Sign in to follow this  
CUFCNYC

Colchester fan in peace

Morning guys

I think long enough has gone with the bad feeling between the 2 clubs, and I wanted to congratulate you on the season so far, and also aquiring Marc T.

I don''t think anyone would have thought you could be as high as you are, and also, playing as well, when you went up last year. I would assume Lambert stayed because he had some assurances about budgets etc, but its nice to see he has really found a place he wants to stay at, and sadly for us, we were not that place. He will be a top manager (even if he drives you nuts at press conferences with his boring tone!) and hope you guys run close.

I hope we can all go back to hating Ipswich now... and we could well be playing them in league One next year!

Good luck for the rest of the season... also, you havent got any players we can borrow have you!? We seem to be having a fire sale!!

I don''t think many fans have issue with Colchester - just wish Cowling would shut his trap.

Thanks for your comments and if you ask really nicely, you can have Jackson ;-)

Morning CUFCNYC,

Just thought I''d ask how you feel your season is going? Do you rate John Ward and what he is doing at the club?

Have to say I am not surprised that we are where we are (thats not arrogance either) as I feel the set up of Lambert and Mcnally (along with backroom staff) are a fresh outlook compared to a few years ago. We are actually taking the football side of things seriously compared to when Doncaster was Chief Exec.

How do you think your season will pan out?Good to have some sensible banter!!

[quote user="CUFCNYC"]

I hope we can all go back to hating Ipswich now... and we could well be playing them in league One next year!

Good luck for the rest of the season... also, you havent got any players we can borrow have you!? We seem to be having a fire sale!!

[/quote]

Good luck to you too and thanks for popping on, we never had a problem with the fans it was just your chairman but we''ve moved on now.

You could have Luke Daley or Matthew Gill or both [:)]

[quote user="canaryfan68"]Morning CUFCNYC, Just thought I''d ask how you feel your season is going? Do you rate John Ward and what he is doing at the club? Have to say I am not surprised that we are where we are (thats not arrogance either) as I feel the set up of Lambert and Mcnally (along with backroom staff) are a fresh outlook compared to a few years ago. We are actually taking the football side of things seriously compared to when Doncaster was Chief Exec. How do you think your season will pan out?Good to have some sensible banter!![/quote]

Thanks guys and as you say, sensible banter is always the way forward and 99% of Col U fans want that too.

Where to start with us! I think JW is doing a good job overall. We have spent the last 3 years hiring expensive managers, expensive contracts and I think we are now looking at a bit of book balancing. To us, or Chairman is a complete legend, much like you guys and McNally, but I think he invested to get promoted and is now looking at a bit more restraint. We lost Tierney, Reid is going to Scunny for £100k so thats 2 of our better earners off the wage bill. We have had Steven Gillespie for 2 years, paid £400,000 for him and he spends all his time injured so thats been hugely frustrating.

We get really poor attendences still, even with the new ground, so I think we are cutting our cloth accordingly and seeing how far that will take us.

I said midtable at the start of the year, and cannot see that changing much.

We have plenty of youngsters that could go on loan to you guys but i doublt McNally would allow it.

Dawkin, Ball, Hebbs or Wendley could benefit

CUFCNYC can you give us your opinion of Tierney he may have been one of your higher earners but was he worth it? I think most of us will remember his clash with Hoolahan at your place last season and then his comments about the rumours of us signing him 12 months ago. We have Drury as our left back and I haven''t seen any I would swap him for. I suspect that Tierney is he as cover and to push for the place during next season. Would be interested in your opinion

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]CUFCNYC can you give us your opinion of Tierney he may have been one of your higher earners but was he worth it? I think most of us will remember his clash with Hoolahan at your place last season and then his comments about the rumours of us signing him 12 months ago. We have Drury as our left back and I haven''t seen any I would swap him for. I suspect that Tierney is he as cover and to push for the place during next season. Would be interested in your opinion[/quote]

Personally I was a big fan of his, but I would describe him as a ''kiss the badge'' player, who really doesnt care who he is playing for or where. I guess there is an agruement, why should he? Its not his hometown club, or the club he supported as a boy, but it has left a bit of a bad taste after the ''I would never join Norwich'' speech he gave us last year.

As a player, decent Championship player, but a lot to learn before he is ready for a long run of games. Hugely committed, great in the tackle and does offer a good cross when he is high enough. He does however get caught out of position A LOT, and doesnt play well when the ball is knocked in behind him.

He gave us 2 good years of service and the fee of £150,000 rising to £200,000  for a player out of contract in the summer is a great bit of business for us.

Will we miss him? Yes. Am I totally deverstated he has gone? No, not really.

We have had Steven Gillespie for 2 years, paid £400,000 for him and he spends all his time injured so thats been hugely frustrating.

haha spoke it up mate, mom tonight!!

After seeing Colchester playing tonight (on sky sports) I will say I was pleasently supprised as to how your team are playing football. For a team that last year was playing under Boothroyd the ammount of one touch and quick passing was unbelievable.

Not bothered about you or your club, they are like Northampton, MK Dons and Stevenage, I know them bit don''t care one bit for them.

[quote user="CUFCNYC"]

Morning guys

I think long enough has gone with the bad feeling between the 2 clubs, and I wanted to congratulate you on the season so far, and also aquiring Marc T.

I don''t think anyone would have thought you could be as high as you are, and also, playing as well, when you went up last year. I would assume Lambert stayed because he had some assurances about budgets etc, but its nice to see he has really found a place he wants to stay at, and sadly for us, we were not that place. He will be a top manager (even if he drives you nuts at press conferences with his boring tone!) and hope you guys run close.

[/quote]

When and until my ban on your Offy site is recinded, I am not prepared to hold you lot in good light.

A tad bitter?...................yes.[:@]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="CUFCNYC"]

Morning guys

[/quote]

When and until my ban on your Offy site is recinded, I am not prepared to hold you lot in good light.

[/quote]Why are you on a Colchester forum?

[quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="CUFCNYC"]

Morning guys

[/quote]

[/quote]

Why are you on a Colchester forum?
[/quote]

Paul Lambert compo news ok Sherlock?

Oh no Wiz, not allowed on Colchester''s forums...that must mean all Colchester fans are complete and utter twats!You''re simple.

[quote user="hogesar"]Oh no Wiz, not allowed on Colchester''s forums...that must mean all Colchester fans are complete and utter twats!

You''re simple.
[/quote]

Simple is as simple does.[:S]

I''ll remember this when you and others are slagging off Scum and Leeds fans...................hypocrite.

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]I don''t think many fans have issue with Colchester - just wish Cowling would shut his trap.

Thanks for your comments and if you ask really nicely, you can have Jackson ;-)[/quote]Couldn t agree moreI think the "situation" between Norwich and Colchester is more a case of we think your chairman is a royal pr*ck ! But nothing against your club , fans , players :)

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="hogesar"]Oh no Wiz, not allowed on Colchester''s forums...that must mean all Colchester fans are complete and utter twats!You''re simple.[/quote]

Simple is as simple does.[:S]

I''ll remember this when you and others are slagging off Scum and Leeds fans...................hypocrite.

[/quote]If this colchester fan came on and said "Oi, fuck yourselfs, Lamberts off he''s a tosser and your team are shit" then understandably have a pop, but when a fan comes on in peace and wants to discuss we don''t need you to complain about being banned of a forum and for that reason being ''bitter''. It''s a little sad, even for an old man like yourself.Again, we''ve had a couple of decent Leeds fans on here, even one or two Ipswich one''s up for a bit of friendly banter, but you just come across as a dick.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

Taddy''s a lager.....

Even Tilly knowes that!