Sign in to follow this  
Snakepit Ric

Jackson haters!!!

Just wondered where they are now. ?? Oh yeah moved on to ruddy .

Just want to say well done to the lad. after all the slagging off he was getting and lack of first team chances. Now he''s been given a fair go he''s showing the class what lambert saw in him so bravo.

Also thought ward was superb as well as surman

Onwards and upwards otbc !!!!

There were not any Jackson haters, there were people (like me) that doubted his quality. And i have seen lots of comments recently (and i have barely been on the forums recently) people saying how happy they are they have been proved wrong.

Jackson was up for it tonight. He needs to play like that more often because he really troubled Forest with his pace.

So pleased for Jacko. Getting a couple of goals has given him the license to maybe take a bad touch or make the wrong choice without those discontented mumblings ringing out, which I think is helping him immensely.He almost seems like a new player these days, and his disallowed goal was nonetheless a very sharp finish.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]And i have seen lots of comments recently (and i have barely been on the forums recently) people saying how happy they are they have been proved wrong.[/quote]

Of course you''re happy to be proved wrong, Ginger Pele. That''s what anyone would say in this situation, but, and here''s the but - It doesn''t make it right how venomous our very own fans can be towards our own players when they''ve barely kicked a ball in anger. I must stress though that I''m not suggesting you''re one of the posters who behaved like that - A few just had a little winge, fair enough, but it''s the minority who take it too far with their criticizem (i.e personal) that deserve to be p155ed on from a great height. There IS a difference.

Name and shame then Alex, because I can''t think of any.Like was said earlier in the thread, people have had doubts, which is fair. I had doubts if he was good enough, and tonight he showed he may finally be on the way to being so.

nice summary, Mason 47. Couldn''t have put it better. He really seems to be settling in now, and it really feels like we have a new quality signing.

Nobody hates Jackson or thinks he''s a bad player - ridiculous to say so. I''ve certainly never given him any stick on here because i haven''t seen enough of him.

But i will say, and me and my mate are probably the only ones in the whole ground, and of all the people watching, to say it, that he looked a tad lightweight! He scrapped hard and got stuck in, but i thought he was in their centre back''s pockets most of the night!

He harried and hustled them but never really got the better of them. And he had a great chance with a far post header second half that in the end he was outmuscled on.

But i am prepared to admit he obviously performed better than i had really appreciated from my seat because the world and his wife are saying how well he played so they can''t all be wrong!

[quote user="a1canary"]Nobody hates Jackson or thinks he''s a bad player - ridiculous to say so. I''ve certainly never given him any stick on here because i haven''t seen enough of him.

But i will say, and me and my mate are probably the only ones in the whole ground, and of all the people watching, to say it, that he looked a tad lightweight! He scrapped hard and got stuck in, but i thought he was in their centre back''s pockets most of the night!

He harried and hustled them but never really got the better of them. And he had a great chance with a far post header second half that in the end he was outmuscled on.

But i am prepared to admit he obviously performed better than i had really appreciated from my seat because the world and his wife are saying how well he played so they can''t all be wrong![/quote]You make a fair point, the difference between a Jackson and a Defoe is physical strength, and the differences are there for all to see. I like him as a player, he is growing on me, but he has Earnshaw written all over him, tricky but not physically strong enough.

I think you''re right to say Simeon is a bit lightweight but then that''s pretty much a given due to his size, especially when he''s up against big units like Wes Morgan.

However, he never let them have it easy - that was the main thing. Even if you''re not going to win the ball at least make the defender work for it, make them worry and then you never know what might happen.

He gave a lot tonight and I''d be very surprised if that performance hasn''t earned him a start against Ipswich.

Agree with most of you... and said as much on other threads. Delighted for Simeon and hope he rips ipswich apart. Deserved a goal tonight and was very very unlucky to be ruled offside for his goal. He was actually on the line but linesman couldnt have seen defender so ruled off.

A1.... Did u drop your bike off 1st mate or risk the station lol.

Come on you YELLA''S

Sorry, but I still have reservations about the guy. The offside decision was a bit harsh and he finished it well, and the shot against the post was sooo close too but I still think he lacks a bit. He just didn''t seem hungry enough most of the time for me today. Still can''t help but see him as a league 1 opportunist. Can''t see him scoring except against a weakened opposition. Hope Lambert doesn''t start him again this season. May die by my words... but only too happy if I do!

