Sign in to follow this  
Big Slob

Stephen Fry (press conference 5.30pm)

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

As you seem to be in the know, exactly how much money has he put in?  Millions as some of you hope or a token amount to buy a few shares?

If you want a city fan and somebody with humour appoint Nutty Nigel to the NCFC board.

[/quote]

Surely it''s time we moved on from "that" T-shirt moment.

We don''t know how much money he''s put in.  You''ll say a pound, you''ll expect the sheep to say "millions" when nobody is saying that, and the truth is more likely to be that he''s on the board for what he can deliver from other people.
[/quote]

Or did he buy his shares from Delia. you know buy a few and i''ll give you a place on the board.[;)]

[quote user="IncH_HigH "]

[quote user="Mook"]So, we''ve had cynical doom-mongering, homophobia and a little bit of religious paranoia. Any other stereotype boxes need to be ticked to ensure that Norfolk keeps it''s reputation as a backwater full of sun-worshipping inbreds? Good job he''s not Polish or Asian, I guess.For ****s sake. We have some long-awaited publicity and representation through one of Britian''s universally loved figures, not some Arabic Sheikh or Russian oligarch who obtained their money through oil-related persecution, and WE STILL CAN''T BE HAPPY?[/quote]

The majority on this thread are happy? This is a forum and by its very nature it''s a place for debate so would become a very boring place to visit if we all shared the same view.

Getting the proverbial hump and resorting to childish swearing really has let you down.

And besides I like my Polish neighbours.[:P]

[/quote]Yes, I initally had a paragraph about the diversity of Norfolk related to the diversity of this message board - but couldn''t phrase it without sounding like I''d divided us up into those of sound mind (thus making myself sound superior), those that narrow their eyes and tut about Delia, and those that think phrases such as "shirt-lifter" are funny.But I couldn''t be arsed to f*****g phrase it properly. And I don''t feel at all let down by my f*****g swearing. It allows me to vent, and besides, I like doing it.

[quote user="Romantic"]When listening to any of his oratory on subjects close to his heart, no one would be in any doubt as to the benefits of having a ''mouthpiece'' such as Fry in their corner. He''s massively well researched and hugely balanced about most things. Can I direct anyone who''s interested to his speech on re-structuring at the BBC (on podcast). What he''s doing here is allocating a portion of his not inconsiderable energy to the development of the club philosophically, culturally and of course to its profile. Services like that don''t come cheap. This is a good thing. There really can''t be any other way of spinning it. To all those who believe that he will be a "Smith''ist" - consider the intelligent influence he can bring to bear on her too.He''s no flowery nancy boy who will balk at the robust attitude of footballing culture either. See all examples of him discussing the evolution of contemporary language and his notes on people complaining about swearing... He''s good value and I welcome him for sure. Good news.[/quote]Woooosh .........

[quote user="The Butler"]

As you seem to be in the know, exactly how much money has he put in?  Millions as some of you hope or a token amount to buy a few shares?

If you want a city fan and somebody with humour appoint Nutty Nigel to the NCFC board.

[/quote]

We don''t know how much money he''s put in.  You''ll say a pound, you''ll expect the sheep to say "millions" when nobody is saying that, and the truth is more likely to be that he''s on the board for what he can deliver from other people.
[/quote]

Or did he buy his shares from Delia. you know buy a few and i''ll give you a place on the board.[;)]

[/quote]

I reckon that''s the one[Y]

The cook''s purse is overflowing.. all that extra money from pies and booking fees.. no wonder we can''t get back to the top of the Premier League where we belong.. bring back that great benefactor Big Bob [:O][;)]

Maybe Stephen can convince that affluent Lotus chap who seems to have gone off the radar - to hand over some wonga?

That''ll be a start....Show that Keith Harris bloke, how it should be done.... 

I wonder why Keith Harris never thought about tapping into the 25,000 fans for investment. McNally worked it out quick enough[:O] Or was it Delia''s doing as Tangie seems to think[:^)] Whoever it was it seems to have brought more us more investment in one week that Harris has the entire time he''s been on the case[:|]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I wonder why Keith Harris never thought about tapping into the 25,000 fans for investment. McNally worked it out quick enough[:O] Or was it Delia''s doing as Tangie seems to think[:^)] Whoever it was it seems to have brought more us more investment in one week that Harris has the entire time he''s been on the case[:|]

[/quote]Funny. I was thinking the exact same thing.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Bin the Bayer and bin the bingo, beer and the bog-brush..... and be suited and booted offer your services to Carra.....You certainly have all the answers.

