moments, including Delia admitting she ''hadn''t had it this week''... Whatever that means...

Anyway, here''s a 2 or 3 - PL on Holty (I think?!)...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Canaryflix#p/u/4/cRRTV7Bp4Ok

And winding up RussM and Crofty...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Canaryflix#p/u/3/zhYiEsszPyU

And abit of a speech with some funny moments, including making Henri ''do the dance''...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Canaryflix#p/u/0/00oynyvVExs

I only posted this about 10 minutes ago -

"Is it me or did Lambert truly let his guard down this evening for the first time? I know he always praises us and comes over to the crowd at the end of the games etc. but this evening during his interview he seemed more relaxed and even after already having spoken to the crowd, he asked for the microphone again and made the comment/joke of "if I''m lucky enough to be offered a 20 year contract"...and said a few more words, made a joke about Holt and was interacting with the crowd when Culverhouse wasn''t going to come out...

Probably just over analysing, but was good to hear."

How wrong I was, great to see this side of him. Great clips!

[quote user="alysha"]

I only posted this about 10 minutes ago -

"Is it me or did Lambert truly let his guard down this evening for the first time? I know he always praises us and comes over to the crowd at the end of the games etc. but this evening during his interview he seemed more relaxed and even after already having spoken to the crowd, he asked for the microphone again and made the comment/joke of "if I''m lucky enough to be offered a 20 year contract"...and said a few more words, made a joke about Holt and was interacting with the crowd when Culverhouse wasn''t going to come out...

Probably just over analysing, but was good to hear."

How wrong I was, great to see this side of him. Great clips!

[/quote]

Funnily enough Alysha, I read your post straight after I put that lot up! Worth checking out that particular YouTube channel for more videos from the evening, the one where Delia keeps putting her foot in it made me laugh, and Holty comes out with some good''uns aswell - Check ''em out!

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]Cheers for that Alex, brilliant! [:D][/quote]

Mac, in true Lambert style, you shouldn''t be thanking me - It''s not about me, what that YouTuber has done for me has been magnificent, monumental, he''s shown hunger and desire, a real work ethic, to post those unbelievable videos - If you''d have told me 2 years ago that I''d be posting up videos like this I''d have said you were crazy, out of your mind. It''s a great achievement.

But anyway, yeah agree with Mac, thanks to the chap/chapette whom uploaded them on YouTube in the first place - Good to see they''re giving us a laugh!.

I think the thing about those videos is that they really do paint a very clear picture of how great that team spirit is, and how well they all get on - Very close knit. As a City fan, that''s exactly what you want to see at the club, management and players who love being where they are. Forget the wage side of things, you can see why they all rush into work in the morning and bend over backwards for the boss (sorry Russ and Crofty!). I did like PL''s story about taking advantage of Culverhouse when he was drunk, or rather, convincing him to be his assistant after a sherry or two - Look''s like whoever went that night had a blast!.

I think I''m falling in love with Lambert more and more each day...[:$] Heaven forbid the day he leaves us [:''(]

[quote user="alysha"]I think I''m falling in love with Lambert more and more each day...[:$] Heaven forbid the day he leaves us [:''(][/quote]

It doesn''t bear thinking about, does it Alysha? The whole of Norfolk (and beyond ;)) would be in mourning. But we do know he likes a challenge, and there''s still plenty for him to do and achieve here so don''t panic just yet mate - The seeds are in place here for him to take us to the next level and beyond... We''re not going sideways, and we aren''t going down, we''re going UP - with that in mind, and I think he''ll be here for a while yet - Hopefully a very long while!.

I just watched all those videos on that from that link Alex. Thanks for posting it and thanks to the Utuber.

