Sign in to follow this  
Big Slob

Stephen Fry (press conference 5.30pm)

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="IncH_HigH "]

[quote user="crafty canary"]So he''s a passionate fan (like the other 25000+) and has lots of contacts. Well he had these without being a director and has he influenced anyone to invest? I really can''t see the point of this appointment other than to boost Delia''s ego and the number of her supporters on the board. 
[/quote]

Was that the sound of a hammer hitting a nail squarely on the head.[;)]

[/quote]

Agreed.

[/quote]

Interesting this.

Assuming a new director has to be ratified by the board which directors do you people think agreed to invite Stephen Fry onto the board to boost Delia''s ego?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

It''s good news if you are one who would like to see further investment under the current ownership. This ambassador role seems to be aimed at attracting new investment.  

[/quote]New investment - I''ll believe it when either the club announce serious money has been invested (not 10 bob or 50p in todays money) or its in the audited NCFC Accounts, i.e......show me the money!

[quote user="crafty canary"]So he''s a passionate fan (like the other 25000+) and has lots of contacts. Well he had these without being a director and has he influenced anyone to invest? I really can''t see the point of this appointment other than to boost Delia''s ego and the number of her supporters on the board.  [/quote]You mean in the six hours he''s been on the board he hasn''t yet attracted a billionaire investor?  Boo!  Sack them all!

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="IncH_HigH "]

[quote user="crafty canary"]So he''s a passionate fan (like the other 25000+) and has lots of contacts. Well he had these without being a director and has he influenced anyone to invest? I really can''t see the point of this appointment other than to boost Delia''s ego and the number of her supporters on the board. 
[/quote]

[/quote]

Agreed.

[/quote]

Interesting this.

Assuming a new director has to be ratified by the board which directors do you people think agreed to invite Stephen Fry onto the board to boost Delia''s ego?

[/quote]

Marcus Evans....

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="crafty canary"]So he''s a passionate fan (like the other 25000+) and has lots of contacts. Well he had these without being a director and has he influenced anyone to invest? I really can''t see the point of this appointment other than to boost Delia''s ego and the number of her supporters on the board.  [/quote]You mean in the six hours he''s been on the board he hasn''t yet attracted a billionaire investor?  Boo!  Sack them all![/quote]But he''s had plenty of time before his appointment to the NCFC board and produced what in terms of new investment? 

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="crafty canary"]So he''s a passionate fan (like the other 25000+) and has lots of contacts. Well he had these without being a director and has he influenced anyone to invest? I really can''t see the point of this appointment other than to boost Delia''s ego and the number of her supporters on the board.  [/quote]You mean in the six hours he''s been on the board he hasn''t yet attracted a billionaire investor?  Boo!  Sack them all![/quote]But he''s had plenty of time before his appointment to the NCFC board and produced what in terms of new investment? 

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]New investment - I''ll believe it when either the club announce serious money has been invested (not 10 bob or 50p in todays money) or its in the audited NCFC Accounts, i.e......show me the money!
[/quote]Who''s the cock with the crayons?

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="Å¿illy Å¿auÅ¿age"][quote user="First Wizard"]I like Mr Fry, but has he got much cash?[/quote]Much money?  The amount of films, books and tv work he''s done he''s minted[/quote]He may have taken a financial hit when he left a play in London days after it started.[/quote]No. It wasn''t his play. He hadn''t bankrolled it.. He was just acting it in. And the play carried on, for a while. If Fry lost any money at all on that it will have been negligible.

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="Å¿illy Å¿auÅ¿age"][quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="Å¿illy Å¿auÅ¿age"][quote user="thirdlion v2"]You think a post referring to pink pounds was removed because the mod was homophobic?[/quote]Certainly, no other explanation.  The pink pound is a multi-million pound industry that companies try to tap into.  I was attempting to debate the subject here and commend the club for thinking outside the box as it were.  But alas no.[/quote]So because the new director happens to be gay, we can infer that the club are trying to tap into the gay market? Really? [*-)][/quote]No not exclusively obviously.  [/quote]But why should his sexuality have been an influence on the decision at all? I don''t get it. [8-)][/quote]Keep moving otherwise theres every chance you will do now......

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="Å¿illy Å¿auÅ¿age"][quote user="First Wizard"]I like Mr Fry, but has he got much cash?[/quote]Much money?  The amount of films, books and tv work he''s done he''s minted[/quote]He may have taken a financial hit when he left a play in London days after it started.[/quote]No. It wasn''t his play. He hadn''t bankrolled it.. He was just acting it in. And the play carried on, for a while. If Fry lost any money at all on that it will have been negligible.[/quote]I thougt it was reported at the time that he may get sued for leaving the play after a couple of days into its runby those that had invested in the play.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="IncH_HigH "]

[quote user="crafty canary"]So he''s a passionate fan (like the other 25000+) and has lots of contacts. Well he had these without being a director and has he influenced anyone to invest? I really can''t see the point of this appointment other than to boost Delia''s ego and the number of her supporters on the board.  [/quote]

[/quote]Agreed.

[/quote]

Interesting this.