Then you can be studying for your MBA courtesy of the club and strut and pout along the top of the Jarrold on match-days.....

I leave it to you if you want to patronise the punters outside the club-shop before kick-off.

---As far as whether Fry has been brought on board mainly to attract

investmentt, it''s worth bearing in mind what Bowkett said in May about

how far Deloitte''s (who have effectively taken over from Harris) were

getting on:

"On the investment front we have

spent the past six months in discussions with over 50 parties in

America, Europe, the Middle East and the Far East. We are now in

detailed discussions with several of those parties as to structuring

further investment. As these matters are complex, I would not expect any

further information to be available in the short-term."

Now that Deloitte''s short-listed of "several" might not produce anything

(as quite a few other clubs have found) but it suggests we are now

looking on two different levels - the serious-money Deloitte''s level and

the smaller-scale Fry level, with his worldwide networking (real and

virtual) fuelling interest in the club and so - perhaps - money.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Bin the Bayer and bin the bingo, beer and the bog-brush..... and be suited and booted offer your services to Carra.....You certainly have all the answers.

Then you can be studying for your MBA courtesy of the club and strut and pout along the top of the Jarrold on match-days.....

I leave it to you if you want to patronise the punters outside the club-shop before kick-off.

[/quote]

I''m keepin'' Bayer, bingo, beer and bog-brush thanks mello. I''m loyal to them just like I am to my footie team[Y] Is that what you do[:^)] Did you trash the toon[:^)] Or are they still in the closet[:^)]

Is there one here you fancy pet[:^)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The cook''s purse is overflowing.. all that extra money from pies and booking fees.. no wonder we can''t get back to the top of the Premier League where we belong.. bring back that great benefactor Big Bob [:O][;)]

[/quote]

Whoosh the white charger arrives.

What would be wrong with Delia selling some of HER shates then?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m keepin'' Bayer, bingo, beer and bog-brush thanks mello. I''m loyal to them just like I am to my footie team[Y] Is that what you do[:^)] Did you trash the toon[:^)] Or are they still in the closet[:^)]

[/quote]

Ho Ho! The Geordie Scene!......

Loyal to the Bayer, because there you have control, and ultimately - it''s your personal territory......

You like to be in control.....and you don''t like change, interference or assistance....

Your bingo, your bogs....your beer.....your realm.

Everything has to be - just how you want and like it to be....Good old Nutless, life and soul of the Bayer.....

Mr Organiser, and always in control.....

New territory?....Not for you.....

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Whoosh the white charger arrives.

What would be wrong with Delia selling some of HER shates then?

[/quote]

Wrong with it??? Why nothing! It''s what everyone wants isn''t it?? Everyone except me.. I''d much rather the club sold those unsold shares they are holding to get the fresh money into the club. What would you prefer?

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Loyal to the Bayer, because there you have control, and ultimately - it''s your personal territory......

You like to be in control.....and you don''t like change, interference or assistance....

Everything has to be - just how you want and like it to be....Good old Nutless, life and soul of the Bayer.....

[/quote]

[8] Wherever I lay my cap, that''s my club[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[8] Wherever I lay my cap, that''s my club[;)]

[/quote]

Nice cuppa for you....just as you demanded.....Two level teaspoon sugars, three millimeters of semi-skimmed and stirred anti-clockwise for 15 revolutions.....

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

But Nutty its all to do with power.....when we were relegated Delia was not in a positiom to go against the likes of Bowkett and McNally otherwise if they had resigned her position would have been weakened further in the eyes of many fans.  Having got promoted the majority shareholding directors are now in a stronger position to exert their wishes should they wish to do so..........
[/quote]

Marvelous Tangie[Y][Y][Y]

So Bowkett and McNally found their level in League One just like The Doc! Now we''re back in the Championship it''s the cook calling the shots again[:O] 

[/quote]

Its about being realistic about who has the power in the boardroom.
[/quote]

Great result for Delia''s Norwich today Tangie. Three points and a clean sheet away from home back at her level[Y]

Oh what a gay day...............