Some things just confirmed what we already know about Lambert and his squad but some were an eyeopener for me. We all know that in May 2009 we had very few players of our own and some of those we had couldn''t wait to jump ship. We were sadly lacking in big characters who would show leadership, not just on the pitch but in the dressing room too. Lambert has obviously signed players with those qualities but listening to him speak about Michael Nelson and Matt Gill he obviously inherited some too.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I just watched all those videos on that from that link Alex. Thanks for posting it and thanks to the Utuber.

Some things just confirmed what we already know about Lambert and his squad but some were an eyeopener for me. We all know that in May 2009 we had very few players of our own and some of those we had couldn''t wait to jump ship. We were sadly lacking in big characters who would show leadership, not just on the pitch but in the dressing room too. Lambert has obviously signed players with those qualities but listening to him speak about Michael Nelson and Matt Gill he obviously inherited some too.

[/quote]

No problem, Nutty, tis good people have enjoyed watching the videos. Interesting what you say about Michael Nelson etc, I thought he was taking the p1ss with his comments? (which would be in keeping with most of his ''attacks'' on the players, past and present!). Will have re-watch it shortly.

I was lucky enough to be at the Awards Dinner and see that speech first hand. He was hilarious allnight as were the players and staff. I had Mr Crofts next to me who was a really nice bloke and seemed quite humbled by it all. All the players had nothing but respect for Lambert. Seems a while since we''ve had a manager like that.

I met Paul Lambert last night. Had my picture taken with him. Really lovely bloke. Obviously slightly drunk, but a really great manager and a polite bloke who deserves everything he gets. I hope he''s here for years and years and years.

Have to say the more I see of PL the more you have to admire in him. It was nice to see him have a laugh and joke with the players and that the players take it all too.

The bit about Holt, the comment about Lansbury''s dancing on the pitch,Martin and Crofts,Nelson, and Pacheco sense of dress (big issue seller) just showed the great spirit among the squad. I am always impressed at how he manages to include everyone and takes the limelight of himself.

It was great seeing that side of him and the bit about Culverhouse being pissed in Marbella too, sounded like a great night. ;)

[quote user="Alex"][quote user="macdougalls perm"]Cheers for that Alex, brilliant! [:D][/quote] Mac, in true Lambert style, you shouldn''t be thanking me - It''s not about me, what that YouTuber has done for me has been magnificent, monumental, he''s shown hunger and desire, a real work ethic, to post those unbelievable videos - If you''d have told me 2 years ago that I''d be posting up videos like this I''d have said you were crazy, out of your mind. It''s a great achievement. But anyway, yeah agree with Mac, thanks to the chap/chapette whom uploaded them on YouTube in the first place - Good to see they''re giving us a laugh!.[/quote]

[:D]

Maybe you could try sending Canaryflix a message Swindon. I don''t know how the whole thing works but I should imagine you can still message him.

Ooops. Hope I didn''t upset or get anyone into trouble for posting those videos - That was certainly not my intention. Perhaps some of the jokes were a little near the knuckle for the straight laced folk of this world, but the management/players etc are human beings and deserve to have their fun too. At least some of us got to have a laugh, very funny stuff. Haha Big Issue seller! Still laughing now!.

[quote user="Alex"]Ooops. Hope I didn''t upset or get anyone into trouble for posting those videos - That was certainly not my intention. Perhaps some of the jokes were a little near the knuckle for the straight laced folk of this world, but the management/players etc are human beings and deserve to have their fun too. At least some of us got to have a laugh, very funny stuff. Haha Big Issue seller! Still laughing now!.[/quote]I think it is something for a select audience and not meant for the wider world to see. Look at the thread about the Daily Mail to see how quickly newspapers can spin something into something completely different.

The scrutiny of the media is upon us and every fart will be recorded, sadly a nice little scandal about good old Norwich City would  delight the hacks out there. Anyway Alex I enjoyed what you did and thanks for sharing it! Sadly I suspect oppertunities for something similar in the future will rapidly diminish.

I get the feeling PL has started spending the £40 million judging by those clips, at the bar!! lol

It was good to see them let their hair down after a hard season. ;)

OTBC