Sign in to follow this  
shefcanary

Claridge, in his latest blog, says......

...we looked nervous on Monday and that the pressure was getting to us.  Anyone agree or do you think he has been slipped a few by Colin and / or Jones to try and wind us up?

I don''t think the players looked nervous, however you could feel the tension in the crowd, which is to be expected but I wish some people wouldn''t groan each time someone miss places a pass or passes it backwords, as the players will be able to sense this when they need all the support they can get.

"try and wind us up ?"

only those daft enough to read such drivel

Dont think he is trying to wind us up as he tipped us to get 2nd spot Saturday , think when he was asked if he was sticking with Norwich on Monday he was close to changing his mind but stuck with us.

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"]... I don''t know why I''m a pundit on the Football League Show because I talk a load of cr@p but the pay''s ok and I get to see Lizzie in those tight tops [:P][/quote]Which are a tad less tight now that she''s had her sprog........

Yeah he said on the FLS Norwich looked nervous throughout while Cardiff were comfortable in their 1-0 over Preston - sounds to me like he''s just seen the Derby goals - he never mentioned the fact that we had Derby penned in for most of 90 minutes!

[quote user="Ncfc"]Dont think he is trying to wind us up as he tipped us to get 2nd spot Saturday , think when he was asked if he was sticking with Norwich on Monday he was close to changing his mind but stuck with us.[/quote]He was backing us as soon as we took second off Swansea. After we lost it to Cardiff, having drawn with Watford, he was backing Cardiff. When we pulled ourselves back to second, he was again backing our corner.1 Point ahead of Cardiff, but a goal worse off in the goal difference, all with 2 games to go, and we''re in second, ''just''... Surprise surprise, he''s backing us, ''just''.Seriously? The way the BBC present his ''insight'' into the game, one would be forgiven for thinking him the nations appointed soothsayer on all footballing matters, when all he fudging does is look at the fudging table! [:@]

It must be tricky for claridge. He comments on 70 odds clubs on a regular basis each of who have a legion of loyal fans who know the ins and outs of their club like th back of their hand and are only too willing to pick him apart. I like him and I think he has more insight than Dion and Holland manage and they just have a region to worry about.

Made me laugh on tv the other night when Matt Holland said I know your not a betting man but who would you bet on if you was?.

I''ve seen him in bookies on the Prince of Wales twice and I hardly go in there.All he does is bet and change his mind of course

"when all he fudging does is look at the fudging table!"

and his notes

he''s nearly as bad as Hansen - who can''t string more than a sentence without having to look down at his notes

Total rubbish.We were commanding and absolutely dominated. Derby had three opportunities, one of which they missed and the other two were goals.

The FLS should dump "Cleggy" and Stick with Rosenior permanently... maybe get Dion Dublin in too.. Although a former player he can remain impartial and makes the god awful late kick off worth watching.

get Savage on there next season after his retirement from playing [:P] Seriously though....

Mind you, lets hope we don''t have to worry about the FLS next season..

Tin hat time.

I think there''s something in what Claridge said. I thought that we were in total control of the game until Derby scored to make it 1-1. After that, I thought we looked pretty rattled, chasing the game even when we''d restored our lead. The second equaliser was definitely coming. The thing I thought was odd was that Lambert took off Fox and Surman, our two best passers, just at the time when we needed someone to calm things down. In the last twenty minutes we had Crofts at the base of the diamond with three individualists, Hoolahan, Lansbury and Pacheco in front of him. No wonder our play had no pattern at all, no wonder we got more and more frustrated, no wonder Savage was able to run the game (and referee it at the same time). I think we should have kept the same XI on the pitch and backed ourselves to reestablish our first-half dominance.

We got through the game thanks to the passion and determination of our wonderful team, and I will remember the last minute for as long as I live. But I think we should have sewn up the game long before then, and I think we would have done had we kept our nerve a little better. For me it was a reminder of the team (and the manager''s) inexperience.