Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

Plastic Fans, Plastic Cats and Dogs

[URL=http://www.imagebam.com/image/c719c6132031413][IMG]http://thumbnails40.imagebam.com/13204/c719c6132031413.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote user="Walphy"]

Well, nutty, I suppose you can fool a lot of the people much of the time.

But, quite frankly, I far prefer when you do Margaret Thatcher............

And............

[pi]

[/quote]

Now then Walphy, you''re barking up the wrong tree again[&]

As you can see dear old Maggie was active on the board last night so it would be impossible to be in two places at once so to speak. Anyway, Bore Bore Bor is far to clever for me, pointin'' out all those spellin'' mistakes ''n''all. I look forward to his posts and take my hat off to whoever writes his scripts. No credit can be mine though.

Who cares if they only come when we''re successful? What if they can''t afford to go that often, makes more sense to pay to see more games when your more likely to get a result. Rather have a crowd filled with fans who don''t go that often than people who go every week but sneer at those who aren''t lucky enough to have the privilege to go to all the games with some bizarre superiority complex.

[quote user="Skittles16"]Who cares if they only come when we''re successful? What if they can''t afford to go that often, makes more sense to pay to see more games when your more likely to get a result. Rather have a crowd filled with fans who don''t go that often than people who go every week but sneer at those who aren''t lucky enough to have the privilege to go to all the games with some bizarre superiority complex.[/quote]What a welcome breath of fresh air.....10/10 [*]

Ya.. but then why were they not there when we went up from League One... To many jump on the bandwagon. Pushing infront of me at the parade and stopping me from having a good time.. I shake my head in shame at theses people who jump on the bandwagon.

[quote user="L4cole"]Ya.. but then why were they not there when we went up from League One... To many jump on the bandwagon. Pushing infront of me at the parade and stopping me from having a good time.. I shake my head in shame at theses people who jump on the bandwagon.[/quote]

Yea ok, but if they weren''t there the atmosphere would only have been half as good- I doubt its a personal attack against you to prevent you from celebrating. If getting to the front of the barriers meant so much you could always have got there earlier?

L4Cole, I wasn''t there last year because I was living in Manchester at the time, but had the pleasure of going Tuesday. So that''s one accounted for.  I assume all the other extra fans will be on here shortly to let you know their reasons...

I was indeed one of the first people there. Its the people who got there late and pushed in. The clear clingers on with the there Norwich shirt on from the Premiership season. That fecks me off!!!Anyway that''s not really my point. I am just not a fan of people who will drop Norwich when the times are hard and pick us back up again when we are flying high!Like a good percentage the other night!

And as for people who cant afford it. I know not everyone can but season ticket requests have now gone through the roof!! Plastics!!

Loved watching the open top bus ride & civic reception, watched it on my computer, live stream from ITV and commentary from BBC radio Norfolk.I can make it to most home games (and many away) but midweek I have to earn a living and miss all those games and  Norwich''s centre parade.I''m very grateful to those that don''t go to matches, but managed to fill in for my absence. 

There are tens of thousands of supporters that care about City deeply but are not able to turn up regularly. Many can''t afford it; may be away at work or university; may have family commitments etc etc.

Rather than criticise their involvement we should welcome the fact that the club captures the hearts of the whole community in a way which is beyond just simple football. The remarkable thing about the club is the way that it is so warmly regarded by the whole community, which is one of the reason why our gates have been consistently high despite the relative lack of success on the pitch before the last two years.

I think that those self-appointed ''superior'' fans in that inner circle could learn an awful lot from this thread.

But they won''t.

Come on you yellows!!

L4Cole - Unfortunatley I live the wrong side of Anglia & have a job that doesn''t pay enough to be able to attend each game. The fact that I have only just been able to afford to pass my driving test has also restricted my attendance. However I try to get to at least 3 games a season be they pre-season friendlies, league matches or cup matches. I also make sure I buy at least 1 shirt each season & have also got my wife interested in football for the first time in her life.

Please would you care to explain to me how this makes me a ''plastic'' supporter considering I attended the parade last year as well as this years & have been supporting Norwich since I was 10?

Rant over!

[quote user="Walphy"]

I think that those self-appointed ''superior'' fans in that inner circle could learn an awful lot from this thread.

But they won''t.

Come on you yellows!!

[/quote]

Now while your in disguise Walphy maybe you could tell us who those "self appointed ''superior fans'' in that inner circle" are? Are they everyone on this mb who thinks you''re a plank? Or are they all the fans who went to the Canary quiz last week? Or all those in the Nelson on Saturday afternoon? Or maybe the 25,000 who go? Or the estimated 40,000 at the parade? Or everyone else apart from you and cluck?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Walphy"]

But they won''t.

Come on you yellows!!

[/quote]

Now while your in disguise Walphy maybe you could tell us who those "self appointed ''superior fans'' in that inner circle" are? Are they everyone on this mb who thinks you''re a plank? Or are they all the fans who went to the Canary quiz last week? Or all those in the Nelson on Saturday afternoon? Or maybe the 25,000 who go? Or the estimated 40,000 at the parade? Or everyone else apart from you and cluck?

[/quote]

See what I mean?

Come on you yellows!!

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

Hope you''ve got a strong rod, Bore.

You''ve got millions queueing to get on your hook. [:D]

[/quote]

[:D]

[quote user="Walphy"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Walphy"]

But they won''t.

Come on you yellows!!

[/quote]

[/quote]

See what I mean?

Come on you yellows!!

[/quote]

Well i for one do not Bly/Walphy so if you could explain further without reference to my education or the tiresome old thick plod routine it would help the very very few of us on here who play along with your silly threads and posts to keep you entertained.

And among the 40,000 there is the inner quadrant, the vocal minority who lord it over all of us with their self congratulatory bleating, when they''re not hijacking threads to argue amongst themselves.  Dear oh dear oh dear.  A penny to a pound that none of them have been within fifty yards of Carrow Road unless it''s to tug on Delia''s apron strings.