Sign in to follow this  
Pinks

That's it... enough!

I''ve kept quiet all weekend after reading posts about Wes attitude and Holt''s diving.

Enough already.

Do you remember those days under Grant and Roeder? Strikers that couldn''t score, rubbish defending and absolute crap week in and week out?

It just appears that some of you will never be happy.

Lambert refuses to come out and criticize but you lot just can''t wait. I suppose now that booing is frowned upon at CR you are doing it here.

What ever Grant Holt and Wes decide to do is fine with me.. as long as they put in a 100%.

Just leave it out and support your team.

We still have a few strikers who don''t score and don''t keep clean sheets...!! lol

I hope you feel better now you have had your rant.

People can boo if they want and peole can cheer if they want too!!

Some are just frustrated too that we are so close and feel its the best chance in ages to get promoted too so they have their say.

I only thought we''re allowed to go back 18 months and not to the days of Grant & Roeder??

Hope you have got everything off your chest now....;)

I have to say, I think at times Norwich fans are incredibly fickle at times at that doesn''t do the club good.

Booing for drawing against Doncaster is an example of that, getting on Jackson''s back after the Portsmouth game, when before then he didn''t get too many chances and when he did he wasn''t too bad.

I think Jackson''s Norwich career is close to over just due to the Norwich fans, and yeah we do have a great support, we sometimes have the thickest and most fickle support.

Let''s just look where we are before we start booing, it could drive Lambert away from the club.

[quote user="YellowLittle1"]I have to say, I think at times Norwich fans are incredibly fickle at times at that doesn''t do the club good.

Booing for drawing against Doncaster is an example of that, getting on Jackson''s back after the Portsmouth game, when before then he didn''t get too many chances and when he did he wasn''t too bad.

I think Jackson''s Norwich career is close to over just due to the Norwich fans, and yeah we do have a great support, we sometimes have the thickest and most fickle support.

Let''s just look where we are before we start booing, it could drive Lambert away from the club.[/quote]Please, do post more often.Any ounce of sanity, while recieved tentatively (to say the least), is a precious commodity on this forum. [Y]

Haha, that''s often why I don''t post on here very much.

At the moment we are in a great position and have a glorious chance to get Premier League football, I sometimes wonder whether these ''so called'' Norwich fans that boo are really that clued up on football.

If they knew about football they would know we are overachieving with an inexperienced squad, and the reason why they are doing it is because of Mr. Lambert and Mr. Holt.

I totally agree and would also like to mention the way that willbraham is treated. The way he is booed, moaned at and referred to as a weelie bin is shocking and smacks of school ground bullying. Of course I should take into account that most of those involved are at the top of their own professions!

While I don''t post any longer I thought, having read this thread, that it might be relevant to reproduce an article I wrote about this very issue.

There has been quite a bit of comment about our away form being better than our home form, and while I think there are tactical reasons for that, I have to say that I also think that the attitude of the fans is also becoming a factor.

While the support on Saturday was pretty good, the Doncaster game is a case in point. While we played poorly, the way in which the crowd reacted whenever we played the ball short at the back cannot have failed to have an impact on the players.

However, what was so much worse was the amount of abuse hurled at out own players. The obvious example is Aaron Wilbraham who was subjected to some pretty vile remarks throughout the game by the brains trust that surrounds me in the Jarrold.

Let me first of all say that I was surprised when he was signed because he is quite clearly a target man, rather than a goalscorer. However, he wins a lot in the air, holds the ball up well and, most importantly, gives 110% whenever he is on the pitch.

Over the years I’ve seen much more talented players abuse the yellow and green by phoning in performance after performance, so I appreciate commitment. Unfortunately that sentiment doesn’t appear to be shared by those around me.

If Wilbraham is a bad signing the blame rests with the manager, not the player. As long as he gives his all for Norwich City he will have my support.

Unfortunately it seems that this is a recurring theme with our fans, as Russell Martin and John Ruddy went through a similar process (and Chris Martin continues to do so). Players don’t pick themselves, and all we can expect is that they give maximum effort and perform to the best of their ability, even if it may be limited.

Generally speaking though, players who sense support from the crowd (Grant Holt for example) will find another gear, but those whose every touch brings groans will shrink into their shells. Players are human beings just like the rest of us, and we should show the same attitude to them as we would expect to have shown to ourselves.

The way in which Wes Hoolahan’s game disintegrated after his bizarre penalty miss as the crowd started to get on his back against Preston shows how easy it is to neutralise the most talented player. It also shows the fickleness of football fans, as the other match deciding issue, when Holt, untouched, chose to throw himself theatrically to the ground with only the keeper to beat, seems to have generated much less opprobium, yet it was just as responsible for costing us two points.

There is a wider issue here, which Paul Lambert has clearly recognised. As we reach the finishing straight the tension will rise exponentially. He has to keep the players calm and focussed, but we must play our part too.