The thing about Jackson that I have noticed is how far his technical ability has come since the beggining of the season. His first touch has improved as has his composure on the ball. He now looks a real threat when running at opposistion players. There are still weaknesses to his game, he often lets himself be pushed wide and, unlike Holt, can''t deliver a dangerous ball. His passing and link up play is below average for our team IMO. Despite this he has really improved and shows no sign of slowing his progress. Long may it continue !

I mis-read that post above and thought you said Jackson was a "tad OVERweight"!

I wouldnt say "HATERS", i for doubted if he could make the step up. glad the lad is coming good just at the right time and Jacko fully deserved the MOTM award imho[Y] OTBC

At least you have held your hands up more than some on here. Let''s hope he proves everyone wrong and bangs in a few more for us. Also thought it was great how lambert greeted him when he came off.

Also regarding his strengh and height me playing as centre back ( not quiet Norwich standard but half decent ). I would rather play against a strong big striker Any day. Rather than a small little whippet because once they are passed You they are gone.

Look at earnshaw and defo they have made a good career out of being like this.

I am not a Jackson hater, but I have had doubts about him as a striker. Whenever he has started a macth he has tended to be disappointing, so I have tended to think of him as an impact sub when defender legs are becoming a little tired.

Last night has probably caused revision of that, but my second doubt all along has been his poor conversion rate of chances to goals. (I have to say that Holt also has the same "fault".) He seldom scores with headers, partly perhaps because of his slight build.

I think that he has improved recently, but I think that when we get into the Premiership, 2011 or whenever, we shall need to find a more consistent striker who is able to accept even half chances, make space and score. Neither Holt nor Jackson, no Martin for that matter, are conistently good at this.

I have not seen the Daily Telegraph Monday statistical tables recently, but I would think that we are well above everyone else in chances created and attempts at goal, and have been running at something like 13 per match.Our convserion rate may be good, but if it had been very good QPR would have been trailing us!

[quote user="TRAVIS ASKEW"]Agree with most of you... and said as much on other threads. Delighted for Simeon and hope he rips ipswich apart. Deserved a goal tonight and was very very unlucky to be ruled offside for his goal. He was actually on the line but linesman couldnt have seen defender so ruled off.

A1.... Did u drop your bike off 1st mate or risk the station lol.

Come on you YELLA''S[/quote]

I took a third option in the end mate which was to leave it at cousins place. Trouble is they live north of the ring road at St Augustines so it was quite a trek to the ground. Nearly missed the last train on the way back!

I always thought that Jackson looked a good player, at one point he had the best goal to minutes on pitch ratio in the league. It was more a matter of him getting a good run in the team and the rest of the players getting used to how to play with him. Too often we used to lump the ball up towards the strikers, and Jackson is never going to win headers against tall centre backs. Like others have said I think his ball control has improved significantly, which has meant he is able to control play more efficiently.

Jackson was up for it last night - unlucky with the offside and hit the post.

Still not convinced he is a natural partner for Holt and his hold up play needs to be so much better - whats the point of pace to get the ball when you lose possession too often? But a marked improvement

The important thing to remember is that Jackson is improving, as are so many players at the club, but he still lacks that little bit that is needed to be a regular partner for Holt. Hopefully he can continue to improve and fill that role later.

To all those people who thought he was MoM last night ..... yes he had a far batter game but do not get confused when a player runs, chases and puts pressure on opposition defenders all night, he still needs that final ball or the goals to go with it.

A couple of seasons back the Player of the Season was a player who gave his all, chased around all match and showed more effort than most of his team mates, but he was sadly lacking in quality (especially crossing!) which is why he is now struggling out on loan at a League One club.

Hopefully Simeon will prove to be far better than him, and workrate is a must for any modern footballer, but he is still far from the finished article.

Great comment from PL on Radio norfolk last night when it was mentioned that he (Jackson) was getting a lot praise in the studio to which PL replied ah yes that''ll be the ones that were having a go at him earlier in the season........[Y] Brilliant

I thoght Jackson worked hard especially when we were defending as he gave us an outlet with his pace and he does stretch defenders (they all hate pace) most or the time. He won a good few free kicks in key areas when we needed him too. Yes he was a little lightweight at times but he does work hard for the team. And for the idiot in the Snakepit last night booing his every touch, i say get off his back and give him the support most of us do. He may just turn out to be the one to score the winner to take us to the Premiership. PLEASE SIMEON

So unless he''s a big, tall, strong striker with pace who never misses, he''s sh*t? Let me know when you find someone who fulfills all these criteria. [:|]

Lol agreed. amazing how some people think a perfect striker should be all of them. Look at messi he''s none off them other than pace. And he''s probably the best player to play the game ever !!