Sign in to follow this  
The Great Drinkell

Cody bags another brace

[quote user="Raymond Getärd"]Got MOM but the Gillingham fans see him as a "right place at right time" player.[/quote]To be fair, that''s also how Gary Lineker is remembered - not a bad quality to have.  Not that I''m comparing the two, I think Cody''s found his level in Leagues 1 - 2 but how much better than spending your life putting up scaffolding.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Raymond Getärd"]Got MOM but the Gillingham fans see him as a "right place at right time" player.[/quote]To be fair, that''s also how Gary Lineker is remembered - not a bad quality to have.  Not that I''m comparing the two, I think Cody''s found his level in Leagues 1 - 2 but how much better than spending your life putting up scaffolding.

[/quote]Totally agree - not a bad quality at all. You want your strikers to be in the right place at the right time - another example would be someone like Kevin Philips maybe. Still think Cody could get better though and do something in championship. Did ok for us when we were in champs before - though not really long enough to see how good he''d get at that level. Obviously there''s better ''football'' played at this level which may suit his style.Anyway, good to see him doing well! Bit of a soft spot for Gills so hopefully he does well through to end of season

Has to stay in League 2 for the rest of this season for his own development, he needed to be playing regularly last season in league football really if he was to make it at Championship level. Hopefully this season is good for him and he can either step up a level or 2 with us next season or his stock has risen for us to cash in.

Agree with most of the above, hes probably worth around £100-150k realistically.  I cant see him ever replacing Holt or Martin and i''m fairly sure Jacko will be on the bench for the next few games now.

[quote user="Raymond Getärd"]Got MOM but the Gillingham fans see him as a "right place at right time" player.[/quote]

rather have that type of player than a right place 5 misn to late player - cSoiuMgEhO NcJoAuCgKhS OcNough

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Has to stay in League 2 for the rest of this season for his own development, he needed to be playing regularly last season in league football really if he was to make it at Championship level. Hopefully this season is good for him and he can either step up a level or 2 with us next season or his stock has risen for us to cash in.[/quote]Hopefully all this debate about Cody v Jackson is wasted breath / typing, by the time Cody''s loan period ends we might be in the PL and and we''ll be considering a totally different class of player.Happy to debate later if we don''t go up though.

[quote user="shefcanary"]Hopefully all this debate about Cody v Jackson is wasted breath / typing, by the time Cody''s loan period ends we might be in the PL and and we''ll be considering a totally different class of player.Happy to debate later if we don''t go up though.[/quote]That said mate, id much rather go into the prem and do a Blackpool and have Cody run out for us than sign some overweight has been for inflated wages !!

I hope Cody comes back from his loan at Gillingham and is a better player for it, like Chris martin was when he came back from Luton.

However, I don''t think he is any better than what we currently have and I include Simeon Jackson in that bracket. Some Norwich fan''s have short memories, what about Jackson''s brace away v. Bristol City and his fine goal v. Swansea City?

Yes Cody McDonald is STILL a raw talent despite his age, but Jackson is an all round better player and can only get better. Let''s not forget McDonald is only playing in League 2. It''s easy to see why he is so liked by Norwich fans though.