Games (even apparently easy ones) will become battles and calm heads both on the pitch and in the stands will be decisive factors. What the players DON’T need is personal abuse and groans whenever they slow the pace of play down or go backwards to go forwards.

We’re all in this together and all want the same thing, so let’s all get behind the team, even when things aren’t going well. As we have seen, other teams are just as susceptible to failing to take points from games that look easy.

We should always remember that football is actually played on grass not paper!

Beau, it''s a real shame you don''t post here anymore. I can understand why though.Just an addendum to the previous post: I always think of Wilbraham as Wheelie bin - purely in the spirit of affectionate irony. I have nothing but respect for a man who is doing his best despite the obvious contempt of some of the crowd, & for a man who has vastly more footballing talent than 99.9% of his critics (although they are doubtless deluded enough to believe the opposite).

[quote user="ron obvious"]Beau, it''s a real shame you don''t post here anymore. I can understand why though.Just an addendum to the previous post: I always think of Wilbraham as Wheelie bin - purely in the spirit of affectionate irony. I have nothing but respect for a man who is doing his best despite the obvious contempt of some of the crowd, & for a man who has vastly more footballing talent than 99.9% of his critics (although they are doubtless deluded enough to believe the opposite).[/quote]

So, to form an opinion on any football or footballers you have to have more footballing ability than the footballers on display ? On that basis, presumably good old beaustful Beausy isn''t qualified to write an "article" and most if not all of the posters on here don''t have any right to offer an opinion ? Or is this the good old love-in with the posters you agree with and contempt shown to those you don''t as seems to be the case so often on this MB ? Of course it is. As for Wilbraham, there''s no questioning his effort or his ability to win a few headers and hold up the ball from time to time, but he is hardly a Championship striker and at a time in our history when we clearly need another striker to put chances away it was the most odd of decisions for Lambert to sign him. Of course, I''m not a better footballer than Wilbs so perhaps you disqualify me from having an opinion but regardless of what you think I can understand if not condone the increasing mutterings of disquiet and disssent aimed in the lean-to''s direction.

I was thinking about stopping posting on here apart from the Rays Funds For FONCY threads. I could write a few blogs and feel more important than the rest of you rabble[;)]

Good blog by the way Beaus. Hucks called it right on his thread. It''s how fast fan''s expectations rise. If you think, rightly, that we have come a long way in 18 months many fans expectations have come twice as far. Just over 18 months ago the expectation was relegation to League 2. Now it''s promotion to the Premier League. That''s right, four whole divisions in 18 months! I expect most clubs fans are the same. But you musn''t criticise these fans, Lambert is cute enough to realise that although Hucks nearly fell into the trap.

Bravo Beauseant! Bravo!Your article is spot on.I would also add that those fans who boo, those fans who hide behind, "I''ve paid my money so I can say what I like"; those fans who criticize the way the players have been coached to move the ball around the field when trying to find a way forward; the fans who have never stepped in front of thousands of people and put their skills on show, yet have the audacity to hide in the stands and shout abuse at players;  those fans who claim they would give their left nut for the chance to play, because they imagine they would do it better. These fans don''t give a damn about the players, nor the manager, nor the club. These fans only care about their own pride and how the results inflate it, or diminishes it. And so these fans do not possess, nor understand, what a healthy perspective of success looks like.Or look at it this way: Does shouting abuse at people at work help them perform better? Does shouting abuse at your children, spouse, or loved ones help them become a better person? Does shouting abuse at young athletes, when they''re not playing well, and then moaning and bitching in the car on the way home actually help them? [FYI: if you do, you need therapy.] So, what makes you think shouting abuse at professional soccer players is going to have a positive impact?Yes disappointment will come hand-in-hand with joy in this, or any game. But paying your money doesn''t give you a free ticket to abuse fellow human beings - unless that''s what you''ve paid for, in which case you probably need therapy. If the fans are the ''life-blood'' of a club, then I believe NCFC has a virus. The antidote? Sing louder. If idiots start to boo at games, sing louder.If idiots start to jeer at games, sing louder. Let those fans know that their attitude and perspective is not welcome and if they can''t get behind the team when their having an off day, then they should go and spend their money elsewhere and give up their seat for a real fan.

