Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

THE SUN - QPR SET TO BE STRIPPED OF THE TITLE.

You can easily find on the internet that the new FA Third Party rule came in on 4th July2009 and QPR signed Faurlin on the 7th July 2009. Even if those dates are wrong, if Faurlin is proven to be a Third Party player then QPR are guilty of non-disclosure to the FA for almost two years, and Swindon were relgated for that misdemeanour in 1990.

[quote user="JimRoyle"]I see Brendan Rodgers is the latest manager to bemoan the absurd timing of QPR''s disclipinary hearing. (see BBC football)
[/quote]

It''s not absurd though as it ensured that the current positions are fair and based on every team trying to it''s full potential and leaves the door open for draconian punishment. Relegation of QPR mid-season would have been chaos and  even more clubs would have been complaining because they would have been losing any points that they had already earned against QPR.  If the FA had deemed the QPR case to be minor and QPR had pleaded guilty, I''m sure they would have implemented an immediate points deduction, but as QPR are denying the allegations there has to be this court situation.  Thus QPR have brought an even more serious penalty upon themselves IMO.

I would love to see them get a points deduction but I just see the FA doing it. The reason why is because I think that they will decide that it would be too cruel on Warnock after the Tevez affair - I mean Warnock was desperate for West Ham to get a points deduction but the down side happened, they didn''t. If they did the down side on Warnock again it would make it look like they have disliking to him.

Does the date of the regulation really matter?

The British football world was up in arms about this following the Tevez affair so when negotiating the contract QPR knew what the financial consequences would be, that it was outside of what was acceptable and more crucially that the FA/FL were re-writing the rules to address the gap. All this deal was done before the date is a red herring - they knew it was wrong and carried on regardless.

Likewise the dates and misleading info being an innocent error seems just too convenient - how naive do they think we are?

It should be a points deduction applicable this season (next year would be an even bigger travesty) Thats the only fair solution to the other 91 clubs who abide by these rules and have not sought to get a competetive advantage.

I do feel sorry for Colin (player signed pre his arrival) the players (who have shown they are the best side in the league) and the fans who have waited so long; but the club broke the regulations so its the clubs league standing that should suffer.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]Does the date of the regulation really matter? The British football world was up in arms about this following the Tevez affair so when negotiating the contract QPR knew what the financial consequences would be, that it was outside of what was acceptable and more crucially that the FA/FL were re-writing the rules to address the gap. All this deal was done before the date is a red herring - they knew it was wrong and carried on regardless. Likewise the dates and misleading info being an innocent error seems just too convenient - how naive do they think we are? It should be a points deduction applicable this season (next year would be an even bigger travesty) Thats the only fair solution to the other 91 clubs who abide by these rules and have not sought to get a competetive advantage. I do feel sorry for Colin (player signed pre his arrival) the players (who have shown they are the best side in the league) and the fans who have waited so long; but the club broke the regulations so its the clubs league standing that should suffer.[/quote]

The answer is no, as I said earlier, because of the FA rule on duty to disclose material facts to the FA that QPR decided not to do.... ALLEGEDLY... LOL

[quote user="paul moy"]You can easily find on the internet that the new FA Third Party rule came in on 4th July2009 and QPR signed Faurlin on the 7th July 2009. Even if those dates are wrong, if Faurlin is proven to be a Third Party player then QPR are guilty of non-disclosure to the FA for almost two years, and Swindon were relgated for that misdemeanour in 1990.[/quote]

They extended his contract last October ( think it was October ) and at that point they alledgedly !!!  gave missleading information and falsified documents dont see how you could not have known about the rule change then.

I also understand a large number of clubs have today been advised of a likely move of the play off dates. This includes clubs that technically cannot qualify at present.

The biggest irony could be that QPR are relegated and Sheff Utd stay up because of this ruling lol Colin would have got his point over then re his beloved Sheff Utd. 

Paul Moy: "The biggest irony could be that QPR are relegated and Sheff Utd stay up

because of this ruling lol Colin would have got his point over then re

his beloved Sheff Utd."For that to happen they would need to be relegated down 2 divisions. Swindon Town got promoted in 1990 but were relegated so they in the end just stayed in the same division.

[quote user="NauruDude"]Paul Moy: "The biggest irony could be that QPR are relegated and Sheff Utd stay up

because of this ruling lol Colin would have got his point over then re

his beloved Sheff Utd."For that to happen they would need to be relegated down 2 divisions. Swindon Town got promoted in 1990 but were relegated so they in the end just stayed in the same division.[/quote]Actually no. They were relegated 2 divisions but it was reduced to one on appeal. Therefore staying where they were.

[quote user="NauruDude"]Paul Moy: "The biggest irony could be that QPR are relegated and Sheff Utd stay up because of this ruling lol Colin would have got his point over then re his beloved Sheff Utd."

For that to happen they would need to be relegated down 2 divisions. Swindon Town got promoted in 1990 but were relegated so they in the end just stayed in the same division.
[/quote]

''Lambert is King made that comment, not me. The rule was broken by QPR throughout the whole of last season so they should have been in League 1 this season, so I could see that actually happening before appeal. On appeal, QPR will remain in the Championship but without access to the play-offs IMO. 

This whole issue suddenly seems to be gaining in momentum what with the Football League "warning" earlier today that Play Off dates could be changed. I think I''d really be getting worried now if I were a QPR fan. There was really no need for the FL to issue this warning today as they could have waited until the verdict on Friday - I mean, what are Clubs supposed to do with that information right now.

The more I hear about this, the worse it sounds for QPR and if it were us in that predicament, I''d be fearing the worst.

