Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Old NCFC pics - excellent

http://www.norfolkancestors.org/ncfc/ncfcgallery.php?pageNum_rs_ncfc=14&totalRows_rs_ncfc=158hopefully the link will work (apologies if it''s been put up before)pic 135 gives a superb view of the ''awesome'' terraces at The Nestwell worth a good few minutes scrolling through

A young Til1010 is in in pic 38 !

http://www.norfolkancestors.org/ncfc/lge.php?find=38he''s second on the left, sat on the roof !

pic 41 is superb (you can find pics by changing number in space bar)pic 44 likewise (date is wrong though)

pic 48look at the space behind the goal, with a tarpaulin rolled up back of the net - presumably to put over the goal mouth at half time or somethingbut what''s the old boy behind the goal doing ?

It appears we had a ''dwarf'' playing for us at some pointhe appears in pics 8 and 21 !

great set of photos, how the hell anyone managed to stand on that terrace at The Nest is beyond me, would need to be a mountaineer :)

[quote user="morty"]Yeah those are pretty good.

Fairly sure I recognise a young TIl1010 on one of them.
[/quote]

Indeed Morty i went with Nutty,Beau and The Butler in those days.Oh damn what have i said Bly will be on about the inner circle again,[;)]

Excellent pics, cheers for posting them.

It really is quite incredible that The Nest was ever allowed to be used as a ground to be honest! Accident waiting to happen!

[quote user="canaryjock"]Excellent pics, cheers for posting them.

It really is quite incredible that The Nest was ever allowed to be used as a ground to be honest! Accident waiting to happen![/quote]Hush, before people start on about "the good old days before Health and Safety".  "I used to hit my sister with a plank of wood with nails in it, and it never did her any harm.  In fact, it made her a stronger character."

Why are the blue and white on opposites sides on some playes?

http://www.norfolkancestors.org/ncfc/lge.php?find=90

[quote user="ſilly ſauſage"]

NCFC

[/quote]

About those shorts..................

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]I wonder if you can buy the prints. 136 would look awsome on my study wall![/quote]You could save the files as jpgs, they look reasonably high quality - then put them on a memory stick and print them in Boots for about 8p/photo.

[quote user="Mr. Chops"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"]I wonder if you can buy the prints. 136 would look awsome on my study wall![/quote]You could save the files as jpgs, they look reasonably high quality - then put them on a memory stick and print them in Boots for about 8p/photo.[/quote]Although this would clearly be wrong and immoral because the website specifically says "We hope you enjoy the photos here - we have been given

permission to use these by Paul Standley - the pictures are Copyright.

Please do not download them!"Apologies. [:$]

[quote user="Mr. Chops"][quote user="Mr. Chops"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"]I wonder if you can buy the prints. 136 would look awsome on my study wall![/quote]

You could save the files as jpgs, they look reasonably high quality - then put them on a memory stick and print them in Boots for about 8p/photo.
[/quote]

Although this would clearly be wrong and immoral because the website specifically says

"We hope you enjoy the photos here - we have been given permission to use these by Paul Standley - the pictures are Copyright. Please do not download them!"

Apologies. [:$]
[/quote]

Ther''ye only old photos. People should be allowed total acces to memories such as these. Its like the francisfrith website. People are cashing in on what should be free to all - History.

[quote user="Kathy"][quote user="ſilly ſauſage"]

NCFC

[/quote]

About those shorts..................

[/quote]

My granny used to wear shorts like that when getting ready for bed, and now that I look closer at that face......

"Ther''ye only old photos. People should be allowed total acces to

memories such as these. Its like the francisfrith website. People

are cashing in on what should be free to all
"Absolute nonsense, and well you know it.Your attitude was the reason I was relectant to post up the link. Why not respect the owners wishes and contact the person running the site. Most likely with a reasoned request for personal usage I''m sure the owner would agree. But have the curtesy to ask.Oh, and please lets not have this thread diverted into a debate of the merits of intellectual property rights.

[quote user="smiley"]Why are the blue and white on opposites sides on some playes? http://www.norfolkancestors.org/ncfc/lge.php?find=90 [/quote]Good Question smiley. In those days nobody sold football shirts so the clubs would buy for example, six blue shirts and six white ones. They would then get women to remove the collars and then cut each shirt up the middle. The blue half would be stitched to a white half and the remaining two halves would be stitched together. The arms would then be cut off and re-sewn so a blue half would have a white arm and so on. That hopefully explains why the shirts in the picture are not all the same.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="smiley"]Why are the blue and white on opposites sides on some playes? http://www.norfolkancestors.org/ncfc/lge.php?find=90 [/quote]Good Question smiley. In those days nobody sold football shirts so the clubs would buy for example, six blue shirts and six white ones. They would then get women to remove the collars and then cut each shirt up the middle. The blue half would be stitched to a white half and the remaining two halves would be stitched together. The arms would then be cut off and re-sewn so a blue half would have a white arm and so on. That hopefully explains why the shirts in the picture are not all the same.[/quote]Is that true?  I''ve learnt something new. (and care admitting it[;)])