[quote user="Bogbrush118"][quote user="ron obvious"]Beau, it''s a real shame you don''t post here anymore. I can understand why though.Just an addendum to the previous post: I always think of Wilbraham as Wheelie bin - purely in the spirit of affectionate irony. I have nothing but respect for a man who is doing his best despite the obvious contempt of some of the crowd, & for a man who has vastly more footballing talent than 99.9% of his critics (although they are doubtless deluded enough to believe the opposite).[/quote]

So, to form an opinion on any football or footballers you have to have more footballing ability than the footballers on display ? On that basis, presumably good old beaustful Beausy isn''t qualified to write an "article" and most if not all of the posters on here don''t have any right to offer an opinion ? Or is this the good old love-in with the posters you agree with and contempt shown to those you don''t as seems to be the case so often on this MB ? Of course it is. As for Wilbraham, there''s no questioning his effort or his ability to win a few headers and hold up the ball from time to time, but he is hardly a Championship striker and at a time in our history when we clearly need another striker to put chances away it was the most odd of decisions for Lambert to sign him. Of course, I''m not a better footballer than Wilbs so perhaps you disqualify me from having an opinion but regardless of what you think I can understand if not condone the increasing mutterings of disquiet and disssent aimed in the lean-to''s direction.[/quote]So, are you saying you have contempt for Wheelie &, presumably, think it''s OK to boo him? They''re the people I''m talking about. I''m a critic, in the sense I think there are better players at the club, but to start booing a player who is genuinely giving his all just seems pointless to me. It''s hardly going to help him - or the team generally - which is surely more important than individual egotism.

We never used to boo Alan Black, Byan Conlon or Peter Vasper[sn][:O]

[8]The times they are a-changing[O]

I''m just glad that the vast majority of supporters who attend The Carra don''t visit this MB. At least I hope my assumption is correct.

As Neil Adams says, this constant sniping at our support and in particular the almost infamous booing at the Doncaster game is becoming a sad joke.

How many booed? At a rough estimate lets say 200. This leaves over 25000 who didn''t.

The playing and coaching staff are professionals and whilst it is great that we support them vocally at games, they really aren''t suicidal because of a few ignorant boos...... honestly, it''s true you know

There now! That''s spoiled that Bury!

I''m just glad I post on here and don''t write a blog now. All those words about nothing! What a waste[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I was thinking about stopping posting on here apart from the Rays Funds For FONCY threads. I could write a few blogs and feel more important than the rest of you rabble[;)] Good blog by the way Beaus. [/quote]

Why did you have to have a little pop at him Nutty, that won''t tempt him to come back.

I for one miss Beauseant and the other ncisa guys and girls  posting about our team.

Some excellent posts on this thread. The time to boo was 2 or 3 years ago when we had players who couldn''t care less about this club.

This is a new era. We have committed players and a fantastic management team. And this is a promotion campaign. Automatic promotion will go to the team who puts the best run together from now onwards. Booing Wilbraham, and slagging off Holt and Hoolhan is not gonna help the players go on such a run. The players are giving their all; let''s get right behind them.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

I was thinking about stopping posting on here apart from the Rays Funds For FONCY threads. I could write a few blogs and feel more important than the rest of you rabble[;)] Good blog by the way Beaus. [/quote]

Why did you have to have a little pop at him Nutty, that won''t tempt him to come back.

I for one miss Beauseant and the other ncisa guys and girls  posting about our team.

[/quote]

I thought I  complimented his work!

This is a message board about opinions not about personal egos. Folk can post if they want or stay away if they want. I don''t remember all this fuss when Wiz had his hissy fit....

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Folk can post if they want or stay away if they want. ...[/quote]

You suggested that he felt more important than the rest of us by writing blogs before you paid the compliment.

Yes people can stay away if they want and lots are but its a shame beacuse Beauseant was a respected posted on here and as I said I for one miss him.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Folk can post if they want or stay away if they want. ...[/quote]

You suggested that he felt more important than the rest of us by writing blogs before you paid the compliment.

Yes people can stay away if they want and lots are but its a shame beacuse Beauseant was a respected posted on here and as I said I for one miss him.

[/quote]

Only because Beaus said that while he didn''t post on here anymore he thought we''d all like to read his blog. And I even added a smiley face to show there was no offence meant.

I also understand why you don''t post here any more :P

I signed up to post and support my football team. But seems most people on here aren''t happy unless they have something to moan about. Some of the utter sh*t that''s been posted over the last few days/weeks/even months has been ridiculous.

It''s also quite bizarre, how all the moaners appear to be on here, yet the #ncfc tag on twitter is mostly sensible discussion (mostly).

Plus, it''s Norwich City for christs sake. If they made it easy, it wouldn''t be Norwich!

So if not posting is the answer then what was the question[:^)]

This messageboard is full of good posters. And good fans. Not only that but it''s also handed over £1182 to the academy via Rays Funds For FONCY.

What''s so special about twitter?

So if not posting is the answer then what was the question[:^)]

This messageboard is full of good posters. And good fans. Not only that but it''s also handed over £1182 to the academy via Rays Funds For FONCY.

What''s so special about twitter?

It was a reply to Beaus a few posts back (not aimed at you), but I get a quote error when i try to quote.

I''m not saying people on here don''t do good work. The fund raising is a very good thing.