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="NauruDude"]Paul Moy: "The biggest irony could be that QPR are relegated and Sheff Utd stay up because of this ruling lol Colin would have got his point over then re his beloved Sheff Utd."

For that to happen they would need to be relegated down 2 divisions. Swindon Town got promoted in 1990 but were relegated so they in the end just stayed in the same division.
[/quote]

''Lambert is King made that comment, not me. The rule was broken by QPR throughout the whole of last season so they should have been in League 1 this season, so I could see that actually happening before appeal. On appeal, QPR will remain in the Championship but without access to the play-offs IMO. 

[/quote]

It just gets stranger by the day. If QPR have really done what people are beginning to suggest ( but I think the papers are guessing ie falsified documents and even after having the rules again explained to them they still denied 3rd party ownership), then that surely is as bad as it can get. I have no idea wether these situations ever happened, but it seems strange that if QPR are now admitting the charges but stating mitigating circumstances why a hearing like this - why not just say they have admitted their guilt and the penalty is ???. As far as I am aware if QPR are relegated whoever finishes 3rd bottom stay up. The way it worked in the Luton case was that they were deducted 15 points and given leave to appeal. However they were given the option of signing a document not to appeal, but being warned if they did appeal they would be thrown out of the league ( assuming their appeal was unsuccessful ).

The fact that QPR are one of the bankrolled clubs makes this far worse for them as if a meaningless fine IMO this would give license to all the bankrolled clubs to behave in the same manner and only be fined. Like I said before if Ecclestone was to be banned you have to fear for QPR as a club.as surely his money will be withdrawn. He might be able to break rules in his sport and Sultans ect maybe able to make rules and changes in their own countries, but this is football, despite what we may think sometimes, run to a set of rules to the benefit of all.

I will however stress again as yet QPR have not been found guilty so all the guess work on the punishment would be irrelevant, however under the circumstances would you not have expected 100''s of QPR fans on here taking the p**s. If they did not cheat fine but if they did noone should feel sorry for them as we all know the risks of having a 3rd party bankrolling your club - give me McNally over somebodies millions anytime  

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"]Fu(k the QPR verdict.I couldn''t give a t0$$ anymore!!!!![/quote]I bet Cardiff could.

I''m sure they would Ricardo, and on this showing i really hope that they do go up with us. Six easy points and one less to worry about in the relegation dog fight!!!

Have not seen this mentioned yet, but rather than post yet another QPR thread, I''ll post it here -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/q/qpr/9473285.stm

I''m 99.9% certain that Friday will see us crowned Champions of the Championship (Hope I''m right anyway!)....

If I was deciding the punishment for QPR, provided they are found guilty, and wanted to ensure no delay to the play offs I would do the following.

Deduct 20 points which could be increased in the event of an appeal (fairly standard with football punishments). This would mean that if QPR accepted this punishment they would go into their last game, home to Leeds, knowing that a victory would take them into the play offs still giving them a chance of promotion. It would certainly make it an interesting last day of the championship season.

[quote user="PKC"]

If I was deciding the punishment for QPR, provided they are found guilty, and wanted to ensure no delay to the play offs I would do the following.

Deduct 20 points which could be increased in the event of an appeal (fairly standard with football punishments). This would mean that if QPR accepted this punishment they would go into their last game, home to Leeds, knowing that a victory would take them into the play offs still giving them a chance of promotion. It would certainly make it an interesting last day of the championship season.

[/quote]Dock them 20 points at the start of next season - it would be a great help to us!

[quote user="Gingerpele"]The key question in all of this....

Is Faurlin even any good?[/quote]

He''ll be good in League 1, GP... ;)

[quote user="Gingerpele"]The key question in all of this....

Is Faurlin even any good?[/quote]

He''ll be good in League 1, GP... ;)

[quote user="Gingerpele"]The key question in all of this.... Is Faurlin even any good?[/quote]

He was voted QPR Player of the Season last year apparently, and he ironically scored a cracker in the victory against Sheff Utd a few weeks ago.

[quote user="PKC"]

[/quote]

Yep, happy with that but not sure that Forest would !

Listening to Mark Palios on the BBC, he gave such an emphatic ''YES'' when asked whether he thought QPR would be docked points makes me feel that I''ll be amazed if we aren''t crowned Champions on Saturday. Up until a week or two ago before this Sun story/FA source business came out, I really felt it''d be just a fine. But even Taarabts bricking it now, Shaun Derry gave the same impression last night - Hardly the sign of players being told by their club that they have nothing to worry about, ''We''re innocent''!. Cardiff and Forest to come up with us I reckon...

Would anyone be surprised if QPR were actually relegated?

I have been saying that QPR need a points deduction for what they have done. Not for personal gains but for the sake of breaking the rules. QPR fans have been coming on here saying we only want it for us to be guaranteed automatic promotion, well that was all a load of old tosh. If a 100 meter sprinter failed a drugs test should they be stripped of their gold? Of course they should.Colin is going to get everything he deserves, keep the title, I am not saying it because I want Norwich to go up as Champions, we are up anyway, but hit them hard, hit them fair and show the world the FA isn''t a push over and no amount of money, moaning or media spin will change the facts. IF YOU CHEAT, YOU WILL GET PUNISHED!

Rules are there for a reason.Those that blatantly break the rules should be punished, otherwise what''s the point in rules? Plus I really want to see Neil Warnocks face when he''s moaning on TV about it!!

[quote user="Jonzey"]Rules are there for a reason.Those that blatantly break the rules should be punished, otherwise what''s the point in rules? Plus I really want to see Neil Warnocks face when he''s moaning on TV about it!![/quote]Exactly!

Anybody else find it strange that lawyers from the same company ( Blackstone ) are being used for defence and prosecution.  [:D]