[/quote]Given the effective power of the majority shareholders, do you think any of the other directors are going to risk their position by saying no?

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="crafty canary"]So he''s a passionate fan (like the other 25000+) and has lots of contacts. Well he had these without being a director and has he influenced anyone to invest? I really can''t see the point of this appointment other than to boost Delia''s ego and the number of her supporters on the board.  [/quote]You mean in the six hours he''s been on the board he hasn''t yet attracted a billionaire investor?  Boo!  Sack them all![/quote]But he''s had plenty of time before his appointment to the NCFC board and produced what in terms of new investment?  [/quote]But surely he only started working for the club on his appointment to the board, which was about six hours ago?

I think its more for who he is and what he may be able to bring to the club more than money per say from him.  The announcement calls he an ambassador and if it helps raise the profile of the club higher then its a good move.  And a genuine City fan too which is always good to see

[quote user="Nolly"]I think its more for who he is and what he may be able to bring to the club more than money per say from him.  The announcement calls he an ambassador and if it helps raise the profile of the club higher then its a good move.  And a genuine City fan too which is always good to see[/quote]Why not appoint Nutty Nigel to the NCFC board?  He''s a fan and he makes people laugh.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="IncH_HigH "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Agreed.

[/quote]

Interesting this.

[/quote]

Given the effective power of the majority shareholders, do you think any of the other directors are going to risk their position by saying no?
[/quote]

That''s even more interesting.

I gave the new board members a lot of credit for the way we got back to the Championship. But it seems they''re just lap dogs after all[&][&][&]

I''d just like to take this opportunity of joining Tangie in congratulating Delia in turning the club round over the last year or so[Y]

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="Å¿illy Å¿auÅ¿age"][quote user="First Wizard"]I like Mr Fry, but has he got much cash?[/quote]Much money?  The amount of films, books and tv work he''s done he''s minted[/quote]He may have taken a financial hit when he left a play in London days after it started.[/quote]No. It wasn''t his play. He hadn''t bankrolled it.. He was just acting it in. And the play carried on, for a while. If Fry lost any money at all on that it will have been negligible.[/quote]I thougt it was reported at the time that he may get sued for leaving the play after a couple of days into its runby those that had invested in the play.[/quote]You''re right that there was some talk, but it never happened. Of course it is possible Fry made a secret payment to settle the matter, but it wouldn''t have been that big, and this was 15 years ago. He has had 15 years to earn a bit to steady his finances if they needed steadying and augment them. But in any event there doesn''t seem to be any suggestion that he is putting serious money into the club.The performer who DID kiss goodbye[:''(] to an eye-watering amount of money was Paul Simon, whose Broadway musical closed with an $11m loss.[N] But Simon is not believed to be a Canary fan.[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="IncH_HigH "]

[quote user="crafty canary"]So he''s a passionate fan (like the other 25000+) and has lots of contacts. Well he had these without being a director and has he influenced anyone to invest? I really can''t see the point of this appointment other than to boost Delia''s ego and the number of her supporters on the board.  [/quote]

[/quote]Agreed.

[/quote]

Interesting this.

[/quote]Given the effective power of the majority shareholders, do you think any of the other directors are going to risk their position by saying no?[/quote]

That''s even more interesting.

I gave the new board members a lot of credit for the way we got back to the Championship. But it seems they''re just lap dogs after all[&][&][&]

I''d just like to take this opportunity of joining Tangie in congratulating Delia in turning the club round over the last year or so[Y]

[/quote]

But Nutty its all to do with power.....when we were relegated Delia was not in a positiom to go against the likes of Bowkett and McNally otherwise if they had resigned her position would have been weakened further in the eyes of many fans.  Having got promoted the majority shareholding directors are now in a stronger position to exert their wishes should they wish to do so..........

It''s now the second most read story on the BBC website, so certainly drawing attention to the club already. Also with 1.6m followers on Twitter he can certainly reach the masses. This isn''t going to change the future of Norwich City, but so what? Stephen Fry is a bit of a legend and has been a Norwich fan all his life, true he doesn''t go to every game but I hear he has other things to be getting on with at times.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

But Nutty its all to do with power.....when we were relegated Delia was not in a positiom to go against the likes of Bowkett and McNally otherwise if they had resigned her position would have been weakened further in the eyes of many fans.  Having got promoted the majority shareholding directors are now in a stronger position to exert their wishes should they wish to do so..........
[/quote]

Marvelous Tangie[Y][Y][Y]

So Bowkett and McNally found their level in League One just like The Doc! Now we''re back in the Championship it''s the cook calling the shots again[:O] Do you reckon Doncaster''s coming home [+o(]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

But Nutty its all to do with power.....when we were relegated Delia was not in a positiom to go against the likes of Bowkett and McNally otherwise if they had resigned her position would have been weakened further in the eyes of many fans.  Having got promoted the majority shareholding directors are now in a stronger position to exert their wishes should they wish to do so..........[/quote]

Marvelous Tangie[Y][Y][Y]

So Bowkett and McNally found their level in League One just like The Doc! Now we''re back in the Championship it''s the cook calling the shots again[:O] 

[/quote]Its about being realistic about who has the power in the boardroom.