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

But Nutty its all to do with power.....when we were relegated Delia was not in a positiom to go against the likes of Bowkett and McNally otherwise if they had resigned her position would have been weakened further in the eyes of many fans.  Having got promoted the majority shareholding directors are now in a stronger position to exert their wishes should they wish to do so..........[/quote]

Marvelous Tangie[Y][Y][Y]

So Bowkett and McNally found their level in League One just like The Doc! Now we''re back in the Championship it''s the cook calling the shots again[:O] 

[/quote]Its about being realistic about who has the power in the boardroom.[/quote]

Great result for Delia''s Norwich today Tangie. Three points and a clean sheet away from home back at her level[Y]

Oh what a gay day...............

[/quote]It''s not every day that Little old Norwich can go to a powerhouse team like Scunthorpe and pick their pockets.  Well done you plucky Canaries! ♥ ♥ ♥

It is Delia''s Norwich City.....

Look East announced it as so, when they said that Stephen (her very good chum) had been appointed as a Director yesterday evening.

And Look East, are a factual news programme....

So there.

Prepare for a season where Delia the ''Saviour'' makes a big media comeback. Another year in Division Three might just have seen the back of her.It will all end in tears.

[quote user="Cluck"]Prepare for a season where Delia the ''Saviour'' makes a big media comeback. Another year in Division Three might just have seen the back of her.

It will all end in tears.

[/quote]

You said that this time last year.

For a panto villain you''re not very good, at least learn some new lines.

[quote user="Cluck"]Prepare for a season where Delia the ''Saviour'' makes a big media comeback. Another year in Division Three might just have seen the back of her.It will all end in tears.[/quote]Time to get my favourite record out again...[IMG]http://i445.photobucket.com/albums/qq174/NCFC87/vrg45.jpg[/IMG]

[quote user="IncH_HigH "]

[quote user="Cluck"]Prepare for a season where Delia the ''Saviour'' makes a big media comeback. Another year in Division Three might just have seen the back of her.It will all end in tears.

[/quote]

[/quote]History has a funny way of repeating itself........ and if you consider winning Division Three as some kind of heroism then it explains why Delia has got you all dangling again.

[quote user="Cluck"][quote user="IncH_HigH "]

[quote user="Cluck"]Prepare for a season where Delia the ''Saviour'' makes a big media comeback. Another year in Division Three might just have seen the back of her.It will all end in tears.

[/quote]

[/quote]History has a funny way of repeating itself........

[/quote]As do your posts.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Cluck"][quote user="IncH_HigH "]

[quote user="Cluck"]Prepare for a season where Delia the ''Saviour'' makes a big media comeback. Another year in Division Three might just have seen the back of her.

[/quote]

[/quote]

History has a funny way of repeating itself........

[/quote]

As do your posts.

[/quote]

And...As the way you pick on the soft targets.....

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Cluck"][quote user="IncH_HigH "]

[/quote]

[/quote]History has a funny way of repeating itself........

[/quote]As do your posts.[/quote]

[/quote]

And the way you always make the last word a sour one.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Cluck"][quote user="IncH_HigH "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

History has a funny way of repeating itself........

[/quote]

As do your posts.

[/quote]

[/quote]

And the way you always make the last word a sour one.

[/quote]

Jog on....

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="Cluck"]Prepare for a season where Delia the ''Saviour'' makes a big media comeback. Another year in Division Three might just have seen the back of her.

[/quote]

Time to get my favourite record out again...

[IMG]http://i445.photobucket.com/albums/qq174/NCFC87/vrg45.jpg[/IMG]
[/quote]

[:D][Y]

[quote user="Delia Out"]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="Cluck"]Prepare for a season where Delia the ''Saviour'' makes a big media comeback. Another year in Division Three might just have seen the back of her.

[/quote]

Time to get my favourite record out again...

[IMG]http://i445.photobucket.com/albums/qq174/NCFC87/vrg45.jpg[/IMG]
[/quote]

[:D][Y]

[/quote]I''d buy a copy, so would a few thousand I reckon.