Just every week there''s a new scapegoat. Someone or something new to moan about. The amount of threads about Jackson, Wilbraham. Ridiculous. The overtone of the boards is "whinge whine moan lamberts leaving wes is crap holt moving up north to be closer to his family"

I have no doubt there are some good posters on here. But christ some people need to give it a rest.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

While I don''t post any longer I thought, having read this thread, that it might be relevant to reproduce an article I wrote about this very issue.

There has been quite a bit of comment about our away form being better than our home form, and while I think there are tactical reasons for that, I have to say that I also think that the attitude of the fans is also becoming a factor.

While the support on Saturday was pretty good, the Doncaster game is a case in point. While we played poorly, the way in which the crowd reacted whenever we played the ball short at the back cannot have failed to have an impact on the players.

However, what was so much worse was the amount of abuse hurled at out own players. The obvious example is Aaron Wilbraham who was subjected to some pretty vile remarks throughout the game by the brains trust that surrounds me in the Jarrold.

Let me first of all say that I was surprised when he was signed because he is quite clearly a target man, rather than a goalscorer. However, he wins a lot in the air, holds the ball up well and, most importantly, gives 110% whenever he is on the pitch.

Over the years I’ve seen much more talented players abuse the yellow and green by phoning in performance after performance, so I appreciate commitment. Unfortunately that sentiment doesn’t appear to be shared by those around me.

If Wilbraham is a bad signing the blame rests with the manager, not the player. As long as he gives his all for Norwich City he will have my support.

Unfortunately it seems that this is a recurring theme with our fans, as Russell Martin and John Ruddy went through a similar process (and Chris Martin continues to do so). Players don’t pick themselves, and all we can expect is that they give maximum effort and perform to the best of their ability, even if it may be limited.

Generally speaking though, players who sense support from the crowd (Grant Holt for example) will find another gear, but those whose every touch brings groans will shrink into their shells. Players are human beings just like the rest of us, and we should show the same attitude to them as we would expect to have shown to ourselves.

The way in which Wes Hoolahan’s game disintegrated after his bizarre penalty miss as the crowd started to get on his back against Preston shows how easy it is to neutralise the most talented player. It also shows the fickleness of football fans, as the other match deciding issue, when Holt, untouched, chose to throw himself theatrically to the ground with only the keeper to beat, seems to have generated much less opprobium, yet it was just as responsible for costing us two points.

There is a wider issue here, which Paul Lambert has clearly recognised. As we reach the finishing straight the tension will rise exponentially. He has to keep the players calm and focussed, but we must play our part too.

Games (even apparently easy ones) will become battles and calm heads both on the pitch and in the stands will be decisive factors. What the players DON’T need is personal abuse and groans whenever they slow the pace of play down or go backwards to go forwards.

We’re all in this together and all want the same thing, so let’s all get behind the team, even when things aren’t going well. As we have seen, other teams are just as susceptible to failing to take points from games that look easy.

We should always remember that football is actually played on grass not paper!

[/quote]

Fantastic post Beauseant [Y]

BTW I miss your posts on here

People can say bad things about our team players etc in the heat of the moment at the game, and i think that can be forgiven, frustration gets the best of everyone sometimes.But the way some posters are on here, i mean the Grant Holt is a Cheat thread is an insult to the fantastic season he had last year, and is having this year. The Hoolahan should never take a pen, is crap thread is ridiculous.At half time, some guys 2 rows behind me were blabbing on about how Ruddy''s no better than a League 1 Goalkeeper and Hoolahans shit and should have been taken off at time.The fact we have 25,000 fans week in and out is absolutely fantastic, it''s just a shame about 18,000 of them seem to be as thick as cow shit.

[quote user="87canary"]It was a reply to Beaus a few posts back (not aimed at you), but I get a quote error when i try to quote. I''m not saying people on here don''t do good work. The fund raising is a very good thing. Just every week there''s a new scapegoat. Someone or something new to moan about. The amount of threads about Jackson, Wilbraham. Ridiculous. The overtone of the boards is "whinge whine moan lamberts leaving wes is crap holt moving up north to be closer to his family" I have no doubt there are some good posters on here. But christ some people need to give it a rest.[/quote]

I just think there are loads of good posters on here. There''s always lots of good threads too. I agree with you that some threads are OTT and repetetive but that only reflects conversations in the work place or the pubs. Folk really do think like that and react in the same way as they post. One win against a team above us and we are going to win the league where as any dropped points at home mean it''s play-offs at best.

Don''t take it too seriously because I''ve been around here long enough to notice that when we are doing well we are the best fans in the world and beyond reproach, except for those who boo!  Yet when we are doing poorly we are the best fans in the world and beyond reproach, except for those who cheer! And when we are doing really badly we are the best fans in the world and beyond reproach, except for those who go!!

You have to see it for what it is and enjoy it. That''s why I am often in trouble for having a little fun[;)]

Stick around[Y]