Sign in to follow this  
lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

We need to find two new players

Great win today. We now need to find the two players who can really take us over the finishing line. Top two is there for the taking we must get these players and go for it, we may never get a chance like this again for a very long time.

A goals scorer needs to be brought in on loan, a Kevin Phillips type player maybe. Aswell as this an experienced midfielder,someone in the mould of Michael BRown (who we''ve been linked too) is a must too. I''m aware this is hard to do on loan but I believe theses two type of players are the missing ingredient.

I had compleatly forgot about being linked to Brown, surely there is a possiblity over a loan for him (i personally don''t think i would spend my money there on a signing of him but as a loan would give stiff competition) because weren''t Pompey not playing him to prevent them paying his former club over a clause in his contract about apperances. I don''t know if they are still refusing to play him, but if so surely a loan would be a great option for everyone?

Midfielder...?

Fox, Crofts, Lansbury, Hoolahan were immense today and Surman gave a glimpse of what we can look forward to when full fitness is gained.

With Korey ready to leap off the bench too - where would you play Brown?

2 players are needed but we don''t need another midfielder - just look at the bench today for evidence of that!

A striker with similar levels of consistancy to Holt is needed and possibly after the shock sale of Nelson another CB cause after Barnets injury we''re left with 2 fit CB''s who are both injury prone!

Probably unrealistic, but Ebanks-Blake would be brilliant. Think he starts on the bench for Wolves most weeks though and they''ll want him if they go down so unlikely to loan him out.

I just hope Lambert decides he needs another striker , a whole host of missed chances almost left us sitting 6th tonight and i just dont see any goals coming from Martin,Jackson or Wilbraham .Midfield we seem fine but the centre back position is now a worry Barnet is the rock at the back and we are going to miss him quite a bit.

Yes we need 2 new players on loan, but, we don''t need a midfielder. We probably have the best midfield in the league, with Crofts, Lansbury, Fox, Surman, Hoolahan, lappin, Korey etc. we do need a goalscorer to partner Holt, plus another CB. Selling Nelson could be a poor decision now we might have Barnett out for a while, and Kenny Jackett deciding this week whether to extend JBA''s loan. We only have 2 fit CB''s now. Plus, although I believe another goal scorer is vital, I wonder what a line up of:

Fox Crofts

Lansbury Surman

Hoolahan

Holt

would be like with 2 holding midfielders and the other 3 providing the attack and support for Holt?

A Premiership reserve comes with a big wage bill - they may have the extra quality but would they really be up for it and would they be more potent than our strikers? I''d prefer to see someone young and hungry for games - still perhaps someone from the Premiership - to help us out up front if need be.

"Kenny Jackett deciding this week whether to extend JBA''s loan"

I''m not sure that it is Millwall who have the decision as to whether Askou stays on loan. Unfortunately the reason for going out on loan, to get some match practise has not worked out.

Crofts and Korey can both play as DM''s if required, we don''t need Brown IMO. If we need a midfielder at all we need a winger to give us a legitimate Plan B as Lambert appears to have lost faith in McNamee, he wasn''t even on the bench yesterday. I''d say the far more pressing matter is a right sided CB to cover what might be a lengthy lay off for Barnett.

I think that with Crofts and Korey we have enough bite and energy to offer defensive cover of our back four if we need it.

BUT

I don''t think Lambert wants too much protection in that area. We are pushing and risking it and taking a gamble to win games ... yesterday being a perfect example - we very nearly left CR with nothing.

Lambert wants creativity and flair in the middle of the park to turn draws into victories.

Another midfield player isn''t required in my eyes.

[quote user="Largey"]A Premiership reserve comes with a big wage bill - they may have the extra quality but would they really be up for it and would they be more potent than our strikers? I''d prefer to see someone young and hungry for games - still perhaps someone from the Premiership - to help us out up front if need be.[/quote]

Like a forward in Lansbury''s mould?

Its the goals against column we need to improve upon - ward was waltzed around yest for their equaliser and we simply concede to many generally through the middle - its there we need to improve on first, then possibly a striker and midfield last.

A move to 4-2-3-1 may help, extra defensive cover from crofts and fox in front of back 4 and use 3 from hoolahan, martin, surman & lansbury behind holt from current squad.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]My reasoning for another midfielder is to add experience and to help protect the defence more. Yes we do have an awful lot of midfielders but not much with experience, at times our midfield is too hung ho and erratic. A solid defensive midfielder with experience like Michael Brown would help immensely.[/quote]

So you want to replace Crofts with Michael Brown?