Sign in to follow this  
Minster Canary

Rohan Ricketts

I really hope not, he was on Talksport a couple of months ago begging for a team to take him on. I sent him the following email. But he never replied.

Hi Rohan,

Really sorry to hear about your current prediciment.

I am the founder, manager, captain and star player for Allerton Bywater League Runners up Nuvola Blues.

We are currently 4th this season, but I believe with your help we could achieve more, we could even make it into the regional finals.

Unfortunatley there is no salary, and technically you should pay £5 per week subs, however I would be happy to waiver that to bring in a player of your staure to the club.

We do usually go back to a local pub, that offers a bottler of Carlsberg for a £1, I would provide 2 of these for you. No more as you will be expected to drive. Im sorry expenses are not included.

You would become our club captain. It is 5-a-side and me been the striker and all, Id excpect you to fit in just behind me and provide the ammo for my sharp finishing.

We have a cruical game tonight, if you could make it that would be great.

If you are happy with the deal I will email Skysports and let them know, they will be very please to hear about a real transfer that is actually happening.

Would be great to see ''Ricketts signs for Nuvola blues'' on the bottom on their little yellow ticker!!!

Please respond ASAP so we can get the contract faxed over to FIFA.

Wow, this could be a fantastic transfer dealine day for ''Le Blues''

Regards

Chris Mullins

When we had that Aleksandr Kokko fella on trial a couple of months ago, we agreed that trialists probably come and go all the time, but things rarely come of it. Didn''t we have some un-named Brazilian defender on trial last summer?Ricketts'' last three clubs have been in Hungary, Moldova, and the regional leagues in Germany, so IF he has indeed got a trial with us, two things: a) How/why? and b) Nothing will come of it.

I know it''s only the Sun, but been invited for trial apparently:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3561757/Lambert-is-all-go-for-Rohan.html

"NORWICH boss Paul Lambert is ready to make former Spurs and Arsenal midfielder Rohan Ricketts his first Premier League signing.

Ricketts, 28, has been invited for a trial after the Canaries secured a return to the big-time on Monday.

The ex-England Under-21 star, who has been playing for German side SV Wilhelmshaven, said: "I want to return to England.""

Always liked him as a player when he was at Tottenham but then seemed to go off the radar and completely fall away. But i''m not gonna seconds guess Lambert''s judgement!

Nothing in this at all apart from a bunch of people mucking around on Twitter etc

Now interviewing Rohan Rickets from Wilhelmshaven, Germany, who has been offered a trial by Lambert.

Was posted on here yesterday.

Not received well either i don''t think... (I would have thought we could get better than him)

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Was posted on here yesterday. Not received well either i don''t think... (I would have thought we could get better than him)[/quote]

Perhaps Lambert had him in mind if we remained in the Championship. Still no harm in trialling him though as he is only 28.

So he was struggling to get into Toronto''s side recently after years of being on the slide as a bit part player at Spurs.

Well he must have an impressive agent to even get PL to view his CV. But then I would never have the temurity to even question PL''s knowledge of footballers, if he says he''s good enough, then he''s probably good enough.

Blimey, really?? - isn''t he old and crap ??

Old, No. Crap, Yes.

Are you thinking of michael Ricketts?

The worst ever player to play for England.

Perhaps with a kick up the arse and a focus, he can be a good player, don''t really remember much about him from his time in England, can anyone enlighten?

Arsenal Ressies

Spurs Ressies

Various Championship clubs on loan

Moldovan League

2nd Div German Team

On Talksport begging for a club

2nd Div German Team

Couple of England U''18, U''21 appearances.

[quote user="CDMullins"]Arsenal Ressies Spurs Ressies Various Championship clubs on loan Moldovan League 2nd Div German Team On Talksport begging for a club 2nd Div German Team Couple of England U''18, U''21 appearances.[/quote]

I think my CV is better and all that is on it is a Counterbalance truck licence!!