Sign in to follow this  
Wooftie

Simeon Jackson

I wouldn''t be surprised to see Jackson want to leave any time soon. He must have been gutted yesterday, when we were 1-0 down, and Lambert brought on a 100k striker who is 31, yet clearly ranked above him in the scheme of things. And to see Korey Smith, and then Lappin come on ahead of him; without him getting a sniff, instead standing down near the snake pit ''warming up'' being practically a ball boy, must really frustrate him.

Don''t get me wrong, I''m not questioning Lambert''s decisions, but I could see Jackson knocking on the manager''s door, asking him if he has a future at this club. I can''t see him settling to be the fourth choice striker, being a professional bench warmer. A bit of a shame really.

[quote user="Wooftie"]I wouldn''t be surprised to see Jackson want to leave any time soon. He must have been gutted yesterday, when we were 1-0 down, and Lambert brought on a 100k striker who is 31, yet clearly ranked above him in the scheme of things. And to see Korey Smith, and then Lappin come on ahead of him; without him getting a sniff, instead standing down near the snake pit ''warming up'' being practically a ball boy, must really frustrate him.

Don''t get me wrong, I''m not questioning Lambert''s decisions, but I could see Jackson knocking on the manager''s door, asking him if he has a future at this club. I can''t see him settling to be the fourth choice striker, being a professional bench warmer. A bit of a shame really.[/quote]Flattered to deceive, a useful impact player but will never be a fulltime starter.

The reason Wilbraham came on instead of Jackson is because Lambert had instructed the players to use the width of the pitch more to cross the ball into the box, which would be pointless for Jackson due to his height. Although I do agree thathe hasn''t been given a fair crack of the whip, I would start him at Sheff. Utd instead of Chrissy.

I dont think its fair to write him off just yet.  While hes struggled, his goals against Swansea and Bristol City show there is clearly something about him.  I was one of the people who were quite please when we signed Jacko, but its not really worked out as well as i''d hoped.  Lets give him a bit more time before we talk about getting rid...

I thought the exact same about him possibly wanting to go, and it showed that he wasn''t and isn''t going to be a big player when he wasn''t brought on at 1-0 down.. He hasn''t really shown his worth in my opinion, he''s had a fair amount of chances in my opinion, but not shown enough to warrant a start. Doesn''t really offer much.

Agree with the last two posts.

We haven''t seen the best of Jackson. he needs a bit of run but, like all of the squad, Jackson is an intelligent lad and Lambo seems to keep them all happy.

He may not make it but at present he is a good part of the squad.

If I was Lambert (and I most certainly am not, although my Football manager statistics say otherwise...) I''d give Chris Martin a rest, and start Simeon, and tell him to show us all what he can do, playing off Grant.

I think this would get Chrissy fired up, as well as giving Jackson the opportunity to shine, which, if he doesn''t take, then he has a case for sitting on the bench.

The thing is if Jackson decided he wanted to leave the club for the fact he wants to find first team football who would buy him. He would have to drop down a league and I think he will be unwilling to do so. I feel he has more potential than he has shown but critising him is slightly harsh as he has made breif apperances and if he is compared to the two regular forwards. I think he will pick up his game as he will have to understand he is not the key striker he was last season and give Lambert a desicion headache by picking the team. on another note this applies to both Jackson and Martin, I hope they score to boost their confidence infront of goal

I agree with you Yorkshire Canary! Holding back C Martin might just see him regain some desire to perform in the last quarter of the season. I don''t think we''ve seen the best of Jackson, but he really hasn''t made enough impact during his game time so far.

Bit of a ''chicken and egg'' situation really? 

I agree with starting Jackson against Sheffield United, hopefully with a point to prove he can grab us some goals which have been lacking from our front pair lately. Then again I cant really see Lambert changing things that much as we are playing so well. I really feel sorry for Jackson, it was always going to be hard for him coming in after the show Wes, Grant and Chris put on last year, and like others have said his goals show that he must have something about him (this is a really classy goal   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfyhrmbKQRY). I also hate it when people critacise him, when he hasnt had much time to get used to the way we play, and has scored the same amount as Martin but in fewer games.

[quote user="Wooftie"]I wouldn''t be surprised to see Jackson want to leave any time soon. He must have been gutted yesterday, when we were 1-0 down, and Lambert brought on a 100k striker who is 31, yet clearly ranked above him in the scheme of things. And to see Korey Smith, and then Lappin come on ahead of him; without him getting a sniff, instead standing down near the snake pit ''warming up'' being practically a ball boy, must really frustrate him. Don''t get me wrong, I''m not questioning Lambert''s decisions, but I could see Jackson knocking on the manager''s door, asking him if he has a future at this club. I can''t see him settling to be the fourth choice striker, being a professional bench warmer. A bit of a shame really.[/quote]

He has been given a chance. He played almost every pre-season game and many at the start of the season and his impact was minimal at best. I didn''t even rate him that highly at Gillingham, certainly not a striker worthy of the £1m price (is that depending on appearances?)

He''s a good League 1 striker but not up to the quality of the Championship. the Bristol City game was only game where he''s impressed me. Hopefully he''ll prove me wrong but it looks unlikely especially as you say, he can''t even get a game off the bench when we''re 1-0 down.

Not looking good for him, especially with Cody likely to be ahead of him in the pecking order when he comes back from Gillingham.

I don''t know how many times I have to say this...when Jackson got a run in the side I thought he did well, he scored 4 goals in not many starts compared to C.Martin who has scored 4 goals and starts nearly every game. It was not that long ago when Jackson got a run in the team, everyone was singing his praises and stats showed that his ratio of goals per minutes was one of the best in the league at the time. How about we judge him once he has been given another run in the team. I''m not saying I''m Jackson''s biggest fan but if anyone critcises C.Martin the ''supper Chrissy Martin brigade'' comes out to defend him when he has scored the same amount of goals as Jackson, in playing many more games.

Basically Jackson needs games and he needs a good run of them and if he ever gets that I believe he will score goals for us.

He is an off the shoulder striker and our squad hasn''t really played with one at Norwich so as soon as Jackson comes in the need to change their ways of playing and therefore need time to adapt.  Also strikers like this are often confidence strikers and once they have it they bang them in for fun but to get this confidence he needs a couple of goals and to get these couple of goals I believe he needs a few games first.